Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:26:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372051 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 02:18:38 AM »

A fast food restaurant? I couldn't think of a worse place to take a girl, especially on a date. I'd avoid that like the plague, if such exists.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE HER TO A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT. I know Oklahoma's a little different from the rest of America, but you guys aren't that different.

Find a Denny's, find a Shari's, find a Shoney's, find a whatever. Just make sure the place involves a waiter.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 02:29:16 AM »

The plan is to go out to a quick dinner Tuesday night.  I think I'm going to give her the option of a fast-food restaurant or a diner. 

NEITHER OF THOSE OPTIONS  ARE ACCEPTABLE F OR A THIRD DATE
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE HER TO A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT. I know Oklahoma's a little different from the rest of America, but you guys aren't that different.

Find a Denny's, find a Shari's, find a Shoney's, find a whatever. Just make sure the place involves a waiter.

Agreed, and YOUR'E NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING FAST FOOD.......REMEMBER?Huh
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »

Yeah, no fast food! Not even if she says that's what she wants!

Isn't there an Old Chicago or a Rock Bottom in Midwest City?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2010, 12:28:45 AM »

Yeah, no fast food! Not even if she says that's what she wants!

Isn't there an Old Chicago or a Rock Bottom in Midwest City?

There is an Old Chicago, but we are going to IHOP, instead tomorrow night.  I called her this evening and gave her the choice, either IHOP or a local diner.  She chose IHOP.  I'm going to pick her up about 6:00 and should have her home by 10:00.  Unfortunately, it looks as if the weather is going to postpone the third date, which was supposed to be this Friday.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »

IHOP for a DATE?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:44 AM »

I know its unconventional, but it will be good for a mid-week date.  Now, if this were a Friday night, then we'd probably go somewhere slightly better.  Another lesson I learned from Tiffanye is watch your own bank account.  I bought every single thing for Tiffanye and would not let her spend a single dime and, as a consequence, i saw my bank account dwindle down to uncomfortable levels.  I'm still trying to dig out from it, completely.  So, I will still buy most things for Susan, but if she offers to pitch in, I will let her, per the advice of my mother.  I may have to think of dates that doesn't involve money, save for gas.  I don't want to short change her in any way, but I also need to be able to pay my bills.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 02:25:07 AM »

Smart man. IHOP ain't bad for a second date ... it's relaxed, it can be fun but it's better than fast food, for sure.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2010, 02:31:56 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2010, 02:34:49 AM by Lunar »

Smart man. IHOP ain't bad for a second date ... it's relaxed, it can be fun but it's better than fast food, for sure.

Comparing things to fast food for second dates is like comparing things to dumpster diving.  Not fair.

I can just imagine a girl talking about her worst dates with her girlfriends, and fast food, Denny's, and IHOP dates would probably be among them.

I understand not wanting to break the bank, but a mid-level restaurant is not more expensive than IHOP, it's just 10 times classier.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2010, 02:42:03 AM »

Comparing things to fast food for second dates is like comparing things to dumpster diving.  Not fair.

I can just imagine a girl talking about her worst dates with her girlfriends, and fast food, Denny's, and IHOP dates would probably be among them.

I understand not wanting to break the bank, but a mid-level restaurant is not more expensive than IHOP, it's just 10 times classier.

Check out my thread here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=109648.0
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2010, 02:48:27 AM »

I just chewed out some immature younger dude at my gym for thinking IHOP was a good place for a date.  Still almost as bad as a fast food joint.  I don't know what's in Oklahoma, but me's thinking at least a Carrabba's, T.G.I. Fridays, or some half decent local place. 
East Coast Republican

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2010, 02:50:39 AM »

I just chewed out some immature younger dude at my gym for thinking IHOP was a good place for a date.  Still almost as bad as a fast food joint.  I don't know what's in Oklahoma, but me's thinking at least a Carrabba's, T.G.I. Fridays, or some half decent local place. 

You're 43?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2010, 02:52:19 AM »

You're 43?

29, turning 30 in April.  IHOP is for maybe post-sexual night over talk or a hangover.  It's not for an actual date.  That's my point.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2010, 02:56:58 AM »

I just chewed out some immature younger dude at my gym for thinking IHOP was a good place for a date.  Still almost as bad as a fast food joint.  I don't know what's in Oklahoma, but me's thinking at least a Carrabba's, T.G.I. Fridays, or some half decent local place.  

You're 43?

29, turning 30 in April.  IHOP is for maybe post-sexual night over talk or a hangover.  It's not for an actual date.  That's my point.

IHOP is good after the bar yah ok but depending on where you live Ihop may not be bad for a first date.  It's a semi decent place.  I went with my cousin earlier this month and he got a hair with a pancake wrapped around it.  I wouldn't let that dent my overall opinion of ihop-it's got a nice cozy feel to it.  

Just to be safe, I'd say ihop is good for a night out with your girl/boyfriend after a steady relationship has been established.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »

Like I said, IHOP is a good mid-week dinner.  The weather will probably keep us from meeting this weekend as we're supposed to get another ice storm in the same manner as the one we had in December 2007 when we had 3/4" of ice.  So, this may be our last date for at least a week, possibly 10 days, depending on how long the ice sticks around.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »

International House of Pancakes?

Of course, I've never been, but it doesn't sound too bad. It's not fancy or anything, but if you have a relaxed, fun attitude towards dating it sounds like it could be fun.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »

I'd never, ever, ever, ever go to IHOP myself, much less on a date. I do realize Charleston has a wealth of good, locally owned places, so maybe I am just out of touch. I'd feel insulted to go to IHOP on a date though.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

Be careful not to tell her that you write about your romantic adventures with her on this blog (or any blog for that matter).
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »

Good thing he's not taking any of you picky bastards out!

IHOP would not be my thing, but I get the feeling that BushOK and his date are going to be alright with it. And it is relaxed. There's no pressure to fix yourself up to go out to IHOP. If they're comfortable with it, then it's going to go just fine.

Actually, it's a pretty decent way to filter out dates ... don't blow a lot of money trying to impress them on dates where you barely know each other: let her get to know you, make sure she's going out with you for your personality and that you're not trying to overcompensate by falling into the typical first / second / third date traps. The best first dates are ones that don't feel forced in any way.

I prefer quirky places or holes-in-the-wall to somewhere like IHOP, but the general idea is the same.

And don't forget, BushOK -- it's not just about you trying to impress her (as most guys tend to think). She's got to impress you back. The last two women I dated couldn't pass the test, and I cut them loose after a couple of mediocre dates. Don't be afraid to do the same.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »

Good thing he's not taking any of you picky bastards out!

IHOP would not be my thing, but I get the feeling that BushOK and his date are going to be alright with it. And it is relaxed. There's no pressure to fix yourself up to go out to IHOP. If they're comfortable with it, then it's going to go just fine.

Actually, it's a pretty decent way to filter out dates ... don't blow a lot of money trying to impress them on dates where you barely know each other: let her get to know you, make sure she's going out with you for your personality and that you're not trying to overcompensate by falling into the typical first / second / third date traps. The best first dates are ones that don't feel forced in any way.

I prefer quirky places or holes-in-the-wall to somewhere like IHOP, but the general idea is the same.

And don't forget, BushOK -- it's not just about you trying to impress her (as most guys tend to think). She's got to impress you back. The last two women I dated couldn't pass the test, and I cut them loose after a couple of mediocre dates. Don't be afraid to do the same.

IHOP went over extremely well!!  It was a nice little date.  She told me she feels very comfortable around me, which is a really good sign.  I told her the same thing.  I think I'm making a good impression on her and I know she's making a really good impression on me. Smiley  I also think I'm making a good impression on her mother, which is almost asI important as the girl herself.  The date didn't last too long, just 3 1/2 hours, but it was really nice.  It looks like I may have to slow her down just a bit, but she's just anxious like any other girl.  We're definitely going to go slow, though.  She did give me a little peck on the cheek as I was leaving her house.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

Of course, I've never been, but it doesn't sound too bad. It's not fancy or anything, but if you have a relaxed, fun attitude towards dating it sounds like it could be fun.

Obviously, they aren't exactly fine dining, but it's a very nice little chain.  I've been to IHOP in several states in different parts of the country, and it's hardly McDonalds.

I actually went to an IHOP post-prom with my prom date, on her suggestion.  We had a good time.  I suppose I have slightly more romantic views of IHOP than most Americans due to that experience, but it's hardly a dump by anyone's standards.  If BushOK keeps with his diet, he could have had an excellent salad...or he could have had chocolate chip pancakes.  Tongue  Which was it?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »

Maybe I was too hard on it, especially  after the original fast food suggestion...

but still, I'd go for a moderately-priced local restaurant long before IHOP...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »

Obviously, they aren't exactly fine dining, but it's a very nice little chain.  I've been to IHOP in several states in different parts of the country, and it's hardly McDonalds.

I actually went to an IHOP post-prom with my prom date, on her suggestion.  We had a good time.  I suppose I have slightly more romantic views of IHOP than most Americans due to that experience, but it's hardly a dump by anyone's standards.  If BushOK keeps with his diet, he could have had an excellent salad...or he could have had chocolate chip pancakes.  Tongue  Which was it?

I blew my diet tonight and had three eggs and pancakes, four slices bacon, and Dr. Pepper. Tongue

It may be a little tougher to lose weight now that I have a girlfriend.  But, I'm still going to try!!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »

I think you've got even more incentive to lose weight now! A good early date idea is to cook together ... find something that's semi-difficult to make and give it a shot. You learn a lot about each other in situations like that: whether she's a follower or leader, a planner or someone who dives into things, messy or clean or OCD ... it can be a fun activity.

That way you can keep your meals healthy for you, too!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies