Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 371754 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:23 AM »

Bushie, do you avoid booze for religious reasons or for something else?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #676 on: July 05, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »

I've just never really been exposed to it before or was too young when I was.  I don't have any problems with drinking, so long as one doesn't get drunk.  Having a beer or a glass of wine on occasion is acceptable to me.  It's when people get drunk that I have a real problem with.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #677 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:24 AM »

I've just never really been exposed to it before or was too young when I was.  I don't have any problems with drinking, so long as one doesn't get drunk.  Having a beer or a glass of wine on occasion is acceptable to me.  It's when people get drunk that I have a real problem with.

As long as they don't harm anyone....why not?

There are legitimate occasions to get drunk on, IMO Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #678 on: July 05, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »

Getting drunk is cool Okie.  In fact you are not a true Okie until you have gone over to some dude's house during the middle of a Power Rangers Party (not kidding) and you get smashed off of Morgans and Dr. Pepper.
Just saying.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #679 on: July 05, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

Wow, Bushie is going to have a "real problem"  with a lot of posters, myself first and foremost Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #680 on: July 05, 2010, 12:07:16 PM »

Wow, Bushie is going to have a "real problem"  with a lot of posters, myself first and foremost Wink

If I had a problem with you guys, I would have quit the forum a long time ago.  I do have a problem with drunkenness, but I also know to let bygones be bygones.  I don't like to "sweat the small stuff".  As Franzl said, as long they're not harming anyone but themselves, I'm not going to say much.  I may roll my eyes, but that's about it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #681 on: July 05, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »

If I had a problem with you guys, I would have quit the forum a long time ago.  I do have a problem with drunkenness, but I also know to let bygones be bygones.  I don't like to "sweat the small stuff".  As Franzl said, as long they're not harming anyone but themselves, I'm not going to say much.  I may roll my eyes, but that's about it.

You serving booze at your wedding?  If so you'll be dealing with a lot of drunks.  And if you don't people will think you're weird.  Just saying.

And of course I get really sh**tfaced at weddings.  Never have a date and always attempt to boom boom with the bridesmaids.  Or any other single girl for that matter.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #682 on: July 05, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »

This story will be quite funny if you think about it.  It's about our house decorations.  I am a huge red, white, and blue fan as I love this country dearly.  She has a fondness for Oriental things.  She likes Oriental lettering, designs, and yes, Japanese Anime (though, she's not annoying with her anime like some people are.)  Wouldn't it be funny if in our home we have on our living room wall, an American Flag right next to Chinese lettering?  We could have a caption under the photographs saying, America - Made in China!!!

The term Oriental is slightly offensive, FWIW.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: July 05, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »

You serving booze at your wedding?  If so you'll be dealing with a lot of drunks.  And if you don't people will think you're weird.  Just saying.

And of course I get really sh**tfaced at weddings.  Never have a date and always attempt to boom boom with the bridesmaids.  Or any other single girl for that matter.

There will be no alcoholic beverages at the wedding.  We had wanted to do a champagne toast, but the church doesn't allow alcohol on church grounds.  It is a very conservative church.  Instead, we're thinking of a white sparkling grape for our toast and possibly some champagne on the honeymoon.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #684 on: July 05, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »

Elope.  I'll cough up the required cash for the magistrate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #685 on: July 05, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »

Elope.  I'll cough up the required cash for the magistrate.

We've already agreed that eloping is not an option.  Plus, in my opinion, eloping takes the joy out of the wedding.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #686 on: July 05, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »

This story will be quite funny if you think about it.  It's about our house decorations.  I am a huge red, white, and blue fan as I love this country dearly.  She has a fondness for Oriental things.  She likes Oriental lettering, designs, and yes, Japanese Anime (though, she's not annoying with her anime like some people are.)  Wouldn't it be funny if in our home we have on our living room wall, an American Flag right next to Chinese lettering?  We could have a caption under the photographs saying, America - Made in China!!!

The term Oriental is slightly offensive, FWIW.

In front of "lettering?"  Any reference to "lettering" seems so outdated that the word "Oriental" in front of it almost seems modern.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #687 on: July 05, 2010, 07:02:10 PM »

We've already agreed that eloping is not an option

Oh come on, be a man! A man! If you're able to enforce your will now, she will dominate over you for ever. Be a man, BushOK, be a man! Show her already, who's the boss!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How the hell pretensious ceremony have more joy than cool eloping?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #688 on: July 05, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »

I would think that nobody is "the boss" in a loving relationship.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #689 on: July 05, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »

There will be no alcoholic beverages at the wedding.  We had wanted to do a champagne toast, but the church doesn't allow alcohol on church grounds.  It is a very conservative church.  Instead, we're thinking of a white sparkling grape for our toast and possibly some champagne on the honeymoon.

Wait, u didn't get a hall outside the church?  Damn that sucks.  Think a lot of people will be brining flasks to the wedding. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: July 05, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »

Correct.  As the man, I am the head of the household and will generally have the final say, but she will have just as much authority as I will in the house, and I will never contradict her authority nor will she ever contradict my authority.  If we disagree on an issue, especially with our future children, we will never contradict each other in front of the kids and will discuss it later, in private.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #691 on: July 06, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »

Correct.  As the man, I am the head of the household and will generally have the final say, but she will have just as much authority as I will in the house, and I will never contradict her authority nor will she ever contradict my authority.  If we disagree on an issue, especially with our future children, we will never contradict each other in front of the kids and will discuss it later, in private.

lulz. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #692 on: July 06, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »

Correct.  As the man, I am the head of the household and will generally have the final say

You just contradicted the statement you were apparently agreeing to.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #693 on: July 06, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »

lulz. 

He apparently hasn't met my parents.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »

9 months from today I will be a married man.

One of our main projects for the remainder of July is to get registered for our gifts.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #695 on: July 12, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »

lulz. 

indeed. lulz to the max!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #696 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:14 PM »

Disturbing.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #697 on: July 12, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »

Just for the record, when Andrew and I move in together next month I am the head of the household and he will obey me.

*Awaits s**tstorm tomorrow* Grin
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #698 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »

Just for the record, when Andrew and I move in together next month I am the head of the household and he will obey me.

*Awaits s**tstorm tomorrow* Grin

Well, being bald is an indication of manliness, I suppose.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #699 on: July 12, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »

Yep, I have so much testosterone it pushed all the hair out of my head and makes folk listen up Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies