Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 01, 2015, 07:15:16 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Petition for leniency on Hamilton/"Napoleon"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Petition for leniency on Hamilton/"Napoleon"  (Read 1725 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
Ignore

Let's summarize the arguments for a ban:

1) "Wahhh, he was a troll over 5 years ago"
2) "Wahhh, he fooled us for years and got away with it"
3) "Wahhh, Napoleon beat me in Atlasia"

You guys are so lame.

Were it just the Atlasia stuff, one could easily say yea, grant him leniency. But it is hard to make a convincing case to a forum administration that has pursued a zero tollerance policy when it comes to sock making to then be lenient to one of the most problematic sock makers.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 11:01:11 pm »
Ignore

I mean, at this point the whole sock policy just seems like a make-work project so that the moderators/administrators have something to do. It's pretty bizarre how up in arms the Regime gets about socking. Lifetime bans and all that just for making a second account.

Obama/Biden 2016
Polls_PuffPass
ssuperflash

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 01:08:01 am »
Ignore

I mean, at this point the whole sock policy just seems like a make-work project so that the moderators/administrators have something to do. It's pretty bizarre how up in arms the Regime gets about socking. Lifetime bans and all that just for making a second account.
I think the main problem with people having another account that I've seen on all the different forums I've been on is that if you let people get away with doing it, the moderators quickly lose whatever control they had in administering punishments for violating rules- people can just jump to another account that has no penalty on it, and continue to troll.

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 01:15:56 am »
Ignore

That's never actually happened though.  We've doled out temporary bans to people who made second accounts a bunch of times, but only permabanned second accounts of people who were already permabanned in the first place.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:10 am »
Ignore

That's never actually happened though.  We've doled out temporary bans to people who made second accounts a bunch of times, but only permabanned second accounts of people who were already permabanned in the first place.
Not true - Simfan and R2D2 were initially permabanned for making sock accounts despite being unbanned at the time.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 11:01:22 am »
Ignore

The fact that this so closely mirrors the Tyrion situation, as well as others who were allowed back, is the issue to me. It is based upon being butt-hurt and personal ill will, or lack thereof. Like, "No he was a psychopath lolololol!!!" meanwhile how completely creepy is it that people actually spend time trying to prove this poster is really that poster and so on. Bizarre. Get a life.

But I think we've been told in a couple places that the ax to grind with Napoloeon aka whoever is entirely too big for him to be allowed back. Nonetheless, I am in agreement in the O.P.

PM:
Economic: -5.03
Social: -8.35

Nhoj
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 01:07:20 pm »
Ignore

It would make more sense to unban the Hamilton account than it would the fake Napoleon one.[Not that im advocating that.]

آزادی برای ایران

Iblis
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 06:02:06 pm »
Ignore

Yep. Neither Mecha not Ogis were permabanned.

Am i happy? What do you take me for, an idiot? - Charles de Gaulle
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:44:47 pm »
Ignore

As was pointed out, nothing prevents him from making socks anyway.

You could also, you know, not make friends with weird creeps on the internet. That's probably good advice in general.

As I outlined fairly clearly, Napoleon and I were anything but friends on the forum. I personally don't like making many "friends" on the forum because it is both weird and potentially dangerous to boot. If your criticism is to others, then I can't pretend to understand their reasoning.

I agree with that policy. Anyway, I was responding to this:
So you all want him coming back as someone else, messaging you and making friends with you without knowing who you're talking to at the time? Kinky. No thanks for me - I'd rather know exactly who I'm talking to on here.

Like, if one stays away from befriending psychos on the internet this is no longer a problem.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout