Kerry and the Oct2002 Iraq vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry and the Oct2002 Iraq vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry and the Oct2002 Iraq vote  (Read 1658 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:48:36 PM »

Jewish World Review March 4, 2004

It's an odd campaign gimmick, but Sen. John F. Kerry, D-Mass., often tells voters that he was "misled" and that's why he voted for an October 2002 resolution authorizing military force against Iraq.

Kerry says he believed the resolution tied President Bush to promises to build an international coalition, to work with the United Nations and to only go to war as a last resort. A disappointed Kerry now says Bush failed in all three venues.

When Kerry met with the editorial board of the San Francisco Chronicle on Friday, I had the chance to ask the senator how he could have expected Bush to behave differently in light of what Bush had said.

Kerry's answer was that Washington insiders believed that Bush didn't mean what he said.

What about what Bush said to the United Nations? That was "rhetorical," Kerry answered. And "a whole bunch of very smart legitimate people" not running for president thought as he did.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0304/saunders.html

---

Once again, no political backbone.
NHPolitico

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 07:13:44 AM »

Jewish World Review March 4, 2004

It's an odd campaign gimmick, but Sen. John F. Kerry, D-Mass., often tells voters that he was "misled" and that's why he voted for an October 2002 resolution authorizing military force against Iraq.

Kerry says he believed the resolution tied President Bush to promises to build an international coalition, to work with the United Nations and to only go to war as a last resort. A disappointed Kerry now says Bush failed in all three venues.

When Kerry met with the editorial board of the San Francisco Chronicle on Friday, I had the chance to ask the senator how he could have expected Bush to behave differently in light of what Bush had said.

Kerry's answer was that Washington insiders believed that Bush didn't mean what he said.

What about what Bush said to the United Nations? That was "rhetorical," Kerry answered. And "a whole bunch of very smart legitimate people" not running for president thought as he did.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0304/saunders.html

---

Once again, no political backbone.

So, Kerry didn't bother reading the text of the resolution?  That's responsible.  Rove should have fun with that admission.
California Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 08:06:43 AM »

will you stop turning this board into the RNC chatroom with your RNC/Drudge delivered talking points
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 09:06:14 AM »

will you stop turning this board into the RNC chatroom with your RNC/Drudge delivered talking points

Ditto
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 01:34:12 PM »

1st)  Is that a question or a statement?

2nd) Which facts in my post are you questioning?  Or are you not questioning the facts as presented in the post but simply trying to shoot the messenger?
California Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 01:52:58 PM »

all this stuff is out of context

more importantly this board is a fun board for political junkies to talk about polls, trends, elections, etc.

your constant barrage of talking points from Drudge and the RNC suck the fun out of it...I would say the same to someone spewing constant DNC talking points
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

more importantly this board is a fun board for political junkies to talk about polls, trends, elections, etc.

What about ISSUES?  Isn't Kerry's explanation of his voting record a real issue?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 03:18:15 PM »

all this stuff is out of context

your constant barrage of talking points from Drudge and the RNC suck the fun out of it...I would say the same to someone spewing constant DNC talking points

No, it's therapy.  In fact we talked about the insensitivity, intolerance, and general ignorance of modern Democrats at anger management last night.

Here's a fairly objective case, in context, against JFK:
http://www.andrewsullivan.com/main_article.php?artnum=20040306
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies