Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Would you ever vote for a strip club owner for higher office?  (Read 3990 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 08, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »

Owners of strip clubs make used car salesmen and lawyers look good.  Still, I'd be willing to get past it and vote for him/her, but he/she'd have to be really good to over come this one.  All else being equal I'd rather vote for a pot dealing cop.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 01:48:01 AM »

Obviously
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:20 AM »

You can personally not care for strip clubs and still not demonize the people who own/work at them.
I've got nothing against any individual worker/owner of a strip club.  As a group though, they each tend to have some very basic traits that are pretty common.  And I empathize with the workers, I certainly don't mean to demonize them.  Having "daddy issues", drug problems, a funked up view of sex and a severely short career window isn't something I'd wish on any normal person.  (and no, I'm not saying 100% of them are like this, obviously not.  But like I said in the other thread, "stereotyping is fun!".)

The owners on the other hand....

And I don't want to shut them down and would vote against laws keeping them away from certain places.  Full nude, serving beer and hard drink, sex acts, I don't care.  I'm also very much for legalized prostitution.  It's not a double standard to want something legal but still disagree with it.  I don't want to make everything I don't like illegal...that's what Democrats and Republicans do.  I'm better than that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:32:34 AM »

Well you might not notice the "daddy issues" as I would assume it's something only future boyfriend/husbands will have issue with.  And again, like everybody else, they are not all created equal.Like most jobs outside the mainstream, it attracts a certain kind of person.  Soft guys don't tend to be pro athletes.  Shy people don't tend to become actors.  Men with a lot of respect for women don't tend to own strip clubs.  Intelligent go-getters don't tend to be night managers at Pizza Hut.  People with an inherent distrust for the govt don't tend to join the military.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 02:51:19 AM »

Cool, I'm sure she treats her girls much better than average.  Good for her employees and good for her.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »

Yes - this is far less controversial than the prostitute. Prostitution can potentially spread STDs, while there is no direct health risk from a strip club.
Unless you eat at the buffet.  Or go to the "champagne room".  Or have an open wound.  Or breath in too deeply.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 03:01:15 AM »

Yes I do...yes I do.  Some great lines in there.

If a woman tells you she's 20 and looks 16.. she's 12

If she tells you she's 26, and LOOKS 26.. she's damn near 40

Young black men -- if you go to a movie theater
and someone steps on your foot, let it SLIIIDE
Why spend the next twenty years in jail
cause someone smudged your Puma?

No one goes to Hooters for wings

If you've been dating a man for four months
and you haven't met any of his friends, you are NOT his girlfriend!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies