Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 71497 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:53 PM »

I am glad this office has re-opened.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »

I am glad this office has re-opened.

Don't worry, Simfan. I couldn't keep my doors closed to The People for too long.

Also, I am happy to announce I am returning to politics starting next week until the end of the month.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »

Hello friends and enemies alike,

I am here to encourage all of you publicly to support the bicameralism amendment. It is important to understand that this amendment does NOT consolidate the regions. It merely is enacted if consolidation ever occurs and eliminates the uncertainty that many may have if such a plan were to go through, which we all know likely will never occur.

Nevertheless, I ask you to consider it and give the amendment a fair consideration before opposing it. It is a culmination of hard work by the senate and built off my September 2013 memo published prior to the general election.

Thanks for reading, even if you decide to oppose it.

Love,
Duke
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #503 on: September 21, 2014, 11:18:06 PM »

Over the last few months, we have seen the collapse of The Era and a new period of vicious behavior has taken root, turning friends against friends and man against woman. It's times like this that The People cry for atlasia. But rather than put down their pitch forks and sink into their homes to hide from difficulties, The People grab Their problems by the balls and move forward. The People are, after all, that quiet voice in the wind and that tic toc you hear in your inner ear in the mornings. At Their heart, The People have always been problem solvers and will do so once again when They hear the call of duty. That's why I founded The Party in Their honor. My heart is with The People. It always has been and always will be.

For the last few months, I have been fighting a personal battle. What should I do? Remain in a party that has been good to me, a party that one of my best friends had led for months, or go home to The Party, the place where The People reign and a place where I have had so many memories and some of the most fun possible in Atlasia.

The People may disburse and its members may go on to do great things, and they have, but they do not remain apart forever, and tonight, after a long period of thought, it's time for The Party to become whole again.

Tonight, the last two pieces are coming home.

At long last.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #504 on: September 21, 2014, 11:22:08 PM »

Best of luck: maybe you can fix it all. Kiss
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #505 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »

The Party is happy to finally welcome you home, where you belong.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: September 21, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »

Now begins the eternal reign of The People.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2014, 12:31:23 AM »

Welcome home fellow handsome boy! Cheesy
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »

Welcome home, Duke. I personally wasn't around for the first incarnation, but over the past week or so, I couldn't have felt more welcome here.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »

The old prophecies are fulfilled! Let's cry out of thousand throats, for a glorious Era of The People!

Nix/Duke for President! Purple heart Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »

God has not forgotten His Children.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »

It's good to be back amongst The People, and I'm thrilled to see so many people joining The Cause. I will speak in the coming weeks about The Party and what it means to be a member of such a group. It is a special kind of party, not like any other I have been a member of, and I hope to instill its tradition and heritage into the hearts and minds of our new members.

We are here to serve The People and Their interests, first and foremost. Don't ever forget that, for They are eternal and everlasting.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »

Hello friends,

I am your VP for the next week. Please be nice to me. I promise that Cranberry and I will be on our best behavior until our new Fearless Leader is chosen by The People. While neither of us are running, donations, solicitations and praises are always welcome.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »

Praise be to Duke.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »

As many of you may know or don't know, I have been on hiatus from this game for a few months following the end of The Era of Good Feeling, because when things felt that good, who needs me, right?

So I left. In the time I was gone, I passed the bar exam, went through two girlfriends, quit my legal assistant job, celebrated my grandfather's 92nd birthday, saw my mother take a new job in Georgia so I can now go visit Adam Griffin, and spent Christmas with people who think Savannah is a better city than Charleston.

I don't know much about what is going on in Atlasia. I can tell you Lumine is the President, but I don't know the big issues today, the controversies, if any exist, or the needs. I don't even know if I am needed, but once again, I will show up anyway. Tongue

With that said, The People have called me to return to office, and I am announcing I will run for the IDS Legislature once again whenever the next elections are. If anything, I can use my previous experience to funnel money into the region now that The People control the executive branch and are surely happy to take earmarks. Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »

Endorsed!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »

I'm extremely happy that you're running! Endorsed! Grin
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #517 on: January 05, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »

I'm extremely happy that you're running! Endorsed! Grin
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

Thanks for electing to me the IDS legislature. It was truly an accomplishment, as I was one of three running for three open seats!

This will sure as my office. Feel free to stop in and have a drink and ask me whatever you want, from women problems to about my new diet and everything in between.

Purple heart Duke
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »

Hey, Duke. We'll be running into each other around here just like it's old times. Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #520 on: January 22, 2015, 12:27:35 AM »

Hey, Duke. We'll be running into each other around here just like it's old times. Cheesy

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm glad to be back working in the IDS with no ambitions at any higher offices. Cheesy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: January 22, 2015, 01:35:49 AM »

Brother, what about the matter of public immorality? Public immorality being defined as all conduct that is not radically homosexual. Over the past two years, we have seen the RHA practically disappear from the public discourse. I can recall a time in which more of my own party was Radically Gay than not, yet now only breeding (of the bad kind) as far as the eye can see. How must us pretty boys work together to restore its rightful place in the public sphere? Surely this is the root of all the game's problems.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #522 on: January 22, 2015, 01:45:18 AM »

Thank you for your question, Brother Griffin.

I do want to say for the record that the brushing of the Radical Gay agenda to the back page is one of the biggest concerns in this game today. Not long ago, the gays ran wild. There were fabulous parties in the White House and Atlasia stood as a beacon of hope for those who were hopeless, loveless and bitter. We provided drinks, good music and a place to get to know one another.

Since leaving office, I have heard nothing of the advancement of the Radical Gay Agenda. There were a lot of worries I had upon leaving the White House, but I was apparently too confident that The Agenda would continue to thrive. I was sadly wrong.

But have no fear, now that I have returned to public office, we must, together, work to inject its wide, thick reach back into the faces of everyone in Atlasia. We cannot let ourselves turn into Alabama of the 1950s and 60s. We must once again pave the way for progress, love, peace and wonderful parties. It's time to take this country back and away from the prudes who have overrun us!

I hope you and others will stand with me as The Radical Gay Agenda begins its triumphant return! We cannot waste anymore time allowing it die a slow death!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: January 22, 2015, 02:18:31 AM »

Thank you for your question, Brother Griffin.

I do want to say for the record that the brushing of the Radical Gay agenda to the back page is one of the biggest concerns in this game today. Not long ago, the gays ran wild. There were fabulous parties in the White House and Atlasia stood as a beacon of hope for those who were hopeless, loveless and bitter. We provided drinks, good music and a place to get to know one another.

Since leaving office, I have heard nothing of the advancement of the Radical Gay Agenda. There were a lot of worries I had upon leaving the White House, but I was apparently too confident that The Agenda would continue to thrive. I was sadly wrong.

But have no fear, now that I have returned to public office, we must, together, work to inject its wide, thick reach back into the faces of everyone in Atlasia. We cannot let ourselves turn into Alabama of the 1950s and 60s. We must once again pave the way for progress, love, peace and wonderful parties. It's time to take this country back and away from the prudes who have overrun us!

I hope you and others will stand with me as The Radical Gay Agenda begins its triumphant return! We cannot waste anymore time allowing it die a slow death!

Very poignant answer! Perhaps we should move to codify into law the RHA as regional holidays in our respective regions?

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #524 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »

My dear brother Duke, it was with a full heart and a sense of tremendous joy and gratitude when I heard of your triumphant return to Atlasia.

I wept tears of joy at  this marvelous news, yes, my dear friend, tears of joy.

This is a glorious day in the history of our republic.

As I was eating my cereal in the morning the very milk in the bowl seemed to call out to me

Duke is back, Duke is back

As I was reading my study material in the afternoon, the very pages of my book seemed to call out to me

As I was driving home from a meeting in the evening, listening to the radio, the radio itself seemed to call out to me

Yes, these are truly magnificent days, days to be remembered, days to be cherished, by all Atlasians, from coast to splendid coast. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies