Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 07:58:14 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 244424 times)
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 15, 2010, 02:40:29 pm »
Ignore

So, my only full days are Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday.  It's getting down to crunch time.  I'm not like most men where I can just throw things in a duffel bag the night before and call it good.  I'm a little more sophisticated than that.

jesus h christ.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 15, 2010, 02:52:18 pm »
Ignore

I could pack my entire house in 6 days........and clean it

Grumpy Santa's helpers.   Cheesy

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: December 15, 2010, 03:21:19 pm »
Ignore

With some assistance, I once cleared out a fair sized room that I'd been living in for a while in about two hours.

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 15, 2010, 03:25:02 pm »
Ignore

Things you need to pack for a 2 and one half day vacation in Florida in December:

three pairs of underwear
three pairs of socks
three T-shirts or undershirts
toothbrush, toothpaste
swimsuit, sun lotion, beach towel
second pair of shoes
maybe a tie
maybe an extra shirt
maybe an extra pair of pants
a book or something to entertain yourself with

And that's already on the over-packing side of packing. Takes like 20-30 minutes tops. Bam. Done. Finito.

fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 15, 2010, 03:34:47 pm »
Ignore

Two and a half days?!  Good God...and here I was thinking it was gonna be like 2 weeks.  I packed for being home these THREE WEEKS in an hour.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: December 15, 2010, 03:43:15 pm »
Ignore

I packed my entire apartment, cleaned it, and moved in 2 days a while back.  Either way, I would be searching for something. Bushie doesnt want to do anything until January, and thats fine. Me personally, it would be something that I couldnt get out of my mind. There have been times that I needed help from my parents, and believe me, it was the worst. I hate depending on anyone. I like to have everything done myself. I got my car by myself, my apartment by myself, and I pay my bills, myself. I feel horrible even when I have to ask for 5 bucks, just to get something quick before I run to an ATM.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 15, 2010, 03:44:42 pm »
Ignore

I'll probably lose a few hours Monday evening, as well, as I'll have a men's meeting at church at 7:00.  So, my only full days are Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday.

Because you have a men's meeting at church on 7:00, you don't have a "full day" on Monday, and can't accomplish any tasks other than preparing for a short trip to Florida then and on five other days?

How do you think the other members of the meeting would react if they knew that you felt this one evening meeting was the reason why you couldn't take constructive steps to g.s.d. (g = get, d = done) at all that day?
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 15, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »
Ignore

Ok, I think we've found hidden footage of the problem  Too much stuff.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 15, 2010, 04:13:11 pm »
Ignore

I'll probably lose a few hours Monday evening, as well, as I'll have a men's meeting at church at 7:00.  So, my only full days are Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday.

Because you have a men's meeting at church on 7:00, you don't have a "full day" on Monday, and can't accomplish any tasks other than preparing for a short trip to Florida then and on five other days?

How do you think the other members of the meeting would react if they knew that you felt this one evening meeting was the reason why you couldn't take constructive steps to g.s.d. (g = get, d = done) at all that day?

I can definitely still do things most of the day Monday, but when I say full days I mean straight from wake up to bed time.  I mean literal full days.  You're right, though, I'll still have a good 10-12 hours Monday, depending on what time I wake up, to get stuff done.  You have to realize, I'm a literal person.  I take most things literally.

I've got a list made out of what I need to accomplish in the next week.

For example, tomorrow, I am going to really clean this house good (unless I procrastinate some more).  Friday is laundry day, which should take me about 8-10 hours to do it all, and cleaning, as well.  Saturday morning, is haircut and get started packing.  I'm going to relax Saturday afternoon and evening and watch the New Mexico, Humanitarian, and the New Orleans Bowls.  Late Sunday evening, after I get home, I may or may not do a little more packing.  Monday is putting in the request to stop my mail as well as more cleaning.  Tuesday is finishing the packing.  Wednesday morning is making sure everything is ready to go and buttoned up and making sure my cat has the food, water, and kitty litter he needs to stay by himself for 4 nights.  I don't have a job, so a kennel is not an option. 

Mom will pick me up around 11:30 Wednesday morning and I'm going to leave my car underneath my carport.  We'll go to her house and I'll help her pack and get things ready to go for her and her cat.  We'll go the Christmas Candlelight Service that evening at 6:30 and then Grandma will come over and we'll all spend the night together Wednesday night and get up dark and early Thursday morning and be out of the house by 4:45 so we can be to the airport by 5:45 to catch our 7:50 flight.  It's the day before Christmas Eve, so I think a full two hours is warranted.

All 4 of us are on the same flight going out there, but we're split into two groups coming home with Grandma and I on the early flight through Atlanta and Mom and Dad a couple hours later flying through Memphis.  Because of that, I will drive Grandma's car to the off-airport parking and Mom and Dad will follow right behind us.  Then, when we land in Oklahoma City, I'll take Grandma back to my house since that's where my car will be and she'll drive herself the rest of the way home.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 15, 2010, 04:25:50 pm »
Ignore

I can definitely still do things most of the day Monday, but when I say full days I mean straight from wake up to bed time.  I mean literal full days.  You're right, though, I'll still have a good 10-12 hours Monday, depending on what time I wake up, to get stuff done.  You have to realize, I'm a literal person.  I take most things literally.

I've got a list made out of what I need to accomplish in the next week.

For example, tomorrow, I am going to really clean this house good (unless I procrastinate some more).  Friday is laundry day, which should take me about 8-10 hours to do it all, and cleaning, as well.  Saturday morning, is haircut and get started packing.  I'm going to relax Saturday afternoon and evening and watch the New Mexico, Humanitarian, and the New Orleans Bowls.  Late Sunday evening, after I get home, I may or may not do a little more packing. Monday is putting in the request to stop my mail as well as more cleaning.  Tuesday is finishing the packing.  Wednesday morning is making sure everything is ready to go and buttoned up and making sure my cat has the food, water, and kitty litter he needs to stay by himself for 4 nights.  I don't have a job, so a kennel is not an option.  

Dude, no one human has 8-10 hours of laundry at one time, nor does cleaning take that long, unless your house is like one of those on Hoarders......it's not possible.  And packing Saturday morning, Sunday Evening, and Tuesday.......for a 4 day trip?  Not possible.

And why can't someone stop in and look after the cat?  Why does the poor lil guy have to be alone?

I think you're scamming us now.

fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 15, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »
Ignore

Are you washing your clothes by hand?  This all sounds like an elaborate procrastination plan.  If you spent half as much time actually doing shit as you do WAY over-planning for it, you'd have a job by now.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 15, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »
Ignore

Are you washing your clothes by hand?  This all sounds like an elaborate procrastination plan.  If you spent half as much time actually doing shit as you do WAY over-planning for it, you'd have a job by now.

No, I just divide my clothes up into more piles than what I probably should, I'm somewhat anal about that.  On a full laundry day, I have at least 8-10 loads.

You're right, though, I am MASSIVE planner.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 15, 2010, 05:35:47 pm »
Ignore

On a full laundry day, I have at least 8-10 loads.

Unless you have about four wardrobes full of clothes, you're wasting a hell of a lot of power and water.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:38 pm »
Ignore

Unless you have about four wardrobes full of clothes, you're wasting a hell of a lot of power and water.

Maybe he just has a very tiny washing machine.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 15, 2010, 05:44:00 pm »
Ignore

You must not have read my last post.  I said I divide my loads into way too many piles.

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:11 pm »
Ignore

You must not have read my last post.  I said I divide my loads into way too many piles.

Too much information.

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:54 pm »
Ignore

I admit I have too many clothes, and I usually wear two or three different sets during the work week - work clothes, gym and after-work/at home - but that is two loads MAX and we have a small machine... how the hell do you build up 8-10 loads?

Also... stopping mail for 4 days... what the hell???

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 15, 2010, 06:11:39 pm »
Ignore

I admit I have too many clothes, and I usually wear two or three different sets during the work week - work clothes, gym and after-work/at home - but that is two loads MAX and we have a small machine... how the hell do you build up 8-10 loads?

This is one thing that I do miss about the US.  It's easy to have your mail held.  All you have to do is fill out an online form, and it's free.  It takes like 5 minutes.  In Australia, you have to go to the post office in person, show an ID, and pay them $.

The weird thing is that while you have to show ID to have your mail held here, you don't have to show ID when getting on a domestic flight.  What's up with that?

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 15, 2010, 06:14:29 pm »
Ignore

You must not have read my last post.  I said I divide my loads into way too many piles.

I separate way too much such as the dress slacks from dress shirts, the light-colored dress shirts separated from the dark-colored dress shirts.  Knit shirts are separated by lights, darks, and reds.  Underclothes separated from towels, plus sheets.  On a full laundry day, I have 9 loads.  Since I don't have any dress clothes or sheets to wash, I may be able to get by with 5 or 6 loads.  As far as the time goes, both the washer and dryer take 40 minutes each, and I dry and wash simultaneously to save time.

As far as the mail goes, it's actually 3 days since Saturday is a holiday, but my mail box isn't big enough to hold three days worth of mail.  My mailbox is by my door, not at the end of the driveway.  I'll pick everything up the next Monday.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 15, 2010, 06:16:39 pm »
Ignore

As far as the mail goes, it's actually 3 days since Saturday is a holiday, but my mail box isn't big enough to hold three days worth of mail.  My mailbox is by my door, not at the end of the driveway.  I'll pick everything up the next Monday.

But again, are you really counting getting your mail held as a major activity of the day, since all you have to do is fill out that online form?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: December 15, 2010, 06:19:44 pm »
Ignore

As far as the mail goes, it's actually 3 days since Saturday is a holiday, but my mail box isn't big enough to hold three days worth of mail.  My mailbox is by my door, not at the end of the driveway.  I'll pick everything up the next Monday.

But again, are you really counting getting your mail held as a major activity of the day, since all you have to do is fill out that online form?

No, but it something that needs to be done.

memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 15, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »
Ignore

As far as the mail goes, it's actually 3 days since Saturday is a holiday, but my mail box isn't big enough to hold three days worth of mail.  My mailbox is by my door, not at the end of the driveway.  I'll pick everything up the next Monday.

No, but it something that needs to be done.
I'll make you deal. PM me your address and I'll do the form for you, but you have to go out and look for a job. Deal?

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 15, 2010, 07:55:36 pm »
Ignore

Memphis, I think you care a little too much.

memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 15, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »
Ignore

Memphis, I think you care a little too much.

I care more about making my point than the actual situation Tongue
I've done the form. It takes just a minute. Not that he'll agree to it anyway.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:47 pm »
Ignore

You must not have read my last post.  I said I divide my loads into way too many piles.

I separate way too much such as the dress slacks from dress shirts, the light-colored dress shirts separated from the dark-colored dress shirts.  Knit shirts are separated by lights, darks, and reds.  Underclothes separated from towels, plus sheets.  On a full laundry day, I have 9 loads.  Since I don't have any dress clothes or sheets to wash, I may be able to get by with 5 or 6 loads.  As far as the time goes, both the washer and dryer take 40 minutes each, and I dry and wash simultaneously to save time.

Ten don't do that.  Mix the stuff together and save about 5 or 6 loads.  Another thing you could do is search for jobs on the computer while the stuff is in the washer and dryer.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout