Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372133 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: June 11, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

Just remember to tell us about the wedding night, since you already made so much things public.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #601 on: June 11, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »

T**s or GTFO
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #602 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »

I will get laid by one more person the rest of my life and that not until our wedding night at the earliest.  When she becomes my wife, she'll be the next one, and last one, to lay me!!  The good thing with this woman, is there is absolutely no chance of having sex before we're married.  Heck, we may not even have a full fledged kiss until we lock lips in front of the church at the wedding ceremony.  Right now, we're kissing on the lips, but it's just a peck on the lips, not anything more than that.

lol

Why one "more" person, anyway?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #603 on: June 11, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »

Shame on you, BushOK.

Go just do it and don't show up until you do.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #604 on: June 11, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »

I will get laid by one more person the rest of my life and that not until our wedding night at the earliest.  When she becomes my wife, she'll be the next one, and last one, to lay me!!  The good thing with this woman, is there is absolutely no chance of having sex before we're married.  Heck, we may not even have a full fledged kiss until we lock lips in front of the church at the wedding ceremony.  Right now, we're kissing on the lips, but it's just a peck on the lips, not anything more than that.

lol

He had an experience in Arkansas with his ex-fiancée.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »

lol

Correct.

Last evening was a great evening.  We originally were going to a Night of Praise song service at church, but nobody showed up due to a youth camp parents meeting (they're leaving Monday).  So, we decided to go on an impromptu date, the best kind IMO.  We went to the mall where i bought her ring and ordered a certificate of authenticity as well as insurance letters so I can include the rings in my homeowners insurance policy which they will mail to my address by the middle of next week.  We then decided to Steak & Shake and just have a couple delicious milkshakes.  It was about 8:15 and we weren't done, so I took her home and then we, along with her mother, started discussing wedding decorations, as well as setting up the wedding and reception, the rehearsal, and started discussing the schedule for the morning of the wedding.  This afternoon, we're going to meet with both mothers and start looking at the photography.  We're definitely not going to make any decision today, but we're going to interview and audition one company today and we hope to have our decision made by August 1.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2010, 11:58:29 AM »

.  We're definitely not going to make any decision today, but we're going to interview and audition one company today and we hope to have our decision made by August 1.

Post the audition pics in this thread, ok?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »

lol

Well, at least he won't be completely inexperienced!  Of course, I'd "test the goods" before coughing a diamond ring.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2010, 12:14:28 PM »

Well, at least he won't be completely inexperienced!  Of course, I'd "test the goods" before coughing a diamond ring.

Dude, be honest.  You wouldn't give up a ring from a cracker jack box without demanding to test the goods.  Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »

I will get laid by one more person the rest of my life and that not until our wedding night at the earliest.  When she becomes my wife, she'll be the next one, and last one, to lay me!!  The good thing with this woman, is there is absolutely no chance of having sex before we're married.  Heck, we may not even have a full fledged kiss until we lock lips in front of the church at the wedding ceremony.  Right now, we're kissing on the lips, but it's just a peck on the lips, not anything more than that.

lol

Well, at least he won't be completely inexperienced!  Of course, I'd "test the goods" before coughing a diamond ring.

But, I don't want to "unwrap" the package before we get married, though, because once the package is unwrapped, it can never be wrapped again.  Besides, it would be a whole lot more special if I waited to unwrap the package until the wedding night or sometime during the honeymoon.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »

Isn't getting married special enough?  That's a lot of weight to put on sex.  Hopefully you'd be having sex a lot once you start, so what difference does it make when you do start?  If you want it to be special, get to practicing!  The first time is always the worst, why spoil a honeymoon trying to figure each other out?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »

OK, people.  I know quite a few of you (myself included), disagree with BushOK on this.  However, I will not smile on you guys constantly harping on this issue all the way from now until April.  It ruins the entertainment value of this thread (the vacation to Branson, MO is still my favorite) when every other post is "did you f**k her yet?  Why aren't you f**king her yet?"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2010, 04:53:22 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

OK, people.  I know quite a few of you (myself included), disagree with BushOK on this.  However, I will not smile on you guys constantly harping on this issue all the way from now until April.  It ruins the entertainment value of this thread (the vacation to Branson, MO is still my favorite) when every other post is "did you f**k her yet?  Why aren't you f**king her yet?"

Respectfully, what you think we should post isn't enough for a "warning".  Bushie, your fellow mod, started it.......he has to live with it.   So if we bash him til April HE, not you, should delete the thread anytime he pleases.

If you put all your cards on the table........what do you expect, Mikado?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »

Maybe BushOK's opinion on this should be sought. He may not mind, and may understand that the bulk of the posters here basically other than politics, just have one main thing on their mind, including even some of the olds. Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

I'm not saying I'd lock or delete this thread, I'm just telling you guys to cut Bushie some slack now and again.  The guy's going through all this trouble to entertain us, the least we can do is let him tell the story his own way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: June 12, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »

Maybe BushOK's opinion on this should be sought. He may not mind, and may understand that the bulk of the posters here basically other than politics, just have one main thing on their mind, including even some of the olds. Smiley

I'll weigh in.  I agree with Mikado, Torie, and Gramps.  I started this thread, so if I want to put information out there, then I should live with the consequences.  I agree that sometimes the joking around can go too far, but like Torie said most of the guys on here has a one track mind.  In all the nearly 650 posts on this thread, I haven't noticed any real big or any real nasty bashings, especially once the newness of this thing wore off.  I love telling you guys about what's going on, because it gives me an avenue to share the good news I have.  Now, once we get to the wedding, I will probably have to lock the thread and let it sink down to the bottom, but that's not for another 300 days.  Just as long as you guys don't cuss me out or say things that are overly harsh, I don't mind the dialogue.  I even welcome clean, respectful, and good-natured humorous dialogue.  Don't worry, Mikado, I'm keeping an eye on this thread and I will report any thread that is too hurtful.  I've got a pretty thick skin, but I am keeping an eye on it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #616 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »

Forgive me if I'm prying  BushOk but I have a question for you.  If you don't feel comfortable then don't answer.   I can see the virginity thing even if I don't really agree with it. However, what is the deal with only kissing?  Is a religious stricture holding up anything further than that?
Also, best of luck going forward and I wish you all of the happiness in the world. The way you go about things are not for me yet if it works for you then more power to you.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #617 on: June 12, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »

OK, people.  I know quite a few of you (myself included), disagree with BushOK on this.  However, I will not smile on you guys constantly harping on this issue all the way from now until April.  It ruins the entertainment value of this thread (the vacation to Branson, MO is still my favorite) when every other post is "did you f**k her yet?  Why aren't you f**king her yet?"

Respectfully, what you think we should post isn't enough for a "warning".  Bushie, your fellow mod, started it.......he has to live with it.   So if we bash him til April HE, not you, should delete the thread anytime he pleases.

If you put all your cards on the table........what do you expect, Mikado?

I'll weigh in.  I agree with Mikado, Torie, and Gramps.

BushOK is a master of Hegelian synthesis.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2010, 06:32:56 AM »

I still want to see some of the photographer audition shots Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:23 PM »

Haha, if you want pics you're going to have to go onto facebook.

We did put down the deposit on the photographer yesterday to secure the date.  It's a good thing, too, as they have a wedding the weekend after ours on April 16, so they're already booking up pretty well for the Spring 2011.  That makes me feel good about the photographer, that they are popular.  We are probably going to go with them because they're local and we'd be helping out the local economy at the same time.  Their work looks splendid.  We booked an engagement photo session as part of the wedding package, which we'll probably do this Autumn, probably Octoberish.  If she gets her dress in time and all the alterations are done, we'll pay the extra $45 and get her a bridal session along with it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »

Think about those of us without Facebook, Bushie.  Cry
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »

Think about those of us without Facebook, Bushie.  Cry

I'll see what I can do.

I was counting up late last night when I had nothing better to do that we are already about 20% through this engagement year.  It will be exactly 20% this Wednesday morning at midnight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »

We're going to sit down with the music minister at the church Thursday evening about 4:30 and run our song selections by him and make sure they're suitable for a setting of worship.  I don't forsee any problems, but we have to verify it with him, anyway.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »

BTW, 2 down.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #624 on: June 15, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »