Does Vepres know very little about France?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does Vepres know very little about France?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Does Vepres know very little about France?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Does Vepres know very little about France?  (Read 2388 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2010, 11:20:25 PM by OFKA Governor Vepres »

Just interpret my words for me, assume I mean something very extreme and stupid. Roll Eyes

Sigh, I was not implying France was a bad place, I was mocking Lief for thinking America is so bad. Y'all are putting words in my mouth.

Oh, and I hope you guys detected the sarcasm in that post (as in, I was mocking Lief thinking Europe is so much better, I have no illusions about France).
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

Indeed, which is why it surprises me that he keeps talking about it.

France is the most right-wing real country in Western Europe.

lol

France has the less extreme far-right of Western Europe, the most leftist economy, it just has a secularism that imposes a few conditions in the public institutions, something I wouldn't share personally.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »

Le Pen isn't extreme? He has supporters who dress up in Blackshirt-esque uniforms and threaten to kill African immigrants and deface Jewish cemeteries.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2010, 12:33:39 PM by Bon écoute, non, [wagon] arrête, hiérarchise... »

Le Pen isn't extreme? He has supporters who dress up in Blackshirt-esque uniforms and threaten to kill African immigrants and deface Jewish cemeteries.

Wow, I'm not here to hide what's wrong in my country, you may remember a sig of mine about a guy named Eric Besson.

There are of course extreme guys here, and FN can use them in the background here or there, but they remain rather autonomous, especially the extreme forms you speak about.

FN is a political party and know that the extremist stuffs are not very welcomed here, so they don't lose themselves that much into that kinds of stuffs which anyways remain rather made with autonomous, FN targets more the conservative vote, at least that was Le Pen father time. And the forms you speak about remain rare, and if you enjoy to follow guys like that, I'll give you a name 'Bloc identitaire', that are that kind of guys, and they are irrelevant.

Outside of this, which has I said remains pretty limited, I was merely speaking about the political discourses and claims, which compared to other far-right parties in Europe remain pretty soft, it might have been in the extreme ones during the 80s in which slogans could have been 'Les étrangers dehors!' ('Foreigners out!') but I don't think we're in the 80s anymore. After this topping period in term of extremism (which resulted in the emergence of big anti-racism movements in the country, the biggest being 'SOS Racisme'), he remained rather 'decent' and played just with the nationalist rhetoric more than racism and without claiming for something clear. You can take him on sentences about Holocaust too, but that was more personal provocations from him, not something that expressed an actual stream of thought I think. FN used to have the very conservative part of France, but also, as a significant part, just those who wanted to say 'f**k' to politics, because they Le Pen provoked everyone and said 'f**k' to a lot of things, they had their man.

But one more time, all of this is Le Pen father's time anyways. Now we have to deal with the daughter, and she, she clearly gives up the racism it could remained in FN, she clearly cuts with the provocations about Holocaust, she focuses on 'the nation vs. the world' with all the populist accents it can have. And she highlights all the part of the French model that can contain a kind of intolerance, in short the French Republican model that imposes restrictions in its secularism. All of this with a speech on cultural conservatism. But compared to what the far-right parties of UK, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, and the winners, Italy, all what she can says remain pretty soft.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »

Germany? Switzerland? Ireland?

France is more right-wing than Germany. Switzerland I'm arbitrarily discounting. You're right about Ireland.

*sigh*

Don't forget Austria.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »

The cartoon on his sig is alright, because I'm a big fan of the cartoonist, Marshall Ramsey.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »

Oh, I know French people are not hippies, at least not the older French, which reminds me of a story. My family is very close with this couple, he was a professor of French literature from Normandy, and she was in marketing from Lebanon, and he was one of the most racist, sexist people I've ever met. Actually, he seemed to hate most people who were not French, and routinely called loud Americans "savages."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »

France is more right-wing than Germany. Switzerland I'm arbitrarily discounting. You're right about Ireland.

*sigh*

Don't forget Austria.

Austria isn't really Western Europe - though from some perspectives nowhere really is. Not that it's possible to work out which country is the most right-wing anyway, well not in a way that anyone else will agree on, as that sort of thing differs from place to place.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

I wish the title of this post were different......
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 06:45:47 PM »

lol

France has the less extreme far-right of Western Europe, the most leftist economy, it just has a secularism that imposes a few conditions in the public institutions, something I wouldn't share personally.

Look at the French attitude towards labor.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »

*sigh*

Don't forget Austria.

Austria isn't really Western Europe - though from some perspectives nowhere really is. Not that it's possible to work out which country is the most right-wing anyway, well not in a way that anyone else will agree on, as that sort of thing differs from place to place.

Well I guess you can argue that but I was using "Western Europe" in the "Not the Eastern bloc" sense which is what most people seem to do to, even if we no longer have an Eastern bloc.

Of course you are right on the definiton of "right-wing"
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 09:38:25 AM »

Well I guess you can argue that but I was using "Western Europe" in the "Not the Eastern bloc" sense which is what most people seem to do to, even if we no longer have an Eastern bloc.

Which is pretty funny as it means West Turkey Greece is in Western Europe. lol.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 09:40:31 AM »

Which is pretty funny as it means West Turkey Greece is in Western Europe. lol.

On every Eastern European site I have ever been on it has been insisted that Greece is not 'Eastern Europe'. And given that we must divide (because, you know, it's the law) Europe between east and west it must be somewhere....
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »

lol

Look at the French attitude towards labor.

yes...and?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies