Three non-issues (big ones in our country) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Three non-issues (big ones in our country) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Three non-issues (big ones in our country)  (Read 3163 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 22, 2004, 02:08:18 PM »

At least in the last 8 years (probably much longer) I did not see any reference to the issues of “Gun Control”, “Abortion” and “Gays” in any of the European elections. (Someone told me that abortion is an issue in Ireland).
No one care about gays’ lifestyle.
As to abortion, in some countries it is even provided by the national health care system. The usage of “anti-pregnancy” pills sharply reduced the need for abortion. What’s really efficient is the “Morning-After” French pill. At any event abortion has nothing to do with politics and with election.
The guns status is  very simple. Assault weapons are out of question. Guns are licensed in some countries and forbidden in other. As to politics and election: a non-issue.

abortion is a non-issue in ireland, and a non-issue in China.  In one extreme you can't get one, in the other, you're under *great* pressure to get one if you already have a child. 

Would you really want either of those authoritarian extremes?

Reality check.

Guns are an issue because some are very willing to surrendur that freedom.  Do you really want Russia 1918, or Germany 1938?  My two favorite examples of Gun Control.  No?  Didn't think so.

Gays:  a weird one, very unlike the other two.  You can "get an abortion."  That is, if you're one of the 19% of the population capable of even getting pregnant (it's really a small demographic that most of us are crowded out of due to gender, age, infertility, etc.).  And you can "get a gun" if you're one of the 78% of the population who can.  (a much larger crowded, as you need only be over 18 and not a felon).  But you can't "get gay" in the same way you can't "get black" or "get smart" so I can't quite figure out why you'd include that along with the other two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies