Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 07:01:12 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 236210 times)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: December 06, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »
Ignore

My question is not why you're attacking me, but why you are constantly attacking my friends and family?

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:23 pm »
Ignore

My question is not why you're attacking me, but why you are constantly attacking my friends and family?

They've clearly given you horrendous advice in both love and work.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:25 pm »
Ignore

Uh, no, they have not.  Quite the contrary, actually.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 06, 2010, 11:06:40 pm »
Ignore

They're the ones who told you to go ahead with the ON Company thing. A few months ago for kicks when I was talking to my mom I told her I was quitting my job with no notice for something that I described just like it. She immediately asked me if I was joking, to which I confirmed.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 06, 2010, 11:09:08 pm »
Ignore

If that's the case, then whose advice have you actually been listening to?
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 06, 2010, 11:09:32 pm »
Ignore

What "other little issue"? Any rational person would've confirmed the ON Company gig was a scam which would take as Franzl said maybe a 5 minute Google search (if you even bothered to research it as it was kind of blatantly obvious from the start.)

Right. Any rational person would pick up on a scam. I wonder what type of person wouldn't. Hmmm. Now let's think this one out.

Someone who has serious issues with taking things on blind faith? Of course there is also the obvious bad guidance from friends and parents obviously present here too.

Or...

You know what I'm getting at. You're just choosing to be your usual asshole self.

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

I am at the stage where I treat all this as fake and an elaborate troll.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:11:05 pm by patrick1 »Logged
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »
Ignore

What "other little issue"? Any rational person would've confirmed the ON Company gig was a scam which would take as Franzl said maybe a 5 minute Google search (if you even bothered to research it as it was kind of blatantly obvious from the start.)

Right. Any rational person would pick up on a scam. I wonder what type of person wouldn't. Hmmm. Now let's think this one out.

Someone who has serious issues with taking things on blind faith? Of course there is also the obvious bad guidance from friends and parents obviously present here too.

Or...

You know what I'm getting at. You're just choosing to be your usual asshole self.

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

Yes. One can brush up here: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.0

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 06, 2010, 11:31:32 pm »
Ignore

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

I left because of this. It became depressing.

He would be the most elaborate troll ever. He's definitely real. For him to be fake, his Facebook would have to be one of the best fake outs.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 06, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »
Ignore

You left a year before he quit his job.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2384 on: December 06, 2010, 11:40:02 pm »
Ignore

Paradoxically the very worst advice you can give someone like BushOklahoma (assuming reality and so on) is to tell him to pull himself up by his bootstraps, take responsibility for his own actions and so on. Two reasons for this. The first is that he may end up topping himself (sorry to be so flippant, but it happens). The second, and this is actually quite disturbing, is that he's actually trying to do that anyway. That's why he's in the mess that he's apparently in, more or less. The nonsense about God dealing with everything for him is a coping mechanism, his way of staying 'sane'. Read between the lines and things are even worse than you all presume, either way.

Or so I think anyway. But I then I'm not a particularly nice person and tend not to see the best in others.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:05 pm »
Ignore

What is the better way, Al, and why?

WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: December 06, 2010, 11:43:57 pm »
Ignore

bushie: what did they tell you when they fired you?

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2387 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »
Ignore

Accept - really accept - that he's never going to make it financially and that there are no quick fixes to his problems. Assuming that all he has said is right, that's one of the main problems; he's clearly greedy in more ways than one and lacks the intelligence to make it work for him. That would seem to be the best way of avoiding the seriously grim ending that looks likely. He needs to change the way he thinks about the world, and his goals in it.

That's not to say that an element of personal responsibility would be a bad thing, just that it would be better for his mental health if it were aimed at specific things (like changing his diet so that he doesn't die within the next five years) rather than at his general plight.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: December 07, 2010, 12:04:19 am »
Ignore

Agreed.  Now, has Bushie been mocked on here?  Yes, has he become a bit of a punching bag?  Yes.  However, when it comes down to actual serious issues (such as the whole job situation and the scams) I think the vast majority of us have tried to give him actual advice.  When you leave a job to take on something that 5 minutes or hell 5 seconds of research would tell you is a scam, you have a bunch of people telling you its a scam, but you have your belief and God and your parents tell you to take a leap of faith, and you use that belief and faith and quit that job and take it, something is seriously wrong.   You shouldn't be asking God on whether or not you should quit your job and take something else, and just use blind faith as reasoning and excuses on why you can't find anything about the company or why those telling you its a scam is wrong.

If someone wants to ask God for guidance they should do so.  However, a major difference exists between asking God for guidance, and having blind faith

You are right that Bushie has other problems that haven't been discussed.  I think that is pretty much obvious to everyone here.  The issue is whether or not you add to those problems or not.  Having the blind faith, and letting that blind faith take over any kind of rationale thought compounds those problems, it makes them worse, and is just plain dangerous.  

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 07, 2010, 12:12:15 am »
Ignore

I left during his dating drama. It's all the same thing.

I love how even after the guy says he doesn't expect God to do everything for him, people still insist that he expects it.

You are right that Bushie has other problems that haven't been discussed.  I think that is pretty much obvious to everyone here.  The issue is whether or not you add to those problems or not.  Having the blind faith, and letting that blind faith take over any kind of rationale thought compounds those problems, it makes them worse, and is just plain dangerous. 

Those other problems are the root cause for all of this. We all know it. I'm glad you admit it, Smash. The problem is getting others to admit it and they won't because then it won't be fun anymore.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: December 07, 2010, 12:18:47 am »
Ignore

Accept - really accept - that he's never going to make it financially and that there are no quick fixes to his problems. Assuming that all he has said is right, that's one of the main problems; he's clearly greedy in more ways than one and lacks the intelligence to make it work for him. That would seem to be the best way of avoiding the seriously grim ending that looks likely. He needs to change the way he thinks about the world, and his goals in it.

That's not to say that an element of personal responsibility would be a bad thing, just that it would be better for his mental health if it were aimed at specific things (like changing his diet so that he doesn't die within the next five years) rather than at his general plight.

That is what I focused on almost exclusively - his diet. There was zero interest; I might as well have been shouting to myself alone in the shower.  It may be, that Bushie just needs to hit bottom, and at that point, either die or change. (Alas, I have learned all too much about mental illness and addiction of late.) But that is a last resort. What Bushie really needs is courage. How does one find that? And his parents of course need to cease being enablers. Without that, the man will probably die, if I had to guess. Sad

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: December 07, 2010, 12:47:10 am »
Ignore

Just because he posts this stuff here doesn't mean you should be nasty to him. Can you? Sure. Should you? No. Give him advice and tell him when you think he's wrong but don't bash him for asking for guidance from God. And laughing at him for losing his job is just totally inexcusable.

Yeah, we all tried that.  Seriously, you need to read the "I have a new job!!" thread, start to finish.

We're on the same page about the unspoken other issues, btw.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: December 07, 2010, 12:48:05 am »
Ignore

I left during his dating drama. It's all the same thing.

I love how even after the guy says he doesn't expect God to do everything for him, people still insist that he expects it.

Because we have been down this road before.

Things actually got even worse after you left.  The issue is that he used his blind faith in God as a reason why this or that would work out despite everyone on here telling him not to fall for it.  He will then say he learned his lesson, but then does something very similar and again will use his blind faith in God as his reasoning.  

You are right that Bushie has other problems that haven't been discussed.  I think that is pretty much obvious to everyone here.  The issue is whether or not you add to those problems or not.  Having the blind faith, and letting that blind faith take over any kind of rationale thought compounds those problems, it makes them worse, and is just plain dangerous. 

Those other problems are the root cause for all of this. We all know it. I'm glad you admit it, Smash. The problem is getting others to admit it and they won't because then it won't be fun anymore.

He has other problems yes, but having the blind faith makes a bad situation even worse.   Having his friends and family put even more ideas of taking that leap of faith, and don't worry God will take care of you and stuff like that is extremely dangerous to someone who already has a bunch of problems.  Keep in mind many of these are th.e same people who gave him that brutal on company advice or the Ameriplan crap

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: December 07, 2010, 12:50:30 am »
Ignore

Guys, I don't have a mental illness.  All of my mental faculties are operable and working.  You must not have heard me (or chose to ignore) earlier when I said my only problem is I jump into things too quickly.  I rush my decisions, and that's what gets me in trouble.  It's not that I'm somehow less mentally capable than most people, but I just rush things.

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:56 am »
Ignore

Guys, I don't have a mental illness.  All of my mental faculties are operable and working.  You must not have heard me (or chose to ignore) earlier when I said my only problem is I jump into things too quickly.  I rush my decisions, and that's what gets me in trouble.  It's not that I'm somehow less mentally capable than most people, but I just rush things.

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

With the on company thing.  Who were the ones telling you to go for it?  Who were the ones telling you to have that leap of faith, and belief in God?  And who were the ones basically jumping up and down telling you to stop?  and not get involved?  and that it was a scam?

I'm not trying to bash your family or your friends, I'm sure they all love you and want things to turn out right for you, but they have given you some absolutely brutal advice.  Quite simply if you listened to the advice of the people on here rather than them, you wouldn't have fallen for the crap you did and wouldn't be in the situation you are currently in.

RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: December 07, 2010, 01:37:51 am »
Ignore

Guys, I don't have a mental illness.  All of my mental faculties are operable and working.  You must not have heard me (or chose to ignore) earlier when I said my only problem is I jump into things too quickly.  I rush my decisions, and that's what gets me in trouble.  It's not that I'm somehow less mentally capable than most people, but I just rush things.

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

With the on company thing.  Who were the ones telling you to go for it?  Who were the ones telling you to have that leap of faith, and belief in God?  And who were the ones basically jumping up and down telling you to stop?  and not get involved?  and that it was a scam?

I'm not trying to bash your family or your friends, I'm sure they all love you and want things to turn out right for you, but they have given you some absolutely brutal advice.  Quite simply if you listened to the advice of the people on here rather than them, you wouldn't have fallen for the crap you did and wouldn't be in the situation you are currently in.

Agreed although some people, as Phil said, are getting their jollies off a man who's now unemployed which I think is very f'ed up.  I've been there for 13 months dealing with a barrage  of interviews and being told I was a "finalist" like American Idol, but didn't get the job.  I would not want to do a call center job. 

Bushie, my recommendation is zero in like hell on getting a Federal job at Tinker and be on USAJOBS DAILY.  You will have security and not have to watch every dumb move (I've seen a lot of GS-13s screw around), worry about whether some higher up is looking at how heavy you are (been there, damn there are some heavier people than me as Fed employees so I don't have to worry much there) and if you show a decent work ethic, people will appreciate it.

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: December 07, 2010, 05:32:43 am »
Ignore

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.

Then why do you use this forum as your personal life journal?  If you're not getting anything out of it, why are you posting every detail of your life here?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
afleitch
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: December 07, 2010, 07:31:41 am »

Please stop posting Bush. I'm not interested; have some dignity and keep things private.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:59 am »
Ignore

How can "taking a blind leap of faith" possibly be good
advice??
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: December 07, 2010, 08:44:26 am »
Ignore

This thread already stopped to be even remotely funny. Now, it all makes me scream.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout