Three non-issues (big ones in our country) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Three non-issues (big ones in our country) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Three non-issues (big ones in our country)  (Read 3168 times)
Mikem
Rookie

« on: October 22, 2004, 02:00:52 PM »

Although in this election I agree that gun control is not a factor, it is an important issue for me in general.  As part of my job I regularly deal with seethy individuals, and they often get angry at me.  Many of these people do have guns or other deadly weapons, and I have been threatened on several occasions.  I think the best solution would be for me to carry a firearm to deter aggression.  Unfortunately, being in the rights denied state of Illinois, I cannot carry a weapon.  This puts me at a major disadvantage when I have to go into a bad area and be the bearer of bad news, as any potential aggressor knows that I could not have a gun since it is illegal.  They, however, do not abide by the rules.  I wish we could have a CCW permit in Illinois like in Indiana, although I do think that the requirements should be very strict. 

I really don't care what they think are important issues in Europe, their society is totally different from ours.  I don't think we need to look to them for validation or direction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies