Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:22:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 71472 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »

I encourage all Southerners who are ready to return our region to its former glory and restore it to a sense of elegance, grace and charm to come out and vote for the amendment now before you here.

For the glory of the great South!

Duke my dear friend, why did you not abolish the title of Judicial Overlord and replace it with Chief Judicial Officer?

Judicial Overload is elitist, anachronistic, and a throwback to the dark days of the IDS.

Because we'd have much more support for the bill in our legislature and in our voting booth (after I've talked to various people), and I think I speak for both Duke and I when I say we can live with Judicial Overlord if we get rid of the other silly names.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2015, 11:19:43 PM »

I encourage all Southerners who are ready to return our region to its former glory and restore it to a sense of elegance, grace and charm to come out and vote for the amendment now before you here.

Duke my dear friend, why did you not abolish the title of Judicial Overlord and replace it with Chief Judicial Officer?

Judicial Overload is elitist, anachronistic, and a throwback to the dark days of the IDS.

Because we'd have much more support for the bill in our legislature and in our voting booth (after I've talked to various people), and I think I speak for both Duke and I when I say we can live with Judicial Overlord if we get rid of the other silly names.

Oh, OK, thank you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:20 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2015, 07:50:41 PM by Duke »

Unlike the prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case, who went for the death penalty in the murder trial when it lacked the evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt, I know better than to try to bite off more than I can chew.

My main goal was to save the South from the cryptic names that have been stuck to it for years, and if given the choice to sacrifice one name to change the rest, I will do it 9.5 out of 10 times.

Today must be a day we cherish and cry out to The People in thanks, for we are finally seeing progress after years of stagnation. Let this be a great testament to The People's Governor, Flo, and our legislature.

Bless them all from sea to shining sea!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #553 on: March 23, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »

An announcement will be forthcoming about a major undertaking I am about to embark on for the good of The People and thanks to a suggest by my dear friend.

Stay tuned.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #554 on: March 23, 2015, 07:54:50 PM »

Is it me or are intriguing announcement really the latest fad in the South? Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #555 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »

I cannot wait to hear what is. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2015, 08:10:13 PM »

Is it me or are intriguing announcement really the latest fad in the South? Tongue

Beating the dead horse are we? Here's another nail in the coffin, then. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #557 on: March 23, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »

DUKE 4 SENATE
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »

DUKE 4 PREZ
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »

The Co-Presidency shall continue?

#AndrewX24ever!!!!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #560 on: April 17, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 12:04:06 PM by Duke »

On Governor Flo

Friends,

The South is at a crossroads at the moment. Many of you have seen the back and forth, the spats and the discourse over the last few days surrounding our hotly contested governor's race. Many of those opine for the old Imperial Days, where archaic names drove people to other regions and saw a legislature so boring it would make my job look fun.

But Flo came into office, and through my steady hand of causing so much fuss until it was done, we were able to revert ourselves back to a region that is active with a governor that will LEAD us without making us play Magic the Gathering while drinking mead beer.

Make no mistake, I am not and never have said I am unhappy he is being opposed. Contested elections are healthy for this game and healthy for our democracy. But when voters of the South go to the voting booth, the choice is clear. Now is not the time to let up and try an "experiment" with an inexperienced candidate. Now is the time to march forward, with our chests out and smiles on our faces.

With love, peace, and joy, I encourage all of you to vote for Flo. For me, for the South, and for everlasting love.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #561 on: May 10, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

On my Retirement

They say you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain. Today, I'm ready to leave a hero. I am here to announce this is my last term in the Southern legislature, and I will take a step back from Atlasia for the next few months.

I want to thank all my supporters and allies that have worked with me over the years. It has been a great run and together we accomplished a lot of things. I've held nearly every office I could hold and feel like I'm accomplished most of what I set out to do. I build a name and a legacy for myself.

But now I need a break. I don't enjoy the game like I once did, and my passion to play it hasn't been this low since late 2011. And I'm not one to stick around in office to be inactive. Additionally, with the dead of the Update, my interest in posting on the forum in general has dropped.

Good luck to you all, God speed, and I'm sure I'll be back at some point. We always do return.

Purple heart always,

Duke
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:03 AM »

Is the co-Presidency coming to an end too? Sad

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2015, 08:40:31 AM »

All good things must come to an end. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »

I will miss you, my old friend.

All the best.

I can completely empathize with you.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #565 on: May 11, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »

RIP you sweet, sweet prince. Cry

Our era is over: these kids today truly have no class.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2015, 01:51:55 PM »

RIP you sweet, sweet prince. Cry

Our era is over: these kids today truly have no class.

It is a different time, and there's a new era of Atlasians running things now, which is good for the game. I am but an old man with nothing left in his tank.

The new era's lack of attention to The Agenda is bothersome, with no gay parties, no over the top decorating and bed sharing, but surely there will be some new players to spank the young boys into shape.

Rest assured, I'm sure sometime in the future, I'll want to come back. Like a wild night of good fornication, you'll always want to come back for more.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

RIP, FF. Cry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:11 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2015, 07:19:39 PM by Duke »

Hey, what's up, hello,

Over the last few weeks, Atlasia has descended into near chaos as the chorus for change has begun to bellow from the hills beyond the cities. Every man, woman and child in this great nation is now thirsty for something to break the shackles that is the status quo and push us into a new era, one of vibrate activity, exciting elections and delicious caramel cake.

There is no denying that Atlasia is in terrible shape, as bad as I was last Friday night where I found myself in Mississippi, surrounded by rednecks shooting off fireworks listening to country music while dipping tobacco. But it does not have to be this way, no sir, we cannot settle for this.

Today, I am announcing I am coming out of retirement to offer my input, advice and leadership in the discussions surrounding the future of this game both electorally and structurally. As many of you know, I proposed my own plan to overhaul the game in October 2013. That plan still exists and is available to the public. At the time, I was beaten, shamed and spat upon for daring to suggest we needed change. Well, here we are. To quote mypalfish, I will now accept my accolades.

Whatever the outcome of the debate ensuing in the next few months, rest assured, The People are still here, They are still listening, and as always, even in times of doubt, Their voices will still be heard and Their will will be done. The Era may be dead like the squirrel you ran over on the way to work, but it is not forgotten.

Amen
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #569 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »

God I wish you were still President.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #570 on: July 09, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »

PRAISE! THE ERA OF GOOD FEELINGS IS COMING BACK! ACCEPT YOUR ACCOLADES!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #571 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »

...well, thanks. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #572 on: July 10, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »

Duke/Polnut October 2015!!!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #573 on: July 10, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »

Glorious news! Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #574 on: July 10, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »

If its any consolation, I would love to have your second term back as well. Wink Your first wasn't bad, but that ridiculously large JCP majority is kind of big downer on the nostalgia if you know what I mean. Your second time, no one had a majority, or even close. Though it should be noted that five of them had been elected as RPPers. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies