What has happened to the GOP in New York state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:08:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What has happened to the GOP in New York state
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What has happened to the GOP in New York state  (Read 7068 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 11:10:24 PM »

Kinda funny that while we talk about the death of the GOP in higher office in NY (or even somewhat high office) - kind of a fait accompli if you ask me - the GOP continues to win nearly all of the silly special elections in these minor seats or local elections that they've lost time and time again since the mid-1990s.

Probably means nothing long-term, but might mean something in the short-term.  I'm not completely ignoring it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »

Well, it's an issue of having a bench and whether the Republican partisans are willing to compromise in high-profile statewide races [where issues matter] with more moderate candidates.

Yeah, the Democrats got dominated in suburbia in some special elections where the issues focused on property taxes and the like, but still.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 02:10:44 AM »

Kinda funny that while we talk about the death of the GOP in higher office in NY (or even somewhat high office) - kind of a fait accompli if you ask me - the GOP continues to win nearly all of the silly special elections in these minor seats or local elections that they've lost time and time again since the mid-1990s.

Probably means nothing long-term, but might mean something in the short-term.  I'm not completely ignoring it.

The bench is being rebuilt in the NYC suburbs.  The real test is whether Republicans can retake control of the State Senate this year.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies