Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:14:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 71502 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »

I'm sure we can do our best to advance the Radical Gay Agenda. Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »

Duke, you sweet boy, if you should need anything to advance the Radical Gay Agenda in the Senate, I am most willing to stand by my fellow fabulous boys! Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #527 on: January 23, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »

I want to thank you all for the support your showing both The Agenda and my return to this game. I had no idea there was such strong support just throbbing at the waistlines of so many of you.

I look forward to continuing this push together, hand in hand, and forehead to forehead.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »

Friends,

As evidenced by this bill in the legislature, the "IDS" is closer to ridding itself of the horrendous Dungeons and Dragonesque names bestowed upon it from misguided citizens long ago.

When this occurred, it stripped the proud Southeast region of its heritage. The Dirty South, as it was so fondly named, stood as a symbol for renaissance, regions rights, and fun during the years of 2008-2010. It played a roll in shaping how all Atlasians related to the divide between the federal and regional governments.

In 2010, all that changed. The renaissance fair goers took over, and in the midst of their Magic the Gathering duels between warlocks and witches, they decided to bring their perverted obsessions into Atlasia, creating an "Imperial South" with an "emperor" presiding over the region, never mind that there was nothing Imperial about the South. And coats of arms for each house? If you like that stuff, you should have stayed in medieval England. I hear King Arthur has a seat at his round table.

I am proudly supporting Flo's bill and I urge the public to call in and urge their legislator's to support it too. For those who claim this is a move by the "atlas is serious business" brigade, let me remind you the Dirty South was far from a boring region during its era. In fact, the President at the time commended on how vibrant and active it was, which is in stark contrast to the current state of the region. I would know. I've been appointed to fill legislature seats more times this week than you've masturbated this month.

It's time to take back this region for The People who made it what it was. Stand with me, friends. It's time.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2015, 02:06:55 PM »

Thank you, Duke, for your unequivocal support of this bill.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »

Friends,

As evidenced by this bill in the legislature, the "IDS" is closer to ridding itself of the horrendous Dungeons and Dragonesque names bestowed upon it from misguided citizens long ago.

When this occurred, it stripped the proud Southeast region of its heritage. The Dirty South, as it was so fondly named, stood as a symbol for renaissance, regions rights, and fun during the years of 2008-2010. It played a roll in shaping how all Atlasians related to the divide between the federal and regional governments.

In 2010, all that changed. The renaissance fair goers took over, and in the midst of their Magic the Gathering duels between warlocks and witches, they decided to bring their perverted obsessions into Atlasia, creating an "Imperial South" with an "emperor" presiding over the region, never mind that there was nothing Imperial about the South. And coats of arms for each house? If you like that stuff, you should have stayed in medieval England. I hear King Arthur has a seat at his round table.

I am proudly supporting Flo's bill and I urge the public to call in and urge their legislator's to support it too. For those who claim this is a move by the "atlas is serious business" brigade, let me remind you the Dirty South was far from a boring region during its era. In fact, the President at the time commended on how vibrant and active it was, which is in stark contrast to the current state of the region. I would know. I've been appointed to fill legislature seats more times this week than you've masturbated this month.

It's time to take back this region for The People who made it what it was. Stand with me, friends. It's time.

Whether we call our region the IDS or the Southeast will have no impact on how fun a region it is.  I don't know what Magic the Gathering is, but if it is anything like Dungeons and Dragons, I'm sure it is pretty cringeworthy.  That said, I don't see what either of those (assuming they're basically the same) have to do with what we should call the IDS.  "IDS" is just a harmless name/regional quirk; what's the big deal?

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »

Friends,

Whether we call our region the IDS or the Southeast will have no impact on how fun a region it is.  I don't know what Magic the Gathering is, but if it is anything like Dungeons and Dragons, I'm sure it is pretty cringeworthy.  That said, I don't see what either of those (assuming they're basically the same) have to do with what we should call the IDS.  "IDS" is just a harmless name/regional quirk; what's the big deal?

I laid out what the big deal is in my speech. The South had a much longer history than the IDS and was once a leader for regional rights and activity. Since I left office there in 2010, it has slowly slipped downhill, and we have evidence that the silly names have actually deterred people from registering there. Not everyone pines for the days of Knights and the round table.

The region can be fun again without having houses of "X name" and imperial guards and emperors, and I would love nothing more than to restore the South to its former glory. That's my goal. That's why I am in the legislature. And of course, I have made no secret for my disdain of the naming structure installed by the crazies years ago. They had no respect for the South's prior traditions, and the south is all about traditions.

We tried to restore the South to its former glory in 2013 but at the time, we lacked an emperor that shared our viewpoint. With Flo, I have that emperor.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2015, 08:51:39 PM »

Duke, all the best to you as you strive valiantly, dare I say like a knight of old?, to rid the Southeast Region of these archaic and elitist titles.

"Duke" is not one of the titles in the IDS is it?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #533 on: February 03, 2015, 10:37:14 PM »

To be fair Duke, the DS did slip as well, towards the end of your last month or two and with Dan Adams as Governor leading to the election of Xahar in October 2009.

One of the main reasons why the change occured in 2010 was the new energy brought by Jbrase and his crew, yelnoc, Tb75 and others in that year that revived the region's energy and vitality. It passed rather overwhelmingly even with both you and myself in opposition at the time. Had the DS been such a beacon of activity, there never would have been a name change because 2010 wouldn't have seen a revival were such not necessary from the getgo.

The IDS had great periods of success over the last four years, and therefore I hardly do think it was problematic or a hindrance. On the other hand, there were allegations of racism attached to "Dirty South" and associated terms that were mocked by many on the left as well before said change that probably would also provide an equally hindering effect.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #534 on: February 04, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »

I fought for this change way back when, have supported these reforms since God knows when and am glad to see that the flag was finally changed (even if it is still ugly; at least it's Liebor Red). Anything associated with the South that seems racist, seems so for obvious reasons, but a return to the historically more-accurate name and titles of the region make much more sense than the Imperial nonsense that continues to plague my ancestral homeland.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #535 on: February 04, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »

I remember the racism calls back in the day, but that had a lot to do with DWTL and how we acted during those days. We all know no racism existed, at least not on my end, but I haven't forgotten. And yes, it did slip a few months before I left office, but I wouldn't use that to tarnish all the good the south experienced over the previous two years.

Either way, it is full steam ahead with this change. I hardly attribute the IDS name change as the region the south had a new influx of energy, unless Brase and the like really  did join to implement his silly changes. Either way, he is long gone now and has been for years, so keeping it around hoping King Arthur returns is a waste of time.

The IDS name isn't popular and doesn't have mass appeal, and it certainly isn't attracting new people to join, especially if I am still holding office there after all these years. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #536 on: February 04, 2015, 02:04:54 PM »

I remember the racism calls back in the day, but that had a lot to do with DWTL and how we acted during those days. We all know no racism existed, at least not on my end, but I haven't forgotten. And yes, it did slip a few months before I left office, but I wouldn't use that to tarnish all the good the south experienced over the previous two years.

Either way, it is full steam ahead with this change. I hardly attribute the IDS name change as the region the south had a new influx of energy, unless Brase and the like really  did join to implement his silly changes. Either way, he is long gone now and has been for years, so keeping it around hoping King Arthur returns is a waste of time.

The IDS name isn't popular and doesn't have mass appeal, and it certainly isn't attracting new people to join, especially if I am still holding office there after all these years. Tongue

No one said it was bringing new people, but it isn't keeping them out either.  It has no impact one way or the other on the region's population and activity levels.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »

No one said it was bringing new people, but it isn't keeping them out either.  It has no impact one way or the other on the region's population and activity levels.

It very well may not, but it has long been my goal to rid the South of those silly, archaic, medieval names, and I am going to push it till it's accomplished. We already have some people, like Barnes, saying the naming scheme actually deterred them from joining, so we know that exists, even if the sample size is small.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2015, 09:55:34 PM »

But Barnes had already joined the game prior to the IDS name change and he elected not go to the Dirty South but to another region in 2009 (I think Northeast). It may have been a detterant from moving or joining it upon a subsequent return after a hiatus later on, but he also had pre-established connections in other regions as well.

I agree with X-man, on an overall basis, the name has a minimal effect and whilst annoying to some (It may not have widespread support, but it is also not overwhelming opposed as I recall it being about 50-50 in the last poll), I don't think it is the reason for the region's problems or that we will have an influx once it has changed.

Duke, you said two years, but you acknowlege most of 2009 was a period of decline on into early 2010. If the DS and such were adopted in 2008 with your election as Governor (mid 2008 I will note), where is the second year of glory you mentioned? By April and May of 2009, the perception of your Governorship amongst newer people had become one of inactivity already by that point. I don't deny the DS its moment in the Sun, but from a mathematical standpoint alone it was rather short period of time barely equaling a year.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #539 on: February 05, 2015, 12:14:47 AM »

Why are we arguing about activity? I never claimed it would magically fix the region's problems. I'm saying I don't like the names, I find them silly, childish, and only for a niche. They have plagued my long time home region for too long.

I want the names back to how they were before, names that are actually southern and have southern tradition. The southeast existed long before the imperial dungeons and dragons players took it over, and it can exist after.

I also don't like the naysayers dragging my governorship through the mud. I took over at a period when one person voted in the regional election and turned it into a great place. If I'm unwanted here in the south, I will happily leave. I've given the region all I could, served in nearly every capacity, but if the names are more important, just say so. I'll leave the south.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #540 on: February 13, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »

Just before the clock struck Friday the 13th and Jason Vorhees left the Imperial Lakes to go murder innocent children as their parents attended renaissance festivals, EmporerGovernor Flo signed into law a bill that restores the South to its former glory and rids it of the barbaric names that have plagued this region for almost 5 years.

Many of you may be wondering why I am bolding so much text, but this is a big deal. Years ago, the pro-South forces waged war with the Imperial Coat of Arms kilt wearers in the legislature and lost. It seemed as if the majority of legislators' heads were still in the clouds and still convinced that eating giant turkey legs while watching two people joust was fun.

Fast forward to now. The People, knowing that if you want something done, do it yourself, raided the region and said enough is enough. Sweet FLO was installed as governor, Maxwell joined the Legislature and the rest is history. Once The People controlled the region ravaged by inactivity, shame, and a crumbling round table, there was no stopping this train.

I want to thank all of you who supported this bill and returning the South to its ancestral self. To those who opposed, I hope you continue to work in the region and come to understand how monumental this day is.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #541 on: February 13, 2015, 12:16:35 AM »

I'm very happy to see these changes go into effect, and I'm glad to have your (and Maxwell's) support for this. It's a great day for our region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #542 on: February 13, 2015, 12:17:46 AM »

Somewhere a faux Texan by way of Iowa is weeping. Tongue

Congrats Duke, you worked hard for this one man. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #543 on: February 13, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »

It's all now you see. Yesterday won't be over until tomorrow and tomorrow began ten thousand years ago. For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863.
- William Faulkner

This is indeed tremendous news!  As we are both true Southerners, I welcome this news with great fanfare and celebration!

Mint Julips for everyone!*

*Sweet Tea will, of course, be provided as a non-alcoholic alternative.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #544 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT

I am happy to announce I will be publicly endorsing a presidential ticket in the next few days. While my decision has all but been made, I am still accepting cash donationsbribes between now and then.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »

Just before the clock struck Friday the 13th and Jason Vorhees left the Imperial Lakes to go murder innocent children as their parents attended renaissance festivals, EmporerGovernor Flo signed into law a bill that restores the South to its former glory and rids it of the barbaric names that have plagued this region for almost 5 years.

Many of you may be wondering why I am bolding so much text, but this is a big deal. Years ago, the pro-South forces waged war with the Imperial Coat of Arms kilt wearers in the legislature and lost. It seemed as if the majority of legislators' heads were still in the clouds and still convinced that eating giant turkey legs while watching two people joust was fun.

Fast forward to now. The People, knowing that if you want something done, do it yourself, raided the region and said enough is enough. Sweet FLO was installed as governor, Maxwell joined the Legislature and the rest is history. Once The People controlled the region ravaged by inactivity, shame, and a crumbling round table, there was no stopping this train.

I want to thank all of you who supported this bill and returning the South to its ancestral self. To those who opposed, I hope you continue to work in the region and come to understand how monumental this day is.

This is trule a glorious doy.

I am weeping as I an typine, yes, my duar friond, weeping widh joy. 

It is diffidult for me to see ny keyboord, my tears ahe making my vision cloudy.

Forgive me if there are typing errors, but I camnot constrain my tears of joy ad thos glorious mews.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2015, 12:58:50 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 01:01:45 AM by Duke »

A somber message from former President Duke

I think it's important we stand behind Bore for several reasons, but the main one being that Bacon King is on his ticket. Friends, this party is first and foremost a party based on organic growth and one that values camaraderie, friendship, trust and mutual respect. We support our own in nearly all circumstances, assuming one of our own is not embarrassing The Party in some capacity.

Bacon King has always been an upstanding member of The Party, and he represents all the things we hold near and dear to our hearts. Senator Bore has also been a steady, dedicated public servant for many terms now, and always worked well and listened to my proposals when I was making people's lives miserable in Nyman. I trust he will be someone who will listen not only to The People, but to The People's Vice President when a big issue is before him.

I join Polnut in supporting Senator Bore and our own Senator Bacon King in their quest to go to the White House. We must unite behind our member and give him all the support he needs, because when you step back and think about it - when this election is over and governing must be done, who will we have more access and trust in if we have a concern? An all D-R ticket, or a ticket with one of our own on it? That's a question you need to ask yourself.

And I say none of this to take away from Maxwell, a wonderful guy and hard worker in his own right, one of the best the right has, but he is not a member of The Party and should he win, he will have no obligation to adhere to anything The People wish to see done. With Bore and Bacon King, The People can plant their seed in Nyman once again.

Join me on stage, light a candle, and take my hand as I sing songs of praise to The People who are the wind in our sails and the butter on my bread. It is important we continue to heed their guidance even during times, like now, of uncertainty.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2015, 01:03:34 AM »

I appreciate the compliment Duke, even if I understand a lack of endorsement.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »

I encourage all Southerners who are ready to return our region to its former glory and restore it to a sense of elegance, grace and charm to come out and vote for the amendment now before you here.

For the glory of the great South!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »

I encourage all Southerners who are ready to return our region to its former glory and restore it to a sense of elegance, grace and charm to come out and vote for the amendment now before you here.

For the glory of the great South!

Duke my dear friend, why did you not abolish the title of Judicial Overlord and replace it with Chief Judicial Officer?

Judicial Overload is elitist, anachronistic, and a throwback to the dark days of the IDS.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies