Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 06:55:28 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning  (Read 26590 times)
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »
Ignore

This means I shall now have to confine myself to the 'What you had for dinner' thread.  I'm unsure about the 'what did you listen too' thread, but I may stick a toe in the water.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »
Ignore

This whole situation is giving me nightmares about going to jail.

I dont need that. goodbye.

Are you... alright?

He's still having nightmares about being arrested by the Nazis, Joe.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2011, 11:10:11 pm »
Ignore

This whole situation is giving me nightmares about going to jail.

I dont need that. goodbye.

Are you... alright?

He's still having nightmares about being arrested by the Nazis, Joe.
I've not had any nightmares whatsoever ever since my prescription dosage adjustment in the middle of last year.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2011, 09:07:34 am »
Ignore

This means I shall now have to confine myself to the 'What you had for dinner' thread.  I'm unsure about the 'what did you listen too' thread, but I may stick a toe in the water.

Since you don't use foul language I fail to see why your posts are being deleted and infracted.  I didn't know insensitive remarks were worthy of infraction.......very sad.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:29 am »
Ignore

Since you don't use foul language I fail to see why your posts are being deleted and infracted.  I didn't know insensitive remarks were worthy of infraction.......very sad.

It's not about being insensitive, it's about trolling.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:14 am »
Ignore

Perhaps, but that whole thread is disgusting.......a treasure trove of trolling, if you will.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:31 am »
Ignore

Perhaps, but that whole thread is disgusting.......a treasure trove of trolling, if you will.

Sure. But Lunar is only one man...Opebo basically said that it was the Republicans who did it. That's not on the level of insensitivity, it's just stupid trolling.

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »
Ignore

Saying" the people who committed this assassination are the same people who just took over congress" is both trolling and a discussion-damaging excessive hyperbole that Dave opposes.  End of story.

this is real
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2011, 11:16:16 am »
Ignore

Something has changed or is it just my imagination? I got 6 infraction points during the last four days for posts that were some of the most innocuous I've ever posted.
Is bad humor considered now a punishable offense by the mods? 

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:28 pm »
Ignore

Couple points:

-You've also been reported 8 times in the last few days by a variety of posters and received 5 points, so you may not be acting as innocuous as you claim. 

-7 of the reports were on my boards, but the majority of them I did not assign infraction points for.  Of the 3 points I assigned, two were for insinuating another poster was a serial murderer and the other was for insinuating that another poster was a pedophile.  Considering that I don't moderate the Forum Community boards, that bad humor constitutes either a personal attack or trolling in my book ... especially given the context of the Giffords thread.

I know we might not agree, but really, you got to be less personal and less nasty to other forum members if you want to be completely infraction-points free (for whatever that's worth).

this is real
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »
Ignore

Couple points:

-You've also been reported 8 times in the last few days by a variety of posters and received 5 points, so you may not be acting as innocuous as you claim. 

-7 of the reports were on my boards, but the majority of them I did not assign infraction points for.  Of the 3 points I assigned, two were for insinuating another poster was a serial murderer and the other was for insinuating that another poster was a pedophile.  Considering that I don't moderate the Forum Community boards, that bad humor constitutes either a personal attack or trolling in my book ... especially given the context of the Giffords thread.

I know we might not agree, but really, you got to be less personal and less nasty to other forum members if you want to be completely infraction-points free (for whatever that's worth).

What have you done with the real Lunar?

Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2011, 02:17:20 pm »
Ignore

Couple points:

-7 of the reports were on my boards, but the majority of them I did not assign infraction points for.  Of the 3 points I assigned, two were for insinuating another poster was a serial murderer and the other was for insinuating that another poster was a pedophile.  Considering that I don't moderate the Forum Community boards, that bad humor constitutes either a personal attack or trolling in my book ... especially given the context of the Giffords thread.

Other posters started the joke about CARLHAYDEN's absence.
And I thought that Stark's "exotic" tastes were a matter of fact.

BTW, what happens if you reach 10 points?

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:28 pm »
Ignore

10, nothing happens.  I think you get a warning somewhere around 40-50.  Muting happens at 100.  Mod review somewhere in between.

(And I've reported other people making those Carl references too.)

this is real
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 02:33:44 pm »
Ignore

Also, regardless of how you feel about Stark's "exotic tastes" -- tell me again why that belongs in a thread on my board about six people dying and an attempted assassination?

this is real
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »
Ignore

Also, regardless of how you feel about Stark's "exotic tastes" -- tell me again why that belongs in a thread on my board about six people dying and an attempted assassination?

Wasn't it something about opebo arguing that Thailand despite its limited freedom of speech has many other positives that make up for that?

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57:57 pm »
Ignore

No, I do not think the thread entitled "Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona" was the proper place to put that sort of insinuation of pedophilia against someone else, even if you were building off of someone else's post.

this is real
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2011, 10:40:28 pm »
Ignore

You get a warning at 25 and mod review at 50.

Don't worry dude, it's no big deal. I've been well over 30 points before with nothing happening. They fall off after thirty days. You'll be fine. It is so insanely easy to game this system (and I'm quite experienced at it due to my job having a similar system for attendance)

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 10:47:33 pm »
Ignore

Really, the warning is at 25?  For some reason I thought it was higher.

Anyway, the above post is correct.  A few points is nothing to be concerned about.  You want to think more about your rate of accumulation. 

It is theoretically possible, I guess it should be noted, to respond constructively to it, even if it's technically possible to game the system.

this is real
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2011, 12:46:42 am »
Ignore

Yes, I've been warned twice for hitting 25.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:02 am »
Ignore

Don't worry dude, it's no big deal. I've been well over 30 points before with nothing happening. They fall off after thirty days. You'll be fine. It is so insanely easy to game this system (and I'm quite experienced at it due to my job having a similar system for attendance)

Yeah I still got infraction points from September.....
So yeah......

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2011, 04:04:30 am »
Ignore

Yeah I still got infraction points from September.....
So yeah......

This has been addressed a number of times.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2011, 07:48:46 am »
Ignore

Guys, you can really abolish infraction system. Libertas is banned.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »
Ignore

Guys, you can really abolish infraction system. Libertas is banned.

I didn't realize there were multiple Dave Leips running the site...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:21 pm »
Ignore

Also, as of now, here is the partial guideline we've come up with for post moderation:

1 - Profanity, Empty Quote that is considered spam
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Nudity, extreme spamming (ogis-type spamming), Vile personal attacks, death threats, references to moving to Siberia

updated

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
rbt48
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:24 pm »
Ignore

I wish those members who post would have some text or label in any signature block images that they use.  Sometimes I recognize the image, but other times (most times) I'm left wondering.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout