Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:53:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 236146 times)
RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: December 09, 2010, 02:49:29 am »
Ignore

I for one don't believe Bushie has any really serious mental issues. When you look at the things that happened to him over the course of the past thread and a half, you can see that he did indeed make some stupid decisions that he ought to have thought trough more. But fast decision-making is a character flaw more than anything else. You guys are all flawless? Because I sure as hell am not.

Then there is him heavy relying on his family's advice and his faith, which is a problem because all of us also'd rather listen to a random internet forum than to our relatives when faced with serious life choices. Seriously how can you criticize the guy for that stuff? It's not as if you are allowing a poll on the internet decide whether or not to take a job offer or to have an abortion.

Actually, if you did do that, you might not be the peron to give Bushie advice. Get out of this thread!

Sure there's the fetish with dates and feasts and so on, but how normal do you guys think making maps of foreign elections looks to the average person? I know from personal experience (yes, let's go down that road since I won't be the first to make some bogus claims about my own personal experience with mental issues on here) that some idiosyncrasies and/or weird behaviour have never killed a man.

The cat episode isn't that abnormal either: He lost his job, his relationship and the respect of an entire internet bulletin board over the course of a  a couple of months. You'd be emotional for less.

Well we're all on here due to our obsessions with politics, geography, history, etc.  Hell I have people think I'm strange for knowing the Senators, Congressmen, districts, etc.  The sad thing is this saga has it's entertainment value despite the unfortunate circumstances a man is going through, but decides to air it out on an internet Forum.  For crying out loud most of us are 1. male and 2. not so smooth with the opposite sex.  I'll be the 1st to admit some of the BushOK stories, I can well... relate to.  I've dealt with weight issues.  I've dealt with bitchy women.  I guess the difference between me and him is I recover/move on more quickly and hold women less on a pedestal which for the most part comes with age/experience.  I hate to say it many of us, myself included, find this thread somehow addicting and entertaining.  For BushOK's sake well I have to ask him... Are you/have you been offended by what is posted here by myself or anyone else?  I think for the most part the guys in here are trying to be helpful, but can't help be entertained at the same time.  Those are my 2 cents.

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: December 09, 2010, 04:56:10 am »
Ignore

For BushOK's sake well I have to ask him... Are you/have you been offended by what is posted here by myself or anyone else?  I think for the most part the guys in here are trying to be helpful, but can't help be entertained at the same time.  Those are my 2 cents.

I would still like to hear some kind of coherent explanation from Bushie as to why he is posting every detail of his life here?  What is he getting out of it?  Because I still don't get it.  I understand posting big news, like "I'm engaged" or what have you, but why go into all this gory detail?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: December 09, 2010, 12:03:45 pm »
Ignore

For BushOK's sake well I have to ask him... Are you/have you been offended by what is posted here by myself or anyone else?  I think for the most part the guys in here are trying to be helpful, but can't help be entertained at the same time.  Those are my 2 cents.

I would still like to hear some kind of coherent explanation from Bushie as to why he is posting every detail of his life here?  What is he getting out of it?  Because I still don't get it.  I understand posting big news, like "I'm engaged" or what have you, but why go into all this gory detail?

That's kind of why I feel mocking him for it is fair game. If people were just bringing this stuff off Facebook to mock him it'd be one thing (although even on Facebook this level of detail is bizarre), but he is feeding everyone exactly what they need to make fun of him. Please note back when he was posting all the boring details of his Sprint job and everyone was saying they didn't care and it wasn't entertaining yet he continued.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »
Ignore

Maybe he doesn't want granny getting gateraped?
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: December 09, 2010, 01:16:00 pm »
Ignore

She could fly by herself if she had to, but she would feel a whole lot safer if I were with her.  She would have to deal with the Atlanta airport all by herself.  I've been through the Atlanta airport numerous times and it's definitely not easy to get around.  It is the world's busiest airport, after all.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: December 09, 2010, 04:06:02 pm »
Ignore

I've been taking a look on Career Builder and I'm not finding a whole lot out there that's not call center or sales or marketing.  I guess I'll have to either look deeper or look elsewhere.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: December 09, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »
Ignore

Olds deteriorate (both mentally and physically) at vastly different rates. Just because your grandmother can do something doesn't mean that Bushie's can.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: December 09, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »
Ignore

I've been taking a look on Career Builder and I'm not finding a whole lot out there that's not call center or sales or marketing.  I guess I'll have to either look deeper or look elsewhere.
Well, yeah. Get off the internet and pound the pavement. Talk to people at your church and see if they (or anybody they know) know of any job openings. Huge numbers of people get their jobs by knowing somebody. I worked for a few different friends' parents when I was younger. Your best bet for immediate employment (which is what you need) is grocery/retail/food service. Doesn't mean you have to stop looking for a higher quality job.

I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: December 09, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »
Ignore

That's kind of why I feel mocking him for it is fair game.

As I've said about a million times now, him posting every detail is a sign of other issues. BRTD will continue to ignore it because it would mean he can't entertain himself with this stuff but others (including BushOK himself at one point!) hint at the fairly obvious other condition he might have concerning obsession over the most ridiculous details.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: December 09, 2010, 04:32:01 pm »
Ignore

That's kind of why I feel mocking him for it is fair game.

As I've said about a million times now, him posting every detail is a sign of other issues. BRTD will continue to ignore it because it would mean he can't entertain himself with this stuff but others (including BushOK himself at one point!) hint at the fairly obvious other condition he might have concerning obsession over the most ridiculous details.

Yes, we all know BushOK has catatonic schizophrenia, no need to belabor the obvious.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: December 09, 2010, 04:53:55 pm »
Ignore

Well, yeah. Get off the internet and pound the pavement. Talk to people at your church and see if they (or anybody they know) know of any job openings. Huge numbers of people get their jobs by knowing somebody. I worked for a few different friends' parents when I was younger. Your best bet for immediate employment (which is what you need) is grocery/retail/food service. Doesn't mean you have to stop looking for a higher quality job.

I do have a retail application in the pipeline right now, with Conn's Appliance and Electronics.  I hope to hear something from them tomorrow.  It sounds promising, because they gave me a phone interview the day after I applied.  To be honest, though, she didn't give any hints as to my chances or lack thereof.

Just using pure logic (a sometimes dangerous and occasionally expensive proposition for me), I think if they hire me, that I wouldn't start until January 3.  December 27 at the earliest.  Simply because they probably wouldn't hire me until next week at the earliest and I would have to spend an entire week in Dallas training before going to a store up here.  I don't think they would want to ruin their own Christmas weekend, because they are closed on Christmas, and they may like to take a Christmas Vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's.

So, I'm not seeing anything right now that would interrupt my vacation.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 09, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
Ignore

and they may like to take a Christmas Vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's.

I wouldn't assume that. Just be ready for anything.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 09, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »
Ignore

and they may like to take a Christmas Vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's.

I wouldn't assume that. Just be ready for anything.

Oh, I am, trust me!!

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 09, 2010, 06:08:35 pm »
Ignore

Why would an electronics retailer need to send somebody hundreds of miles for training? I've done my fair share of retail jobs. You hire people who have an interest in the commodity (in one case, I had to take a knowledge of literature test to get a job at a bookstore) and then give them a week or so to see how the store is run shadowing a current employee. We don't have whoever this is in Memphis, but I sure as hell can't see Best Buy sending a generic low level employee out of town for training.

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:48 pm »
Ignore

Thanks to the BRTD, I read the entire "I have a job, blonta bleetah blooh" thread, and man, I still cant believe all that happened.

I'm gonna start re-reading this thread now.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 09, 2010, 06:27:29 pm »
Ignore

Thanks to the BRTD, I read the entire "I have a job, blonta bleetah blooh" thread, and man, I still cant believe all that happened.

I'm gonna start re-reading this thread now.

That'll take you a while. Smiley

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 09, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »
Ignore

Why would an electronics retailer need to send somebody hundreds of miles for training? I've done my fair share of retail jobs. You hire people who have an interest in the commodity (in one case, I had to take a knowledge of literature test to get a job at a bookstore) and then give them a week or so to see how the store is run shadowing a current employee. We don't have whoever this is in Memphis, but I sure as hell can't see Best Buy sending a generic low level employee out of town for training.

It's only 3 1/2 hours away for me.  The folks in Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Lake Charles) all go to Houston for their training and the stores in Austin and San Antonio go to San Antonio for theirs.  Dallas hosts the DFW area as well as the Oklahoma City stores.

As for why?  I can't answer that.

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 09, 2010, 10:32:14 pm »
Ignore

She could fly by herself if she had to, but she would feel a whole lot safer if I were with her.  She would have to deal with the Atlanta airport all by herself.  I've been through the Atlanta airport numerous times and it's definitely not easy to get around.  It is the world's busiest airport, after all.

So, you're forgoing a chance at employment and getting your life in order because your capable grandmother may or may not need directions and/or a courtesy cart ride at the Atlanta airport?

She'll be fine.  Just have her show the airline desk clerks her Ameriplan card and they'll take care of the rest.

It's still rather frustrating when you consider how many people with far better work histories than Jeff have to spend months or years unemployed before they finally get an offer.

Life is not fair.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 09, 2010, 10:52:36 pm »
Ignore

So, you're forgoing a chance at employment and getting your life in order because your capable grandmother may or may not need directions and/or a courtesy cart ride at the Atlanta airport?

She'll be fine.  Just have her show the airline desk clerks her Ameriplan card and they'll take care of the rest.

I'm going to still look over the next week, but then starting next weekend, I am going to be getting things ready to go to Florida and making necessary arrangements, such as stopping my mail, and such.  Then, on December 27, I'm going to start looking again.  This is all contingent on what Conn's does.  I'm definitely not going to keep my eyes closes and my ears plugged the next several days.  I need to make a good-faith effort to find something.  If they start me before Christmas, so be it, I'm not going to turn it down.  I'm thinking, though, that if this extends into next week, companies are going to wait until after Christmas to start someone.  Plus, to me, it would be worth it to wait until January to start someone because they wouldn't have to deliver another W-2 for just a week or two of service.  Paperwork and mail costs would go down.

The way I see it is I've basically got 6 more good business days to look before Christmas week, and before I have to get things ready to go on December 20-22.  The only other thing I have after Christmas is just a New Year's Eve party at the church that I'm hosting from 6:30 pm - 1:00 am.

I'm pretty confident and hopeful that if I continue looking now, that I will have a job by the middle of January, at the latest.  My ideal scenario would be find a job now and start Monday, January 3, but at this point I'll take whatever comes my way.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 10, 2010, 02:06:20 am »
Ignore

It's only 3 1/2 hours away for me.  The folks in Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Lake Charles) all go to Houston for their training and the stores in Austin and San Antonio go to San Antonio for theirs.  Dallas hosts the DFW area as well as the Oklahoma City stores.

Sending a newbie entry level hire in retail 3 1/2 hours away for training??   That doesn't pass the smell test.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 10, 2010, 02:09:49 am »
Ignore

So we have another one of those "Sounds legitimate at first glance but is still a scam" type businesses like the Kirby vaccuum place?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 10, 2010, 02:10:27 am »
Ignore

I just spent the last 90 minutes or so looking through Career Builder and I did apply to a job through a temp agency here in OKC.  It is a Tech Support position paying $14.50/hr starting January 10.  As with most staffing company ads, they don't provide the name of the company.  I know I said no call centers, but I broke my own rule with this particular ad.  The $14.50 drew me to it.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:46 am »
Ignore

Sending a newbie entry level hire in retail 3 1/2 hours away for training??   That doesn't pass the smell test.

They're sending me to what I believe is one of their regional headquarters (the other two being in Houston and San Antonio).

It sounds strange, but at least they would be paying the hotel bill and reimbursing the gas and food at the end of the week.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 10, 2010, 02:34:36 am »
Ignore

They're sending me to what I believe is one of their regional headquarters (the other two being in Houston and San Antonio).

It sounds strange, but at least they would be paying the hotel bill and reimbursing the gas and food at the end of the week.

I will say it again, it doesn't pass the smell test. 

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 10, 2010, 02:46:10 am »
Ignore

After doing a little more research the training does seem legit, but Bushie do you realize its a commission only sales position??

Now a commission only retail job probably does have a bit more security than a commission only job selling loans, real estate or hell Kirby products door to door, but do you think you can survive in a commission only environment when you need to be aggressive, meet quotas, etc?

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout