Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 01:28:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning  (Read 27162 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 12:38:46 am »
Ignore

This whole thing seems to have turned into a witch hunt.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Alexander Hamilton
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 12:56:25 am »
Ignore

that is all it ever was. I'm gonna fight it.

people suck
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 01:48:30 am »
Ignore

Creating a troll list is trolling.
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2010, 02:48:54 am »
Ignore

There is no "witch hunt" when some posters actively seek to erode the quality of posting here. Long threads with pages of responses used to be a result of genuine political discussions. Regardless of how inane I thought some of those moments were, I pine for their return. Nowadays, long threads are almost exclusively flame wars or troll marathons and it really is a shame.

Marokai/Purple Main Campaign Thread

Thank you to all our supporters!

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2010, 11:21:35 am »
Ignore

This system probably isn't perfect, but I'm glad something is being done.

A Republican - at least for a little while
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 06:11:14 pm »
Ignore

This whole situation is giving me nightmares about going to jail.

I dont need that. goodbye.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

P

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »
Ignore

Oh good lord. I've been trying to stay out of this so people can't try to accuse me of being the cause of trouble from Hamilton and co. but you're just being ridiculous.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »
Ignore

There used to be a post by me here, until the mods decided to delete it because they can't tolerate criticism.

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »
Ignore

You're going to be their martyr? I guess whatever helps you sleep at night...
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 10:06:24 am »
Ignore

There used to be a post by me here, until the mods decided to delete it because they can't tolerate criticism.

I'm not really replying to this since you people seem beyond help, but for non-trolls it may be of interest to know that Dave moderates this board, not us moderators.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:00 am »
Ignore

I'm not really replying to this since you people seem beyond help, but for non-trolls it may be of interest to know that Dave moderates this board, not us moderators.

He is much more tolerant than I could ever be, that's for sure.

updaters remind me of scumbags.

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »
Ignore

I'm not beyond help. I'm trying to contribute, but I've been blacklisted for one unfortunate incident.

Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »
Ignore

I'm not beyond help. I'm trying to contribute, but I've been blacklisted for one unfortunate incident.

You have at least ten unfortunate incidents on record, including incidents after you were warned by PM about previous incidents.  I know, because I remember being the one who talked to you by PM.

n/c
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2010, 04:01:25 pm »
Ignore

You have at least ten unfortunate incidents on record, including incidents after you were warned by PM about previous incidents.  I know, because I remember being the one who talked to you by PM.

They were a while ago. Since then, I tried to refine my posting and avoid personal attacks, but I finally lost my temper with Marokai after he wrote extremely condescending and insulting posts against Mint and Einzige. I shouldn't have taken the tone I did, and I shan't take it again.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

P

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »
Ignore

With all due respect, "condescension" is subjective. I made probably one snipe at someone, but the harshest I got in that thread was calling Libertas' philosophy on lawmaking "immature and shortsighted." Hardly deserving of a life sentence in my opinion.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »
Ignore

With all due respect, "condescension" is subjective. I made probably one snipe at someone, but the harshest I got in that thread was calling Libertas' philosophy on lawmaking "immature and shortsighted." Hardly deserving of a life sentence in my opinion.

You know you've posted worse than that before. I'm not going to start another fight here though, so kindly refrain from this line of discussion.

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 06:03:52 am »
Ignore

Are you... alright?

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »
Ignore

Are you... alright?

You really needed to ask that question, Joe?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
Ignore

That's very vague and sound like it could be applied wherever one chooses and disregarded wherever one chooses. Got a cafeteria system going here where you pick and choose what stays and leaves. What's for dessert?

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:46 pm »

Note that the system is undergoing a custom upgrade that will make several upgrades and changes to the mod system.

- All posts reported and moderated are now given a rating from 1 to 10 based on the "badness" of the post.  These ratings accumulate (sum) into a category called "Infraction Points".

- You can now see on your profile page the number of reported posts, the number of moderated posts, and total infraction points (visible only by account owner).

- You can now see a list of moderated posts with moderator action, post rating, and reason shown below the moderated post.  Just click on the number of moderated posts on your profile page.

- An automated system is being developed to set accounts into states of "Warning", "Mod Review", and "Banned" when the number of infraction points exceed certain thresholds (to be determined).

- Infraction points will expire three months after mod action was taken.  Posts moderated prior to Monday of this week have not been awarded any infraction points.

- Warning messages (PM) will be sent when you near the thresholds.  Posts will no longer be included in these PMs, rather you can view your posts that received moderator action from a link on your profile page (link will be included in PM).

Note that this is essentially adding another dimension to the existing system, providing more information for the user, and some additional automation to help the moderators.  The system still maintains flexibility in the ability to appeal mod actions.  As always, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:40:45 am by Dave Leip »Logged
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 11:12:17 pm »
Ignore

Also, as of now, here is the partial guideline we've come up with for post moderation:

1 - Profanity, Empty Quote that is considered spam
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Nudity, extreme spamming (ogis-type spamming), Vile personal attacks, death threats
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:06:05 pm by Senator & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »Logged
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:05 am »

The link is now available to see posts that have been moderated.  Click on the number next to "Moderated Posts" to go to the Mod Post page.  Only the account owner can see an individuals moderated posts.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »
Ignore

I've said this in the other thread, but Inks is still saying this is a list that multiple people came up with when it really isn't Smiley

Dave moved it, stickied it, and added to it, so I just assumed that it had his blessing.  And for what it's worthy, I've been doing all profanity as 1.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:18 am »
Ignore

FYI:

Currently at 50 and 75 "points" you get automatic mod review, and at 100, you get "muted" which is exactly what it sounds like -- you lose posting abilities until Dave can review the situation.

Of course, there's still a 3 month expiration date on your infractions.

this is real
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 01:17:52 pm »
Ignore

10 - Nudity, extreme spamming (ogis-type spamming), Vile personal attacks, death threats
I hope you're not referring to realistic death threats here... because this lists reads like an inverted case of murder, arson & jaywalking.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout