Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:22:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372006 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

Annie must be a special case, because in my experience, the nice guy never gets the girl. Girls want guys who they feel can protect them and stand up to people who do them hard. That's all I want to say in this matter because I really don't want to read that whole argument.
i am not talking about about teen girls who think that they need to rebel against the world. I am talking about women who are in their mid 20's. I am not saying a pushover either. but a guy who doesn't get into bar fights etc and actually makes choices with his gf or whatever she is.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #651 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »

Annie must be a special case, because in my experience, the nice guy never gets the girl. Girls want guys who they feel can protect them and stand up to people who do them hard. That's all I want to say in this matter because I really don't want to read that whole argument.
i am not talking about about teen girls who think that they need to rebel against the world. I am talking about women who are in their mid 20's. I am not saying a pushover either. but a guy who doesn't get into bar fights etc and actually makes choices with his gf or whatever she is.

But Duke has a point.  Even women in their 30s kinda want someone to take charge, but they tend to see different things with age.  A nice guy CAN get a girl.  The problem are NEEDY guys.  Some guys can't differentiate.  And yes, women want masculine guys regardless of age. 
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #652 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

But Duke has a point.  Even women in their 30s kinda want someone to take charge, but they tend to see different things with age.  A nice guy CAN get a girl.  The problem are NEEDY guys.  Some guys can't differentiate.  And yes, women want masculine guys regardless of age. 
i agree with 2/3rds if it. but masculine? some women want that. it depends on what you are though and how you were raised to thinking. some women like pansy's and some like the biker type. i know plenty of women who are into the pansy type.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #653 on: June 22, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »

i agree with 2/3rds if it. but masculine? some women want that. it depends on what you are though and how you were raised to thinking. some women like pansy's and some like the biker type. i know plenty of women who are into the pansy type.

Actually, for women, attraction depends on a lot of factors, including the menstrual cycle(!), so it's hard to say any hard-and-fast rule.  In general, though, women tend to like masculine men for hookups (and, when asked to rank "attractiveness", rank them more highly) and less-masculine men for long-term relationships.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #654 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »

I just took her to see Toy Story 3 this evening and we both thoroughly enjoyed the movie!!  There was not a dry eye in the room.  My eyes even got a little misty and, for me, that's hard to do in a movie.  She is an emotional person, and she wasn't too far from flat bawling.  I don't think I would ever buy the movie, but it's a really good ending to the Toy Story series.  I think it'd be overdoing if they ever decided to produce a Toy Story 4.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #655 on: June 23, 2010, 01:13:17 PM »

"pansy" - "lesbo".......what's next - "homo" & "f****t"?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

are we talking about you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 01:23:07 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

But Duke has a point.  Even women in their 30s kinda want someone to take charge, but they tend to see different things with age.  A nice guy CAN get a girl.  The problem are NEEDY guys.  Some guys can't differentiate.  And yes, women want masculine guys regardless of age.  

are we talking about you?

Ha ha......good one.....I was referring to your potty mouth, but again, good one.

So, do you use those other words too?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #658 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »

We are seriously about to start ramping up our planning and our activity as we are down to nearly 9 months and July 1 is breathing down our necks.  This Sunday, June 27, we are going to meet after church at my house (which will be our home) and discuss what we need to do to this house and when we need to do it to get it ready to move her in.  She is going to start going through her stuff this summer and then we're going to try to start moving her in this December so we can have basically three months to do it which will give us some time in case the winter weather costs us a weekend here and there or we just want to take a weekend to rest.  Some of the things we are going to have to do with this house include thorough scrubbing and disinfecting, wall decorating, furniture moving and re-arranging, and so on.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2010, 06:04:29 PM »

You know what they say.  "The only good ones are gay or taken."  Guess I"m screwed!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #660 on: June 26, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »

Another wedding song suggestion for BushOK in addition to Duke's Katy Perry.

Shots- LMFAO ft. Lil Jon (uncensored)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »

We had a very good wedding planning meeting tonight.  We discussed several things from budget to who is doing what and when and what we need to do to get my house ready for Susan to move in.  We have a pretty good idea where we're going to put things in this house to make it more of a home.  It doesn't really look like a home right now, because it's just a bachelor living here, it's not a married couple yet.  We've got a lot of stuff to do to get ready for this wedding and not a lot of time to do it.  We've got 9 months and we have a bunch of things to do in this period of time.  Both mothers are just bursting at the seams just so excited about their babies getting married.  I am my mother's baby (of two) and Susan is her mother's baby (of three).  This will be the last time anyone in our immediate family gets married until my 10 1/2 year old niece gets old enough and finds her the man that's right for her.  Susan's only nephew is only six months old, so he has quite a ways to go.

While we are trying to turn this house into a home, we are also mindful that we only have two, maybe three, years left in Oklahoma.  After her Grandma passes (and I think she has two years maximum left), Susan, her mom, and me are going to pick up and move to Arizona, either Phoenix or Tucson.  We don't want Yuma or Flagstaff, but mainly southern or southeastern Arizona.

Let me put in a disclaimer before I get called out on this:  I am not wishing her Grandmother's passing, nor am I trying to rush it.  She is a great lady, but I honestly think she probably has no more than a couple years left.  She turned 84 on March 30, and I think she may see 86 years young, but I'm not seeing her push too deep into her late 80s.  My grandmother on the other hand turned 84 on April 24 (which incidentally puts her 85th birthday on Easter Sunday 2011), is in much better health and I easily see her push into her late 80s or even early 90s.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #662 on: June 29, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »

Let me put in a disclaimer before I get called out on this:  I am not wishing her Grandmother's passing, nor am I trying to rush it.  She is a great lady, but I honestly think she probably has no more than a couple years left.  She turned 84 on March 30, and I think she may see 86 years young, but I'm not seeing her push too deep into her late 80s.  My grandmother on the other hand turned 84 on April 24 (which incidentally puts her 85th birthday on Easter Sunday 2011), is in much better health and I easily see her push into her late 80s or even early 90s.

According to this actuarial table:

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

a woman who makes it to 84 has, on average, 7 years left.  Unless she has specific potentially fatal health issues, there's no reason to think that she's only two years away from death.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #663 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »

We have a pretty good Fourth of July weekend planned!  We are going to spend pretty much all afternoon and evening tomorrow with each other just hanging out and playing games.  Then, Sunday, we are going to attend an awesome Independence Day Worship Service at church and then head to our local amusement park Frontier City (who used to own Six Flags, FWIW) in the late afternoon and ride a few rides in the evening and then watch fireworks that evening at the park.  We're not doing anything together on Monday.  I should be home by 11:00 Sunday night and I plan to pop in a patriotic CD for an hour and then at 12:00 Monday Midnight, I will switch it to, you guessed it, a Christmas CD for another hour before I go to bed at 1:00 am.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #664 on: July 02, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »

We have a pretty good Fourth of July weekend planned!  We are going to spend pretty much all afternoon and evening tomorrow with each other just hanging out and playing games.  Then, Sunday, we are going to attend an awesome Independence Day Worship Service at church and then head to our local amusement park Frontier City (who used to own Six Flags, FWIW) in the late afternoon and ride a few rides in the evening and then watch fireworks that evening at the park.  We're not doing anything together on Monday.  I should be home by 11:00 Sunday night and I plan to pop in a patriotic CD for an hour and then at 12:00 Monday Midnight, I will switch it to, you guessed it, a Christmas CD for another hour before I go to bed at 1:00 am.

Ugh. This Fourth of July may turn out to be my worst day ever very soon.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #665 on: July 02, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »

Me too, I feel like I need to go and sin right now, just because of it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #666 on: July 02, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

Me too, I feel like I need to go and sin right now, just because of it.

And I have presidential election runoff on July 4.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: July 03, 2010, 11:28:17 PM »

This story will be quite funny if you think about it.  It's about our house decorations.  I am a huge red, white, and blue fan as I love this country dearly.  She has a fondness for Oriental things.  She likes Oriental lettering, designs, and yes, Japanese Anime (though, she's not annoying with her anime like some people are.)  Wouldn't it be funny if in our home we have on our living room wall, an American Flag right next to Chinese lettering?  We could have a caption under the photographs saying, America - Made in China!!!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #668 on: July 03, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

You could cut out the middleman...that American flag might very well be made in China itself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #669 on: July 03, 2010, 11:31:29 PM »

You could cut out the middleman...that American flag might very well be made in China itself.

That sounds wrong, yet very possible.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #670 on: July 03, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

That sounds wrong, yet very possible.

If you want to make sure your American flag is made in America, and want a special flag, contact your Congress(wo)man.  The House and Senate offices sell very reasonably-priced American flags that have been flown at the US Capitol.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »

We had a really good Independence Day 2010.  We started off the day at church celebrating the 234th birthday of our country, then had a good BBQ with her mother and cousins.  We went to Frontier City, our local amusement park, but got rained out and absolutely drenched, so we left after about an hour and a half of getting wet, ended up getting a season pass for the rest of the summer there.  I took her home and then went over to my cousins' this evening and visited and watched a few fireworks from a distance.  It actually felt a little like an early autumn day outside.

Something very interesting occured at Frontier City right at the beginning.  I took my first ever sip of an alcoholic beverage.  I didn't care for it, but it didn't affect me like I thought it would, especially for being an absolute newbie.

I've got the day off tomorrow, so it'll be time to sleep in.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #672 on: July 05, 2010, 05:09:21 AM »

Something very interesting occured at Frontier City right at the beginning.  I took my first ever sip of an alcoholic beverage.  I didn't care for it, but it didn't affect me like I thought it would, especially for being an absolute newbie.

You gotta at least say what type of alcoholic beverage......there are good ones and bad ones Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #673 on: July 05, 2010, 05:17:25 AM »

You gotta at least say what type of alcoholic beverage......there are good ones and bad ones Smiley

It had to be some crappy American beer out of a tap......probably Budweiser (tiger piss).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #674 on: July 05, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »

It had to be some crappy American beer out of a tap......probably Budweiser (tiger piss).

No, actually it was Amber Ale, a dark red brew.  It was pretty stout in terms of taste, but I didn't have enough to buzz me or anything as I only had one drink.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies