Given the touchy mood on planes since 9/11........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Given the touchy mood on planes since 9/11........
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Given the touchy mood on planes since 9/11........  (Read 872 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »

would you argue with an ignorant flight attendant?

I have seriously wanted to on a couple of occassions, but I don't want my trips interrupted because I need to be interrogated by the TSA or FBI if I did.

I mean seriously.....look cross-eyed at one and it's spotlight-in-your-eyes city with the feds when you land.

Do you frequent flyers find it frustrating?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »

would you argue with an ignorant flight attendant?

I have seriously wanted to on a couple of occassions, but I don't want my trips interrupted because I need to be interrogated by the TSA or FBI if I did.

I mean seriously.....look cross-eyed at one and it's spotlight-in-your-eyes city with the feds when you land.

Do you frequent flyers find it frustrating?

I've felt this way before, but I exist in such a profound state of terror of authority anyway, that nothing specific about the plane situation makes it that abnormal for me.

I would never argue with anyone who was in a position of authority, though I do sometimes annoy them by constantly asking for extra snacks and beverages (yes I mostly fly internationally - I suppose there is no reason to even speak to the waitresses on domestic flights).
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »

I've never really had any reason to argue with a flight attendant, and I don't really foresee one worth arguing over. So I'll say no, but not out of any worry of being interrogated.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »

No. They were always nice to me. But I got irked with the security before you get on the plane. I was always mad about that. and each time I would say, "You know I find that offensive that you practically treat my family like they are terroists". They always just said "sorry young lady but you are only 10. we don't need to listen to you".
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »

Argue about what exactly?  That is pretty important.  You will find they dont have a very good sense of humor.  Most work way too many shifts these days.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 04:23:47 PM »

Argue about what exactly?  That is pretty important.  You will find they dont have a very good sense of humor.  Most work way too many shifts these days.

Gramps considers them feisty when they won't give him their phone number or his ninth cocktail.

::: runs :::
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 01:33:17 AM »

And deal with WAY too many asshats and often idiotic regulations.

I don't remember the last time I got in an argument with a stranger in public.  Totally not my style.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »

Hell yeah. You better get me my snacks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies