When will the United States elect it's first Jewish President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:49:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will the United States elect it's first Jewish President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: When will the United States elect it's first Jewish President?
2012-2024 election

2028-2040 election

2044-2056 election

2060-2072 election

2076-2088 election

2092 or later election

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: When will the United States elect it's first Jewish President?  (Read 7924 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »

In the 1950s- guilt over the holocaust may have helped elect a Jewish President. Now, there is no more real anti-semetism it seems. There is no barrier for a Jewish politician to cross with the election of Obama.

Hell, we ended up electing a dude whose last name was "Eisenhower" instead.

Who liberated Jews from concentration camps.

True.  Just noting the humor in that a German American liberated half of Europe, freed the Jews, and then became US President.
It's like the ultimate bitch slap to the Nazis.

And his ancestors were pacifists! Funny.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2010, 09:16:55 PM by rbt48 »

Hmm, let me think;  Arlen Specter?

Numerically, the chances would seem to decrease over time, as the percentage of Jewish Americans shrinks yearly. It won't be too long before Muslim Americans outnumber Jews. But, as others have noted, Jews have a much larger presence in politics than their percentage of the population would indicate. Heck, here in Nebraska, for much of the 1980s, we simultaneously had a Jewish US Senator (Zorinsky) and Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court (Krevosha).  The state is less than 1% Jewish (about 10,000 statewide).

Another problem is that our country is becoming increasingly secular.  Perhaps this trend among Jewish Americans is occurring faster than the rest of the populace, at least I have that impression.  But it leads me to wonder if any future Jewish President is perhaps more likely to be a non-practicing Jew.

Now, no doubt a much less likely event is the question of when will we have a President of Armenian ancestry (a question of personal interest to me)?  Well, I know that California had an Armenian governor (George Deukmejian) but is still waiting for a Jewish governor to be elected.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »

Now, no doubt a much less likely event is the question of when will we have a President of Armenian ancestry (a question of personal interest to me)?  Well, I know that California had an Armenian governor (George Deukmejian) but is still waiting for a Jewish governor to be elected.

Dianne Feinstein could have been elected Governor of CA in 2010 had she decided to run.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies