Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 09:20:21 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 233937 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: December 13, 2010, 05:18:25 pm »
Ignore

wonder if brtd is one of 'those people' that phil speaks about...

I've thought that as well and so have others.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: December 13, 2010, 06:32:38 pm »
Ignore

WTF!? Seriously, look for a damn job already. Nobody is going to make you start working before the new year, and if they do, you'll get time off.  If you go in for an interview, just say "I'm sorry, but I planned a vacation around the holidays when I was working at my last place." Most employers arent going to care, seeing as this trip was booked in advance. Plus, its something NOW. In the time you wait, you may end up losing the best job.

But ya know what, your not going to listen to me. Keep taking your parents advise, they have been real gems so far.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:27:50 am by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »Logged

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: December 13, 2010, 06:49:31 pm »
Ignore

has anyone ever noticed that brtd and bushie have some similarities....they both get weird obsessions.

If "weird obsessions" means you have a mental illness, then half the internet needs to be locked up.....and the other half should at least go on meds.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:12 pm »
Ignore

One would have hoped that the new expansion of World of Warcraft would have distracted BushOK enough from posting here, but alas ...

Uh what? BushOK is soooooooooooooooooo far from the stereotypical WoW player. I mean he doesn't even play games besides Wii, and the Wii is almost universally hated among the hardcore gaming subculture.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:50 am »
Ignore

One would have hoped that the new expansion of World of Warcraft would have distracted BushOK enough from posting here, but alas ...

Uh what? BushOK is soooooooooooooooooo far from the stereotypical WoW player. I mean he doesn't even play games besides Wii, and the Wii is almost universally hated among the hardcore gaming subculture.

Yeah, I'm not much of a gamer.  I like the Wii because I don't have the money to get anything else. Smiley

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: December 14, 2010, 12:29:29 am »
Ignore

True.  Its real strength is as a social gaming platform.  Have some mixed company over, play wii sports etc...occasionally play the mario/zelda games (which are excellent).

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: December 14, 2010, 01:44:18 am »
Ignore

Today is Tuesday, and I will probably look on Career Builder again for a little bit today, just to see what's out there.  I also need to get started cleaning this house.  I don't have anywhere to go today, so I should be able to get quite a bit done.  I'm also going to get my suitcase out and slowly get things ready for the trip.  I've got the list made of things to take, now it's about time to start translating the list to the suitcase.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: December 14, 2010, 01:59:45 am »
Ignore

Today is Tuesday, and I will probably look on Career Builder again for a little bit today, just to see what's out there.  I also need to get started cleaning this house.  I don't have anywhere to go today, so I should be able to get quite a bit done.  I'm also going to get my suitcase out and slowly get things ready for the trip.  I've got the list made of things to take, now it's about time to start translating the list to the suitcase.

....how long are you going away for? and when are you going?

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 14, 2010, 02:08:00 am »
Ignore

I'll be in Jacksonville, Florida for 64 hours 17 minutes (1:13 pm ET 12/23/10 - 5:30 am ET 12/26/10)

I'll be away from Oklahoma for 73 hours 57 minutes (7:50 am CT 12/23/10 - 9:47 am CT)

I'll be away from my home for 95 hours 30 minutes (12:00 pm CT 12/22/10 - 11:30 am CT 12/26/10)

Any question?

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51:56 am »
Ignore

Today is Tuesday, and I will probably look on Career Builder again for a little bit today, just to see what's out there.  I also need to get started cleaning this house.  I don't have anywhere to go today, so I should be able to get quite a bit done.  I'm also going to get my suitcase out and slowly get things ready for the trip.  I've got the list made of things to take, now it's about time to start translating the list to the suitcase.

I'll be in Jacksonville, Florida for 64 hours 17 minutes (1:13 pm ET 12/23/10 - 5:30 am ET 12/26/10)

I'll be away from Oklahoma for 73 hours 57 minutes (7:50 am CT 12/23/10 - 9:47 am CT)

I'll be away from my home for 95 hours 30 minutes (12:00 pm CT 12/22/10 - 11:30 am CT 12/26/10)

Any question?

Then why the hell are you packing now??

I'm going down to visit my parents for the Holidays and going for almost 2 weeks (22nd to the 4th), I won't even think of packing until the night before I leave and probably won't until an hour or so before I leave.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:30:25 am by Smash255 »Logged

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 14, 2010, 03:01:44 am »
Ignore

It's amazing how people still ask him questions and totally confused by his actions.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 14, 2010, 08:56:35 am »
Ignore

A round of drinks says he doesn't pack enough underwear. 

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 14, 2010, 09:55:27 am »
Ignore

A round of drinks says he doesn't pack enough underwear. 

With my handy, dandy list - you might be paying up!!  I'll just take a Dr. Pepper!!

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:06 am »
Ignore

Any question?

Whawhat? Who the hell plans vacations down to the MINUTE?!

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: December 14, 2010, 10:30:06 am »
Ignore

Any question?

If only he could be this obsessive about his job search...

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: December 14, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »
Ignore

Any question?

Hey, the question was asked and I answered the question.  What more do you want? Tongue

I have been looking for jobs today.  There is a possibility I may have an interview sometime this week, hopefully.  I'm specifically looking at jobs that start in January.  I figure while I'm just sitting here, I might as well do something productive.  I'm very tempted to try to get my job back at Sprint when I get back.

AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 14, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »
Ignore

Today is Tuesday, and I will probably look on Career Builder again for a little bit today, just to see what's out there.  I also need to get started cleaning this house.  I don't have anywhere to go today, so I should be able to get quite a bit done.  I'm also going to get my suitcase out and slowly get things ready for the trip.  I've got the list made of things to take, now it's about time to start translating the list to the suitcase.

Any question?

Hey, the question was asked and I answered the question.  What more do you want? Tongue

I have been looking for jobs today.  There is a possibility I may have an interview sometime this week, hopefully.  I'm specifically looking at jobs that start in January.  I figure while I'm just sitting here, I might as well do something productive.  I'm very tempted to try to get my job back at Sprint when I get back.

He made me do it. Also I got my first moderated post! YAY!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:23:05 pm by Sen. Juggles the Clown »Logged

Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 14, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »
Ignore

Any question?

Hey, the question was asked and I answered the question.  What more do you want? Tongue

I have been looking for jobs today.  There is a possibility I may have an interview sometime this week, hopefully.  I'm specifically looking at jobs that start in January.  I figure while I'm just sitting here, I might as well do something productive.  I'm very tempted to try to get my job back at Sprint when I get back.

I think he meant more than just applying, but rather actually researching a job to make sure you don't get suckered into another scam.

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 14, 2010, 05:29:51 pm »
Ignore

Wait a minute. There's a chance you can get your Sprint job back after they let you go? How does that make any sense?

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 14, 2010, 05:40:34 pm »
Ignore

Wait a minute. There's a chance you can get your Sprint job back after they let you go? How does that make any sense?

I know. I dont get why he would even consider going back. After hearing what he said about the place, I wouldnt want to work there. I understand you shouldnt talk back to your boss, but they apparently wont let you speak your mind, and will get rid of you in a heartbeat. I dont think that place is worth it. Most call centers arent, mainly because its a high turn around. They will always be hiring, because they will need someone to jump right in after some accidently farts at work.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 14, 2010, 09:54:40 pm »
Ignore

I know. I dont get why he would even consider going back. After hearing what he said about the place, I wouldnt want to work there. I understand you shouldnt talk back to your boss, but they apparently wont let you speak your mind, and will get rid of you in a heartbeat. I dont think that place is worth it. Most call centers arent, mainly because its a high turn around. They will always be hiring, because they will need someone to jump right in after some accidently farts at work.

It was just a thought.  Nothing more than that, really.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 14, 2010, 09:56:36 pm »
Ignore

Any question?

I think he meant more than just applying, but rather actually researching a job to make sure you don't get suckered into another scam.

The funny thing is I spent the better part of 3 hours searching this afternoon, but sent in 0 applications.  I have a recruiter for a staffing company supposed to call me back on Wednesday with response to a couple jobs they have that pay pretty well.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 14, 2010, 10:54:30 pm »
Ignore

Maybe it is just me, but if I were under financial stress, and out of work, I would be miserable doing anything but looking for work - 24/7 - real work. I cannot image doing anything else!  I don't like being dependent on other folks to carry me. Never have. In fact, even though I did [not] have to, I got a part time job in college at the University of Chicago (I sorted and delivered the mail in the Law School to the professors, some of whom have since become nationally famous, like Posner and Epstein, both of whom I got a chance to chat with from time to time (an added bonus)), so that I did not have to hit up my Dad for money as much - plus it gave me some extra bucks to finance my wild side, without feeling so guilty that my Dad was paying for it. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:31:35 am by Torie »Logged
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 15, 2010, 09:09:40 am »
Ignore

Maybe it is just me, but if I were under financial stress, and out of work, I would be miserable doing anything but looking for work - 24/7 - real work. I cannot image doing anything else!  I don't like being dependent on other folks to carry me. Never have. In fact, even though I did have to, I got a part time job in college at the University of Chicago (I sorted and delivered the mail in the Law School to the professors, some of whom have since become nationally famous, like Posner and Epstein, both of whom I got a chance to chat with from time to time (an added bonus)), so that I did not have to hit up my Dad for money as much - plus it gave me some extra bucks to finance my wild side, without feeling so guilty that my Dad was paying for it. Smiley

Same here.....and I was tempted to say young folks today aren't like that......but most of the youngs here seem willing to do whatever it takes to make it on their own without help from home.  Commendable!

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 15, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »
Ignore

I am waiting for a staffing recruiter to call me back this afternoon about possible jobs, but other than that, I am officially suspending all job search until January 3.  If you don't count today, I've got 6 full days to clean, do laundry, and pack. If I did do any job search it would have to be online, I couldn't go out at all, simply because I have way too much stuff to do at home.  I lose Thursday evening, because I'm going down to see the Christmas lights in Chickasha, about 45 minutes southwest of Oklahoma City.  I'll lose all day Sunday because of church that morning, then I'm going to my grandmother's right after church to get ready for our church's annual Ornament Exchange beginning at 5:30 at my grandmother's home.  So, I'll be gone from about 8:30 am - 8:00 pm.  I'll probably lose a few hours Monday evening, as well, as I'll have a men's meeting at church at 7:00.  So, my only full days are Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday.  It's getting down to crunch time.  I'm not like most men where I can just throw things in a duffel bag the night before and call it good.  I'm a little more sophisticated than that.

Not only do I have things to do here, but I have other things I have to do at my parents and at my grandmother's.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout