Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 04:16:13 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 224358 times)
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: December 07, 2010, 08:58:56 am »
Ignore

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

I left because of this. It became depressing.

So you're just gonna start back up again?Huh  How about just don't click on the thread?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:02:32 am by (In)Fidel »Logged

Why not just ban the entire forum except Gully and Oakvale?

It would simply be the logical conclusion of the current ban-wave.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:31 am »
Ignore

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

Again, then why even bother with us?  We've been trying to help from the very beginning and you don't take any of our advice.  And now you're mad because we're not coddling you and telling you everything is ok?  It's not, you've made a series of terrible decisions that we all warned you about.  Now none of us take you seriously because you had the information and knowledge not to do the definitively stupid things you have.  You're clearly just looking for some bizarre pat on the back for being strong.  This is not the place to find a bunch of yes-men that will just tell you you're doing great when you're not.
Fourth of July Bushie
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 07, 2010, 11:13:03 am »
Ignore

Torie is right, I need courage and this forum is pretty doggone crappy about encouraging someone.  My parents are not enablers, they try to tell me what is best, but sometimes I just go full throttle into my decisions and end up falling flat on my face.  I have the best support group of friends and family.

Again, then why even bother with us?  We've been trying to help from the very beginning and you don't take any of our advice.  And now you're mad because we're not coddling you and telling you everything is ok?  It's not, you've made a series of terrible decisions that we all warned you about.  Now none of us take you seriously because you had the information and knowledge not to do the definitively stupid things you have.  You're clearly just looking for some bizarre pat on the back for being strong.  This is not the place to find a bunch of yes-men that will just tell you you're doing great when you're not.

I'm not expecting "yes-men" out of the forum, but I also don't expect downright mock and ridicule.  I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but that was primarily in the 3rd quarter.  Getting fired from Sprint was not a mistake on my part, so you can't hold me to that.  There is a difference between "yes-men" and encouragement.  "Yes-men" are, IMO, the opposite of encouraging.  Encouraging, to me, means not coming down hard on someone because they are human, because they made a mistake, and definitely not because they are trusting in their God.  Criticizing someone's religion is really below the belt.  You accuse me of not listening to you, but you do a pretty good job of not listening to me, either.  Yesterday is a prime example, I posted my approach to, and reasons for using, my relationship with Christ.  Yet, you guys kept accusing me of everything under the sun and misusing religion, without taking into account what I'm saying.  I'm also offended because people have gone so far as to think I have mental problems.  Is trusting in your God a "mental problem".

Everybody here is quick to point out what's wrong with other people, but will not even consider that they might actually be doing things wrong, themselves.  The Bible says, why are you trying to take the dirt out of your brother's eye when you have a log in your own eye?  You seem to think that all of your responses are 100% correct and Phil's response and my response is 100% wrong.

The problem does not lie with me, it lies elsewhere.

Also, have you ever heard the verse that says "Judge not, lest you be judged"?  You are being really quick to pass judgement on me and my family and friends, but have not passed one iota of judgement on yourselves.

I will continue, however, to keep you updated, but I ask that you be slower to judge and don't criticize me for my faith in God.

You are that rare species: a Bible-thumpin' Liberal.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:47 am »
Ignore

So if you don't want people to judge your actions.....why do you bore us with every detail of your life?

Do you just want people to do what your Facebook friends are all saying, as in "just wait to see what God has planned for you!"?

What is it you want? You can't even recognize that your parents might have given you bad advice....and anyone that says something to that extent is being "too quick to judge"?

Stop bullsh**tting us.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:07 am »
Ignore

Seriously, anyone who uses the forum as a personal livejournal I'd argue is fair game. I'm sure plenty others here have made mistakes or stupid decisions, they just aren't mocked because they aren't posting every mundane detail of their lives on this forum.

Famous True Leftists:

afleitch
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:57 am »

So if you don't want people to judge your actions.....why do you bore us with every detail of your life?

Do you just want people to do what your Facebook friends are all saying, as in "just wait to see what God has planned for you!"?

What is it you want? You can't even recognize that your parents might have given you bad advice....and anyone that says something to that extent is being "too quick to judge"?

Stop bullsh**tting us.

I'm with Franzl.

Bushie, you are one of the most self obsessed people on this forum. Stop posting this sh-t if you don't want people to comment on it.

But of course - you love it really. You always have.

President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:58 am »
Ignore

I think BushOK needs some tough love, and someone in his inner circle needs to say look, you've made some mistakes, you messed up, and you need to get working. Things are bad, but things aren't a lost cause quite yet. It's time to, as I've said numerous times, take life by the horns, pick yourself up, and keep going. Maybe next time, don't choose a job where you are at an inherent disadvantage with your tourettes.

Let me spin some god for a second. In my opinion, god doesn't want you to sit around and make nothing of your life. He doesn't want you to act helpless and let the gift of life he gave you pass you by! That's almost an insult to him! Pick yourself up, tell God you need him to be there for you, and go out and find a job and make the most of this gift he gave you! You can do it! We are all rooting for you! I'm still waiting for that wedding so Flyers, Torie and I can smuggle in the booze! Let's get to work!

Hotter than a middle eastern climate
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 07, 2010, 11:44:46 am »
Ignore

Ok, you guys are gonna get Father Phil all fired up......so stop it.  Roll Eyes

Why not just ban the entire forum except Gully and Oakvale?

It would simply be the logical conclusion of the current ban-wave.
Fourth of July Bushie
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 07, 2010, 11:59:23 am »
Ignore

I think BushOK needs some tough love, and someone in his inner circle needs to say look, you've made some mistakes, you messed up, and you need to get working. Things are bad, but things aren't a lost cause quite yet. It's time to, as I've said numerous times, take life by the horns, pick yourself up, and keep going. Maybe next time, don't choose a job where you are at an inherent disadvantage with your tourettes.

Let me spin some god for a second. In my opinion, god doesn't want you to sit around and make nothing of your life. He doesn't want you to act helpless and let the gift of life he gave you pass you by! That's almost an insult to him! Pick yourself up, tell God you need him to be there for you, and go out and find a job and make the most of this gift he gave you! You can do it! We are all rooting for you! I'm still waiting for that wedding so Flyers, Torie and I can smuggle in the booze! Let's get to work!

Exactly, I agree with this statement 100%.

Now, on to the job search.  In this job search, while I will take almost anything, I cannot take just anything.  Taking just anything has burned me 4 times in the past 6 months.  I've got a couple companies that I'm going to try for, but from my mother's advice and wishes, I am going to wait until after Christmas to apply.  In the next 2 weeks, I am going to dig and find the point of contact for this company and then probably the Tuesday after Christmas, I am going to call that contact and see if they're either in their office or if they're on a extended Christmas Break.  If they are then I will call again and apply on Monday, January 3, 2011, after we get New Year's out of the way.  This company is OG&E, our electric company.  I have 2 years experience with the Gas Company, so it should easier to get on with the Electric Company.  Then, after Christmas, I am also going to apply with the State of Oklahoma and at Tinker, again.  Mom doesn't want me to apply to those places now, with the exception of maybe Tinker, because she doesn't want anything more to ruin my Christmas trip to Florida and waste my money.

I've got a few must-stay-away-from industries now: MLM's, Vacuum Cleaners, most sales, and call centers.

This may not be the best course of action, but given the circumstances and the time of year, it'll have to do.  However, early in the morning on Monday, January 3, 2011, I am going to get started in earnest and make the job search my full-time job until I find a full-time job.  I am praying that I have a job by February 1.

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 07, 2010, 12:01:37 pm »
Ignore

He should just go work at a Burger King for a while or something.

truth serum
President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 07, 2010, 12:03:03 pm »
Ignore

It also happens that the Lord loves Whoppers! It's a start.

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 07, 2010, 12:05:18 pm »
Ignore

I do think it's cool how the Tourette's hint/foreshadowing from a while back finally played a role in the bigger story.

truth serum
President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 07, 2010, 12:05:38 pm »
Ignore

Your mom told you to wait till the new year to apply anywhere? Looks like the quality of advice remains the same.

Don't wait. Move as quickly as possible

President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 07, 2010, 12:08:40 pm »
Ignore

I do think it's cool how the Tourette's hint/foreshadowing from a while back finally played a role in the bigger story.

You wonder how his mother's current advice is going to play in the future. Perhaps the new year will see mass layoffs where getting a job would be impossible? Will he meet a lady while unemployed before new years? You know that little caveat will be important in the future.

I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 07, 2010, 12:09:43 pm »
Ignore

Yep, quality of parents' advice remains the same. At least hit up some temp agencies in the meantime. Really you would've been better off with temp agencies instead of all the crap you've had in the meantime (actually even McDonald's would serve you better.)

Famous True Leftists:

fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: December 07, 2010, 12:24:32 pm »
Ignore

That's what I said a while ago!  Just go for something simple where you can apply in person and get started right away.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 07, 2010, 12:38:02 pm »
Ignore

I'm not expecting "yes-men" out of the forum, but I also don't expect downright mock and ridicule.  I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but that was primarily in the 3rd quarter.  Getting fired from Sprint was not a mistake on my part, so you can't hold me to that.  There is a difference between "yes-men" and encouragement.  "Yes-men" are, IMO, the opposite of encouraging.  Encouraging, to me, means not coming down hard on someone because they are human, because they made a mistake, and definitely not because they are trusting in their God.  Criticizing someone's religion is really below the belt.  You accuse me of not listening to you, but you do a pretty good job of not listening to me, either.  Yesterday is a prime example, I posted my approach to, and reasons for using, my relationship with Christ.  Yet, you guys kept accusing me of everything under the sun and misusing religion, without taking into account what I'm saying.  I'm also offended because people have gone so far as to think I have mental problems.  Is trusting in your God a "mental problem".

Everybody here is quick to point out what's wrong with other people, but will not even consider that they might actually be doing things wrong, themselves.  The Bible says, why are you trying to take the dirt out of your brother's eye when you have a log in your own eye?  You seem to think that all of your responses are 100% correct and Phil's response and my response is 100% wrong.

The problem does not lie with me, it lies elsewhere.

Also, have you ever heard the verse that says "Judge not, lest you be judged"?  You are being really quick to pass judgement on me and my family and friends, but have not passed one iota of judgement on yourselves.

I will continue, however, to keep you updated, but I ask that you be slower to judge and don't criticize me for my faith in God.

Moral of the story: "it's not my fault".

And now you're just letting Phil come up with your gripes for you.  No one's shitting on you for anything other than your direct actions.  If you don't want people to tell you you fucked up, then don't tell us all about how much you fucked up.  It doesn't really matter what you say you're doing because your posts provide a stark contrast between your words and actions.  Franzl and afleitch are right, the whole thing's bullshit.  We all tried to help and you say you take our advice and then you go and sign up for a bunch of scams.  There's a difference between judging someone for making mistakes and for blatantly repeating the same mistakes they were warned about countless times.  I don't think you're that stupid to really believe it when you say you're being victimized by all us meanies.  It's more mean to lie to someone's face and tell them they're doing great when they're not.  So that's why I think the whole thing's bullshit and you're loving the 163 pages of undivided attention, you're just pissed it's not all positive.  Same thing goes for these ridiculous proposals after what, a month?  If you want everyone to love you and tell you how great you're doing, do something great for once.  Finally learn from your mistakes, finally make a change, do anything.

And again, I really want to know whose advice you actually have been taking, because if your friends and parents are giving you such good advice, you're obviously not listening to them either.

It's pretty embarrassing to see you accuse me of being judgmental when my display name is Michael Vick.  CLEARLY I'm just a judgmental douche who hates everyone who makes mistakes...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:40:53 pm by Michael Vick »Logged
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 07, 2010, 12:45:07 pm »
Ignore

The problem I'm having here: people are criticizing BushOK for not listening to good advice, etc. but all of that has exactly zero to do with what has just happened to him in the last week short of the minor point of being dispirited and not wanting to apply for new jobs right away. He did everything right as far as Sprint goes and it's not his fault that it didn't work out. That's a hell of a lot to go through.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 07, 2010, 12:52:33 pm »
Ignore

The problem I'm having here: people are criticizing BushOK for not listening to good advice, etc. but all of that has exactly zero to do with what has just happened to him in the last week short of the minor point of being dispirited and not wanting to apply for new jobs right away. He did everything right as far as Sprint goes and it's not his fault that it didn't work out. That's a hell of a lot to go through.

Yeah, and we just very briefly criticized his attitude that "God will fix it" and he should just wait.  Then it just melted down when people decided to criticize us for being vindictive and anti-religious.
Fourth of July Bushie
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 07, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, and we just very briefly criticized his attitude that "God will fix it" and he should just wait.  Then it just melted down when people decided to criticize us for being vindictive and anti-religious.

I'm not meaning to come down harsh on anyone here.  While I appreciate what Phil is saying, I don't necessarily agree with all of it.  I apologize for letting this conversation degenerate into the blame game.  That was not my original intention.  My attitude of "God can fix it", comes down to one simple attitude that I must carry with me.  That is, I am not discouraged at all.  In fact, I just now received from a firm.  I'm not going to take the job because it's a event-marketing firm and I tried that before in Kansas City and Dallas and made it a grand total of 1 week for both places combined.  So, I know the jobs are out there.  To brittain's point, I'm not dispirited at all about this.  I am just waiting to do major job search until after Christmas.  I've got a vacation that I've had planned since the middle of June that I can now take advantage of and i don't want to give that up again.  I need this vacation.  True, I need a job more, but I need this vacation to get away from Oklahoma and spend time with my niece whom I haven't seen in 2 years.  That's where my mother is coming from.  She knows me, she knows I need a job, but she also knows I need a vacation.  She will help me with my bills the next month or so.  I promised her, though, that early in the morning on Monday, January 3, 2011 that I will get busy.  I'll even do a little bit the last few days of December.  She is also coming from the perspective of employers, that it would be very hard to find anything right now with the Holidays.  If this were before Thanksgiving, then I would be trying to find any kind of seasonal job I can find.  Since it's only 2 weeks until Christmas, it would take that long just to go through the interview process at really legit companies.

Again, I'm not meaning to come down hard on anybody here, or accuse anybody of this or that.  I've just had a rough 24 hours and it was just boiling over.

Those fly-by-night mistakes I made were largely made in late July and August, if you recall.  The last mistake I made was trying Kirby and I did that at the end of August.  I got smart and quit Kirby and Ameriplan at the beginning of September and then it wasn't too long after that before I got the job at Sprint.  I don't consider applying for Sprint a mistake at all, and I don't believe you guys see that as a mistake, either.  I was trying my best to find meaningful employment and Sprint is at least a stable company.  I thought was doing mighty fine there all the up until the end of last week.  Everything just came to a head and I found myself being escorted out yesterday.

farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 07, 2010, 01:16:59 pm »
Ignore

If you have tourettes, why the f*** were you working at a call centre?
Not going to read through the remaining five pages, but Tourette's Syndrome can work in many ways. Not everybody with Tourette's does the famous cursing thing.
And Bushie's told us before that he has (non-cursing) Tourette's.

I may conceivably reconsider.

Knowing me it's more likely than not.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 07, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »
Ignore

He has other problems yes, but having the blind faith makes a bad situation even worse.   Having his friends and family put even more ideas of taking that leap of faith, and don't worry God will take care of you and stuff like that is extremely dangerous to someone who already has a bunch of problems.  Keep in mind many of these are th.e same people who gave him that brutal on company advice or the Ameriplan crap

I don't know how else to get this through to you: the "blind faith" and everything else is the result of the other issues so stop blaming that.

Grazie, Capitano!
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 07, 2010, 01:59:01 pm »
Ignore

Phil, you were gone from the forum for a lot of this nonsense.  You would be a lot less white knightish had you been here.  It is not any attack on faith but a product of exasperation at this point.

I left because of this. It became depressing.

So you're just gonna start back up again?Huh  How about just don't click on the thread?

Because I knew from other sources that he was going through a hard time and didn't want to have people continue to beat up on him without anyone defending him. Don't like it? Don't like my "finger wagging?" Then how about you don't click on it.

Grazie, Capitano!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 07, 2010, 01:59:29 pm »
Ignore

He has other problems yes, but having the blind faith makes a bad situation even worse.   Having his friends and family put even more ideas of taking that leap of faith, and don't worry God will take care of you and stuff like that is extremely dangerous to someone who already has a bunch of problems.  Keep in mind many of these are th.e same people who gave him that brutal on company advice or the Ameriplan crap

I don't know how else to get this through to you: the "blind faith" and everything else is the result of the other issues so stop blaming that.

You still don't get what we're saying... Roll Eyes
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2424 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »
Ignore

If you have tourettes, why the f*** were you working at a call centre?
Not going to read through the remaining five pages, but Tourette's Syndrome can work in many ways. Not everybody with Tourette's does the famous cursing thing.
And Bushie's told us before that he has (non-cursing) Tourette's.

Yeah, I know that. But even so, having any sort of problem with tics and working in a call centre? Admittedly I'd be more sympathetic if this thread didn't have the title it does, given his repeated (failed) attempts to exploit other people.

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout