Amendment to Article 2 of the OSPR (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to Article 2 of the OSPR (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to Article 2 of the OSPR (Passed)  (Read 4971 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

I also pick up on Fritz' recognition of the language of the Constitution. "shall act as President of the Senate in the absence of the Vice President." is rather unambiguous. Like it or not, it's the current Constitution!

As to the actual legislation, why couldn't the Dean take over the role given to the PPT by this legislation?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »

I also pick up on Fritz' recognition of the language of the Constitution. "shall act as President of the Senate in the absence of the Vice President." is rather unambiguous. Like it or not, it's the current Constitution!

As to the actual legislation, why couldn't the Dean take over the role given to the PPT by this legislation?

I think we should maintain the separate elected position. If the Dean wants to run for it, he can and if ge doesn't want it, he wouldn't have to do it. Think of Afleitch is situaiton. Suppose the Veep goes innactive and Afleitch doesn't have time to do the job because of his wedding, or take Fritz, lets say he is the Dean and he declined to run because of lack of time and the Veep goes innactive, what happens. The duties of runing the Senate or even the step in should be the most active Senator, not the most senior.

Fair point. I'm still a little shaky on having a PPT who is relatively sidelined, though...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies