Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:55:51 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning  (Read 25939 times)
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 06:01:53 pm »
Ignore

I fear this new system will be an abused disaster, honestly. You could find a sympathetic moderator to edit anything, if you're friendly with them enough and you report enough posts until something sticks.

I don't think there are any moderators sympathetic to Hamilton & Co.  I guess it could be abused in the future, but for the most part, I think our mods are very fair.

So the fact that the mods are heavily biased against "Hamilton & Co." makes them "very fair"?

"Not being sympathetic to" does not equal "heavily biased against".

But they most clearly are the latter.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 06:05:38 pm »
Ignore

I wonder why.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
Ignore

I fear this new system will be an abused disaster, honestly. You could find a sympathetic moderator to edit anything, if you're friendly with them enough and you report enough posts until something sticks.

I don't think there are any moderators sympathetic to Hamilton & Co.  I guess it could be abused in the future, but for the most part, I think our mods are very fair.

So the fact that the mods are heavily biased against "Hamilton & Co." makes them "very fair"?

"Not being sympathetic to" does not equal "heavily biased against".

But they most clearly are the latter.

No.  Hamilton and Co. like to troll.  The mods fight trolling.  Thus, it might seem like the mods are biased against Hamilton and Co., but you guys are just causing trouble half the time.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 08:20:16 pm »
Ignore

This is the Atlas' answer to the PATRIOT Act.
Alexander Hamilton
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »
Ignore

people suck
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 08:24:36 pm »
Ignore

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 08:37:48 pm »
Ignore

This is going to be a train wreck, as this thread exemplifies.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 08:40:17 pm »
Ignore

This is going to be a train wreck, as this thread exemplifies.

Hopefully it will lead to the banning of the trolls that have posted here.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »
Ignore

god!!! you guys are really annoying!!!!

we should get jedi to watch this board.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 09:24:27 pm »
Ignore

I wish we could get a PM whenever one of our posts is reported, even if it doesn't say who reported it.

I agree, and it would be nice to know if the mods give you a demerit per the reporting that goes against your count. I wonder if any of my posts have been reported.

The mods do need more tools to do their work. Heretofore they have been relatively powerless, since Dave was too busy to deal with much of it. I think he came up with an automated system, so he does not have to micromanage individual cases that much. He is trying to protect his time, which I respect. He does not need a Forum to make this site work, and generate some income. He does it as a service to us, and we should respect that and thank him. He gets no reward for doing it, other than our thanks. Thanks Dave!  Smiley

By the way, I trust our mods not to abuse their power, and if they make a mistake, there are plenty of folks around here to bring it to their attention. I think by and large they do a fine job. OK, I know some of you may think I am just kissing ass here, but I actually believe what I posted.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:34:18 pm by Torie »Logged

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »
Ignore

I wish we could get a PM whenever one of our posts is reported, even if it doesn't say who reported it.

I agree, and it would be nice to know if the mods give you a demerit per the reporting that goes against your count. I wonder if any of my posts have been reported.

Likewise.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 10:15:44 pm »
Ignore

I don't do emtpy quoting! WTF!

7 out of your last 30 posts were empty quotes (not including the one where you posted in the Comedy Goldmine).

He knows that. You're just playing into his hands now, Inksy. Let him be.

Anyway, I agree with Torie that it would be nice to see if one of our posts was reported, because this new system, while a step, will be abused by our motley crew of posters in order to get those who they deem "enemies" banned. I trust and hope the moderators will be fair and unbiased in this experiment.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 10:42:34 pm »
Ignore

Inks is correct. Empty quoting itself isn't worthy of demerit under this system unless its blatant spam (like Stark used to do) but there's plenty of other things Hamilton has done...I don't see him lasting long with this system.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 12:40:44 am »
Ignore

The mods do need more tools to do their work. Heretofore they have been relatively powerless, since Dave was too busy to deal with much of it. I think he came up with an automated system, so he does not have to micromanage individual cases that much. He is trying to protect his time, which I respect. He does not need a Forum to make this site work, and generate some income. He does it as a service to us, and we should respect that and thank him. He gets no reward for doing it, other than our thanks. Thanks Dave!  Smiley

By the way, I trust our mods not to abuse their power, and if they make a mistake, there are plenty of folks around here to bring it to their attention. I think by and large they do a fine job. OK, I know some of you may think I am just kissing ass here, but I actually believe what I posted.

Compromise: I'll just pm you every time I report your posts from now on Torie

this is real
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 01:30:09 am »
Ignore

Lunar, you know I always love hearing from you, irrespective of anything else. Go for it! Tongue

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:11 am »
Ignore

FWIW, you don't need to worry about me playing favorites, folks, in my moderation.

I hate pretty much everyone.

Assuming arguendo that your final paragraph were in fact true, that of course would render you totally toothless as a mod mench, because then with all or nearly all denizens of the damned, you would be faced with the Hobson's choice of either all or nearly all  continuing on their merry mal-everything way, or being banned, and if the latter option were chosen, well then the mods would be rendered redundant, and black holes would take over the universe, and all would be at an end.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:12 am »
Ignore

I think Torie wants to be a mod... Tongue

IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 05:06:28 am »
Ignore

I used to lurk on Gamefaqs all the time & I remember that there you can get modded for trolling if you say that you reported a specific post. If that were the case here, then the results of a post reporting chain would be most undesirable for its participants.

cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 10:35:00 am »
Ignore

Alcon has done his troll list thing on his boards. So something is being done. Smiley

and it is kind of fun seeing who is in timeout. Tongue and it is not me.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 11:09:37 am »
Ignore

I used to lurk on Gamefaqs all the time & I remember that there you can get modded for trolling if you say that you reported a specific post.
Perhaps not a bad idea. It's bullying.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 11:33:06 am »
Ignore

Alcon has done his troll list thing on his boards. So something is being done. Smiley

You'll be there soon.

I just had an early dinner.  I went to Burger King, but only got a Double Whopper with Cheese with no fries and a coke.  I wanted Diet Dr. Pepper, but it was empty.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 11:37:49 am »
Ignore

Yes, this forum is going downhill fast.
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »
Ignore

You'll be there soon.
Sad

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 08:21:26 pm »
Ignore

For the record, I reported posts using the word "retarded" in an unacceptable manner, as I always have, and one where ncy attacked someone viciously. MJ is a notorious liar and someone unworthy of being a mod, though, so I'm not surprised he would say something like that.

Attacked someone viciously? Who and where?

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Alexander Hamilton
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »
Ignore

For the record, I reported posts using the word "retarded" in an unacceptable manner, as I always have, and one where ncy attacked someone viciously. MJ is a notorious liar and someone unworthy of being a mod, though, so I'm not surprised he would say something like that.

Attacked someone viciously? Who and where?

Libertas somewhere

people suck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout