Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 71473 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: July 10, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »

If its any consolation, I would love to have your second term back as well. Wink Your first wasn't bad, but that ridiculously large JCP majority is kind of big downer on the nostalgia if you know what I mean. Your second time, no one had a majority, or even close. Though it should be noted that five of them had been elected as RPPers. Tongue

Jesus, you guys took anyone didn't you Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #576 on: July 10, 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2015, 11:21:51 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

If its any consolation, I would love to have your second term back as well. Wink Your first wasn't bad, but that ridiculously large JCP majority is kind of big downer on the nostalgia if you know what I mean. Your second time, no one had a majority, or even close. Though it should be noted that five of them had been elected as RPPers. Tongue

At least I only shared one two parties with Hamilton. Tongue

Edit: forgot he joined the Feds to vote against Duke. Anyway, it was like a week and we expelled him, just as the RPP had done. How many of the three parties you shared with him expelled him? Tongue

I'll take MArokai any day.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #577 on: July 11, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »

At least I only shared one two parties with Hamilton. Tongue

Edit: forgot he joined the Feds to vote against Duke. Anyway, it was like a week and we expelled him, just as the RPP had done. How many of the three parties you shared with him expelled him? Tongue

I'll take MArokai any day.

Nice twist Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »

Boy, what high praise to be preferred over Hamilton.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »

And people wonder why Atlasia is in such disarray.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #580 on: July 12, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »

Yup - that's not the answer. There's too much desire to retreat to the past and talk about glory days etc, usually, with rose-coloured glasses.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #581 on: July 12, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »

Its kind of like Clinton nostalgia, but the difference is and many people seem to not realize is that, nobody really thinks Duke being President or Polnut being President would change things. Having Duke as President with the environment of early 2014, or Polnut being President with the environment of early 2012, is what the nostalgia is for, justl ike people are nostalgic for Clinton being Preisdent in the environment of the 1990's, which is not something that Bill Clinton did anything much to bring about. It was numerous factors.

Nostalgia is not a negative thing. It means you have done something that is arguably great and it can serve as a motivation to create great things again. That is certainly how I view it and why I keep going. If I truly wanted to recreate the RPP, then letting the Federalists fail would be necessary, but I have gone to great lengths to save it because this isn't 2010 or 2011 and as much as history is cyclical in different ways, you cannot just drop something from the past in and magically recreate that past.

It should also make people analyze what we had and that was a large number of players committed to making the place work in many different capacities. We had public campaigning, we had made great strides in regional activity, we revived media organizations where there had been none.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #582 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »

Yup - that's not the answer. There's too much desire to retreat to the past and talk about glory days etc, usually, with rose-coloured glasses.

Yes, I haven't returned to run for any office. I have returned to participate in the discussion that we are likely to have about the future of this game, not to run for President or any other office. We need a healthy interest and a blossoming next generation of Atlasians to vy for those offices. Not myself or Polnut. We've had our time in the sun.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »

Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »

It's time we supported Pikachu. He's a man who's running a campaign that's serious about saving this country.

May we join hands, sing a song and support him until he's balls deep into the victory circle.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »

It's time we supported Pikachu. He's a man who's running a campaign that's serious about saving this country.

May we join hands, sing a song and support him until he's balls deep into the victory circle.

Mr. President,

With all due respect, although Pikachu is a gentlemen, only I can SAVE the country!!!

-Talleyrand
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #586 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:42 PM »

On my VP run

Many of you may have been surprised late Saturday night when it was announced I would be joining Griffin's ticket, running to capture the hearts, minds and bodies of all Atlasians in the upcoming election. But it shouldn't come as a shock to most.

I accepted griffin's pleainvitation for two reasons. First, for love. Griffin and I have worked tirelessly on a government reform plan since I ran for office in 2013. At the time, our ideas were soundly dismissed. The game is healthy, they said. How dare you attempt to end the regions, they said. And here we are. Now everyone embraces this plan with Atlasia in a tailspin. So why not run with Adam, two visionaries together for one last hurrah?

Second, because we have very little chance at winning. Most of you know I did not like being VP. Sure, sharing a room with Marokai fulfilled all our fantasies, but administering the senate put me to sleep on a daily basis. If I felt we'd actually pull off this upset against a very conservative electorate, I may have had second thoughts, but unless hell freezes over, we have no chance. I'm just happy Cris wasn't one who opposed my plan years ago. Losing to him won't sting like it would if he had been one who tried to primary me from office only to now be an advocate to change things.

To those of you who say I've somehow betrayed you, I'm sorry you feel that way. I for the life of me cannot understand who I betrayed or how, but you're entitled to your own options. I'm loyal to my supporters and my ideas. I always have been and will continue to be.

For now, I look forward to the race and spreading my message of change and reform along with Adam until the bitter end.

Love always

Duke
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #587 on: October 15, 2015, 12:00:33 AM »

You were the best Vice President in years and by virtue of running part of the Senate, you were least bored VP in years. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #588 on: October 22, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

On the Virtues of voting correctly

Voting is never an easy thing, especially in Atlasia. It requires great thought, perseverance and fear. Thought because you have direct contact with your candidates and fear because everyone can see how you vote. So don't vote the wrong way.

Atlasia is in bad shape and Adam seduced me into joining his ticket to save the game we've spent so long playing, and I could not say no, not to someone who's only wanted the best for the game and to see it prosper. From the days when we stood alone calling for reforms that no one wanted to those wood nights in the White House with Marokai and the lovely gay parties, Adam has always proven he can get a task done, no matter how large.

That is why I'm her to ask for everyone to consider Adam and Duke, two boys, one idea, SAVE ATLASIA as only we can.

Together we can will ourselves to victory. Let's not let the game die. Send in the heavy hitters.

Thanks you all and happy voting!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »

On the Virtues of voting correctly
Atlasia is in bad shape and Adam seduced me into joining his ticket to save the game we've spent so long playing, and I could not say no, not to someone who's only wanted the best for the game and to see it prosper. From the days when we stood alone calling for reforms that no one wanted to those wood nights in the White House with Marokai and the lovely gay parties, Adam has always proven he can get a task done, no matter how large.

You're so bad. Tongue And we like it!!! Grin
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »

The transition office is open.

Please leave me your questions, concerns, criticisms and money here.

I will be forever grateful! Purple heart
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #591 on: October 26, 2015, 11:42:10 PM »

I suddenly wish we stilled had the oversight committee. Tongue

"Now where did this $5,000,000 in unmarked bills that was slipped under the door of the men's room, come from again?"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2016, 03:18:53 PM »

A few short years ago, a group of Atlasians dared to dream. We dared to dream of a radically changed Atlasia, one that served not only the privileged few, but the down trotted, blue collared workers that slaved away at the hands of the angry elite.

Our numbers began small. You could hear the Whispers of The People in the wind, but you never opened your eyes, because if you did, you'd see the truth, and people are afraid of truth. Then, during the Era of Good Feeling, people started opening their eyes for the first time and seeing the truth shake it's big, thick cock in their face. But it wasn't enough. As good as that cock looked, it was still taboo for many people, so much so that they nearly primaried one of The People's Champions in favor of an empty suit.

But as the game began to die, people began pulling their heads out of the sand and begged for the truth. And today, The Truth is upon us.

I urge everyone, young and old, black and white, brown and green, fat and skinny, woman and men, Federalist, Laborite, whatever else, vote in FAVOR of THE TRUTH, the new constutiton. Don't reject saving this game. If you do and it dies, the blood is on your hands.

Think about it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies