Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 08:37:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 224265 times)
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 07, 2010, 02:02:11 pm »
Ignore

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

I left because of this. It became depressing.

So you're just gonna start back up again?Huh  How about just don't click on the thread?

Because I knew from other sources that he was going through a hard time and didn't want to have people continue to beat up on him without anyone defending him. Don't like it? Don't like my "finger wagging?" Then how about you don't click on it.

Oh it's fine by me.......you're the one who got worked up enough to leave the forum over it.......we've given him good sound advice throughout this thread's history.....sadly you missed a lot of it.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:01 pm »
Ignore

Ok, you guys are gonna get Father Phil all fired up......so stop it.  Roll Eyes

Yep, someone has the nerve to step up and defend him so I'm "Father Phil." How dare someone do what is right. You continue to make fun of the guy because "it's only the Internet" but express your "outrage" over the kids that were pushed to suicide because they were gay and picked on on the Internet. You're no different. You can't see him and you don't know that he definitely has something else wrong so you use that as your defense to get a cheap laugh. It's disgusting.

And the mocking continues from people in this thread even after they said that they "cared"...

It also happens that the Lord loves Whoppers! It's a start.

Oh it's fine by me.......you're the one who got worked up enough to leave the forum over it.......we've given him good sound advice throughout this thread's history.....sadly you missed a lot of it.

Sound advice while laughing at him right after he lost his job and mocking his religion. Very good.

Grazie, Capitano!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 07, 2010, 02:09:04 pm »
Ignore

Alright Phil, whatever you say.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 07, 2010, 02:14:27 pm »
Ignore

The problem I'm having here: people are criticizing BushOK for not listening to good advice, etc. but all of that has exactly zero to do with what has just happened to him in the last week short of the minor point of being dispirited and not wanting to apply for new jobs right away. He did everything right as far as Sprint goes and it's not his fault that it didn't work out. That's a hell of a lot to go through.

Yeah, and we just very briefly criticized his attitude that "God will fix it" and he should just wait.  Then it just melted down when people decided to criticize us for being vindictive and anti-religious.

You were criticized for that because he and others said that God will guide him through it. It was spun into what others wanted it to be: non-advice for BushOK.

Alright Phil, whatever you say.

No, it's not "whatever I say." I'm just pointing out the obvious problems with your "advice" and you still haven't clarified your statement about guidance from God and Andrew still didn't apologize for laughing at him in the first place.

You're not interested in helping; you're interested in laughing. When it's obvious that there's something else wrong, certain other members blame it on something else. Now BushOK is "self obsessed." He's the bad guy. Or there's something else clearly wrong; something that makes him blurt out every blessed detail of his life on an Internet forum.

If you really care about the guy, just stop posting when this all dies down. When there's a new update, contact him privately if you care and have some "tough love."

Grazie, Capitano!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:10 pm »
Ignore

Yes, God will guide him through his troubles.....and I'm sure through prayer and what not, he'll find a great job very soon.

Obviously BushOK has done everything correctly....and definitely isn't attention whoring and looking for yes-men....no, impossible.

You're right, Phil.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: December 07, 2010, 02:25:32 pm »
Ignore

Yes, God will guide him through his troubles.....and I'm sure through prayer and what not, he'll find a great job very soon.

Exactly. You're trolling to bash religion. You hate religion. You hate believers. BushOK is probably the most vocal religious person here and has plenty of life problems so he's your perfect punching bag.

Even some of the biggest critics of religion have posted here, demonstrating true concern for BushOK. They didn't mention religion once. You've obsessed over it. You can't bring yourself to admit that God guiding people isn't a bad thing. That's how strong your hatred is. Then you proceed to mock prayer and think that we religious folk are just dumb, thinking we rely on God to do literally everything. It's been proven that BushOK doesn't believe that but you keep going.

Obviously BushOK has done everything correctly....and definitely isn't attention whoring and looking for yes-men....no, impossible.

Never said that. I said you're "advice" is nothing more than religion bashing and beating up on BushOK. He's here for your entertainment. You're not interested in helping.

Grazie, Capitano!
Hallelujah! Christ Arose!!!
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 07, 2010, 02:51:05 pm »
Ignore

On a lighter note.  I was looking at my flight itineraries for my Florida trip and they are very BRTD non-friendly!!

First of all, the trip is December 23-26.  On December 23, I am flying out of Oklahoma City at 7:50 am.  This means, I need to be at the airport at 5:50 am.  I am taking my car to an off-airport parking, so I need to be there a 5:15 am.  My mother and dad live 45 minutes from the Airport, so we need to leave by 4:30 am, which means I will need to be up by 3:00 am.

On December 26, it's even more fun, I leave Jacksonville at 5:30 am, which means I need to be at the airport by 3:30 am, which means I need to leave at probably 3:00 am, and wake up at least by 2:00, if not 1:30.  That is 12:30 or 1:00 Central Time.  I will be starting my day on the day after Christmas at my normal bed time!!!  Good news is I get back to Oklahoma City by 9:47 am, so I still have the rest of the day to relax.

Needless to say, I will be crashing early on Christmas Night!!!

BRTD would never survive that flight!!!!  Of course, he could sleep on the plane, but still.

You are that rare species: a Bible-thumpin' Liberal.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 07, 2010, 04:07:32 pm »
Ignore

You're the one that called him a retard, Phil.

Roll Eyes

I totally respected the way you conducted yourself here and then you went that route. Totally inappropriate and a lie, by the way. Again, more interested in making this a show than helping/caring about the guy.

Grazie, Capitano!
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 07, 2010, 04:37:42 pm »
Ignore

Yup...
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 07, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »
Ignore

There's no need to be at the airport two hours early for a domestic flight from a smaller airport. One hour is more than enough time.
Also, now is a pretty good time to be looking for a job. It's the one time a year everybody spends a lot of money. Take advantage of that. Doesn't mean you can't go to Florida too.
It's good that you can list a set of jobs that are not a good suit for you. Take some time and think of some specific jobs or industries that fit you better.

I was naturally suited to be a lawyer, almost from birth. It was as if, almost, God had willed it. He meant for me to be here, to punish you, and then punish you some more.
I refuse to die a martyrs death here, because you know why?  Martyrs are still dead.
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 07, 2010, 06:31:00 pm »
Ignore

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

Again, then why even bother with us?  We've been trying to help from the very beginning and you don't take any of our advice.  And now you're mad because we're not coddling you and telling you everything is ok?  It's not, you've made a series of terrible decisions that we all warned you about.  Now none of us take you seriously because you had the information and knowledge not to do the definitively stupid things you have.  You're clearly just looking for some bizarre pat on the back for being strong.  This is not the place to find a bunch of yes-men that will just tell you you're doing great when you're not.

I'm not expecting "yes-men" out of the forum, but I also don't expect downright mock and ridicule.  I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but that was primarily in the 3rd quarter.  Getting fired from Sprint was not a mistake on my part, so you can't hold me to that.  There is a difference between "yes-men" and encouragement.  "Yes-men" are, IMO, the opposite of encouraging.  Encouraging, to me, means not coming down hard on someone because they are human, because they made a mistake, and definitely not because they are trusting in their God.  Criticizing someone's religion is really below the belt.  You accuse me of not listening to you, but you do a pretty good job of not listening to me, either.  Yesterday is a prime example, I posted my approach to, and reasons for using, my relationship with Christ.  Yet, you guys kept accusing me of everything under the sun and misusing religion, without taking into account what I'm saying.  I'm also offended because people have gone so far as to think I have mental problems.  Is trusting in your God a "mental problem".

Everybody here is quick to point out what's wrong with other people, but will not even consider that they might actually be doing things wrong, themselves.  The Bible says, why are you trying to take the dirt out of your brother's eye when you have a log in your own eye?  You seem to think that all of your responses are 100% correct and Phil's response and my response is 100% wrong.

The problem does not lie with me, it lies elsewhere.

Also, have you ever heard the verse that says "Judge not, lest you be judged"?  You are being really quick to pass judgement on me and my family and friends, but have not passed one iota of judgement on yourselves.

I will continue, however, to keep you updated, but I ask that you be slower to judge and don't criticize me for my faith in God.

I don't think most people who are being critical of you are doing so because of your faith in God, but rather because you use that faith in God as an excuse of why its ok to jump into some of the situations you have, and make some of the choices you have made.

Instead of thinking things on a rationale basis.  Instead of thinking about the pros and con's if you do something or don't so something  or using common sense on how realistic something is of working out, you bypass all of that in your decision making, and just put your faith in God instead.  That is simply very dangerous.  Even if you have faith in God you can't let that faith in God take over reason and rationale decision making, but that is exactly what you have done over and over again.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 07, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »
Ignore

He has other problems yes, but having the blind faith makes a bad situation even worse.   Having his friends and family put even more ideas of taking that leap of faith, and don't worry God will take care of you and stuff like that is extremely dangerous to someone who already has a bunch of problems.  Keep in mind many of these are th.e same people who gave him that brutal on company advice or the Ameriplan crap

I don't know how else to get this through to you: the "blind faith" and everything else is the result of the other issues so stop blaming that.

The "blind faith" isn't so much from his other issues, but having that blind faith makes the other issues worse.  The fact he has his family and friends telling him to have faith and jump into some of these things shows how poor the advice he is getting from those close to him, and all of that bad advice is religious based.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:56 pm »
Ignore

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 07, 2010, 08:17:12 pm »
Ignore

maybe wikileaks can get a recording of the call that got bushie fired!

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:27 pm »
Ignore

He has other problems yes, but having the blind faith makes a bad situation even worse.   Having his friends and family put even more ideas of taking that leap of faith, and don't worry God will take care of you and stuff like that is extremely dangerous to someone who already has a bunch of problems.  Keep in mind many of these are th.e same people who gave him that brutal on company advice or the Ameriplan crap

I don't know how else to get this through to you: the "blind faith" and everything else is the result of the other issues so stop blaming that.

The "blind faith" isn't so much from his other issues, but having that blind faith makes the other issues worse.  The fact he has his family and friends telling him to have faith and jump into some of these things shows how poor the advice he is getting from those close to him, and all of that bad advice is religious based.

It all has to do with his other issues.

Christ Almighty. If we're all acknowledging the other issues, then we're acknowledging that it's an obstacle to his reasoning. I don't care if his bad advice is religious based or based on something else, there's something else in the way here.

Grazie, Capitano!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 07, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »
Ignore

And his "other problems" would likely not have the same results if he weren't in such a religiously fanatical area, getting useless "advice" from his family and friends.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 07, 2010, 09:38:08 pm »
Ignore

And his "other problems" would likely not have the same results if he weren't in such a religiously fanatical area, getting useless "advice" from his family and friends.

Roll Eyes

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Are you really that dense that you don't understand the type of other problems we're hinting at? Take the "religious fanaticism" out of the picture and he'd still have these issues.

The comment is further proof that you're just here to bash religion. You're not interested in giving him any real advice. Save the bashing for some place else.

Even if this is the fault of those big, bad religious dummies, we have no control over it. We don't pick his family and friends. Just let it go or contact him personally to comfort him. There's no point in bashing him or them over it. That's not advice.

Grazie, Capitano!
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:30 pm »
Ignore

Ah, rest of the board vs. Keystone Phil in a Bushie thread.  This takes me back.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:50 pm »
Ignore

Ah, rest of the board vs. Keystone Phil in a Bushie thread.  This takes me back.

There are plenty of people here that are actually concerned about the guy and said making this a joke after the guy just lost his job is disgusting.

Grazie, Capitano!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:10 pm »
Ignore

Oh God Phil do you always have to be so damn arrogant? It's seriously getting old. If you can't agree to very simple basic facts, that his attitude towards religion (most likely also in relation to his "other problems") is causing a lot of his problems...why are we even "debating" the matter?

I don't give a damn about his or your religion...for the love of God, stop trying to turn this into a conspiracy against religious folks.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: December 07, 2010, 10:12:20 pm »
Ignore

Anyone remember that episode where a cat scratched BushOklahoma's ear and he cried for like an hour? I wonder if we have a similar event headed our way now.

I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »
Ignore

Phil read the original thread on this. It's long but well worth it. And should provide some context.

Famous True Leftists:

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 07, 2010, 10:21:52 pm »
Ignore

I guess faith that God will bail you out from your own mistakes is a theological perspective. And yes, that can lead to lethargy when it comes to self help I would suppose, as to the rather critical matter of becoming a self sufficient and adequately functioning member of society, and having the self discipline to do that. I would hope Bushie bears that in mind. God may want man to meet him half way as it were - or something.

President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 07, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »
Ignore

I think what is being overlook is that most of us actually tried our damnest to help BushOK in the summer when he was going through all of this, but he sat back and told us were were all wrong and he knew what he was doing. When you keep seeing the same basic pattern, the amount of sympathy you have for a person wanes.

That said, I hate he lost his job, and I'd love nothing more than to see him regain his footing. However, until he makes some basic changes to the way he conducts himself, and no I'm not saying he needs to abandon his faith, he'll continue to make these mistakes. His parents are not helping in the matter by continuing to give out bad advice. The sooner BushOK makes decisions for himself, the better. I hope this happens soon because he's definitely in poor health right now.

Hotter than a middle eastern climate
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »
Ignore

How the hell am I being any more arrogant than anyone else here?

Oh God Phil do you always have to be so damn arrogant? It's seriously getting old. If you can't agree to very simple basic facts, that his attitude towards religion (most likely also in relation to his "other problems") is causing a lot of his problems...why are we even "debating" the matter?

Because that's not a "very simple basic fact." You continue to ignore that there are other issues with him that have nothing to do with religion. Why? Because it wouldn't help your little religion bash fest.

I don't give a damn about his or your religion...for the love of God, stop trying to turn this into a conspiracy against religious folks.

It's not a conspiracy. I just think you see this as a perfect opportunity to beat up on a devoutly religious person and blaming his religion for all of his problems.

I'm going to defend him while people like yourself laugh at him and mock him. If that's getting old to you, tough.

Phil read the original thread on this. It's long but well worth it. And should provide some context.

What happened in the other thread? BushOK asked for advice about a job and didn't take it? Shocking. Maybe that has to do with the other problems the guy clearly has. You can sit here and go crazy about how you're justified in lecturing him but there is a very basic fact that you and so many others are ignoring: he has other issues. You could scream in his face and it wouldn't matter. You're choosing not to acknowledge this so you can continue to laugh at him and say, "Hey, he's asking for it."

I think what is being overlook is that most of us actually tried our damnest to help BushOK in the summer when he was going through all of this, but he sat back and told us were were all wrong and he knew what he was doing. When you keep seeing the same basic pattern, the amount of sympathy you have for a person wanes.

Oh God. Maybe I ought to hope you people are just incredibly dense instead of thinking that you're doing this to mock him.

Hey, Duke, do you think there might be other reasons why he's not listening to your repeated advice? Now think hard on this one.

Grazie, Capitano!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout