Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 02:14:24 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 ... 201 Print
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 236065 times)
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:43 am »
Ignore

Do you believe you can procure 5-6 referrals from a customer? They won't just give them to you, you'd need to push to get them to refer their friends for a vacuum demo.

Yes, because it happens on virtually every appointment.

Would you give the name of 5-6 friends to a salesman?

Only if I wanted to lose those 5-6 friends.  If they gave him my name, I might hurt them.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
Ignore

Do you believe you can procure 5-6 referrals from a customer? They won't just give them to you, you'd need to push to get them to refer their friends for a vacuum demo.

Yes, because it happens on virtually every appointment.

Would you give the name of 5-6 friends to a salesman?

It depends on two things - the salesman himself, and the product he's trying to present.  If it's a product that I think my friends and family could use, and the salesman is friendly, not pushy, I would refer the salesman to them and let them make up their own mind.  I don't think it's fair for me to make up the mind of my friends and family for them whether good or bad.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: March 22, 2011, 10:42:31 am »
Ignore

I don't think it's fair for me to make up the mind of my friends and family for them whether good or bad.

Not a bad line to use during the sales pitch.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:32 am »
Ignore

Thankfully, since I haven't gotten paid, yet, I wouldn't have to put this on my resume', it would just be in the "lesson learned" category.

You... know nothing obligates you to put a job on your resume, right?
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:25 am »
Ignore

Ha. The problem is this clearly won't be a "lesson learned" as if you learned anything you would've never taken in it the first place. We all clearly told you not to and that it wouldn't work since day one as well.

Also I have a feeling BushOklahoma didn't do well in math classes if you he thinks a system relying on constant referrals is sustainable.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:19 am »
Ignore

Ha. The problem is this clearly won't be a "lesson learned" as if you learned anything you would've never taken in it the first place. We all clearly told you not to and that it wouldn't work since day one as well.

Also I have a feeling BushOklahoma didn't do well in math classes if you he thinks a system relying on constant referrals is sustainable.

Actually, I went all the way through Calculus AB in High School and didn't get my first C until Calc, all the others were A's and B's.

I want you to be honest with me.  If I quit this gig, will you give me a weeks-long barrage of "I told you so, you idiot" or will you forget about it and move on?

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:09 pm »
Ignore

Actually, I went all the way through Calculus AB in High School and didn't get my first C until Calc, all the others were A's and B's.

I want you to be honest with me.  If I quit this gig, will you give me a weeks-long barrage of "I told you so, you idiot" or will you forget about it and move on?
Quit now and we'll never speak of this mishap again. Future decisions are fair game.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: March 22, 2011, 12:38:53 pm »
Ignore

Quit now and we'll never speak of this mishap again. Future decisions are fair game.

As is future lying.

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »
Ignore

Will there be a week between now and the next scam?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: March 22, 2011, 01:37:07 pm »
Ignore

Have I got something good or what!!!! This time it's legitimate, I promise!!!!

I was doing a little job search on Career Builder.com this afternoon and I ran across an ad for a Help Desk Technician for a client in Oklahoma City that would pay $13.00/hr.  The client happens to be Dell.  I would need a medium security clearance.  She basically did a mini-interview over the phone with me just now and she loved the fact that I have 2 years of customer service experience and a college degree in the IT field.  She is going to get me started this afternoon on the application and security clearance paperwork.  This may take about a week or so, and then she will contact Dell and ask for a start date, which will probably be in early-mid April.  It is a call center, but it's in my degree field.

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: March 22, 2011, 01:41:03 pm »
Ignore

Bushie, this isn't about us.  Quit that job because it's bad for you.  We aren't telling you not to sell vacuums because we want to see you fail and prove our superiority.  We are telling that because we've all been approached by scams before and know what they look like.

Look at the thread Fritz made about a potential insurance job.  Grumps works in insurance and gave him advice.  BRTD works at a call center, has done temp jobs before, and gave you advice.  Nym did sales before and gave you advice.  All of us have been employed before in some capacity and gave you advice.

Most of what we tell you is simply just that.  Any cynicism and sarcasm in this thread is entirely because you seem to ignore it.  So here's some:

DON'T go for the job that "pays the best."  Go for the job that looks the most stable.  Even if it's not a huge salary, it's something. A low paying job for the State of Oklahoma or a recognizable name like Coca-Cola is better than a "good" paying job for some unknown classified ad.  Oh, and, try for data entry, not because it may be all you can do--I guarantee it isn't--but it's the job that led to your most stable source of employment in ONG and therefore is the most sure bet.

It's still rather frustrating when you consider how many people with far better work histories than Jeff have to spend months or years unemployed before they finally get an offer.

Life is not fair.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: March 22, 2011, 01:43:48 pm »
Ignore

I was doing a little job search on Career Builder.com this afternoon and I ran across an ad for a Help Desk Technician for a client in Oklahoma City that would pay $13.00/hr.  The client happens to be Dell.  I would need a medium security clearance.  She basically did a mini-interview over the phone with me just now and she loved the fact that I have 2 years of customer service experience and a college degree in the IT field.  She is going to get me started this afternoon on the application and security clearance paperwork.  This may take about a week or so, and then she will contact Dell and ask for a start date, which will probably be in early-mid April.  It is a call center, but it's in my degree field.

Did you tell her about your Tourette's?  While it being in your field may help, call centers are still gut wrenchingly difficult.  If she's legitimately with Dell, also be sure to ask her if they have any positions that doesn't require you to be answering phone calls.

It's still rather frustrating when you consider how many people with far better work histories than Jeff have to spend months or years unemployed before they finally get an offer.

Life is not fair.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: March 22, 2011, 03:00:06 pm »
Ignore

Clearly, the number one consideration in one's career decisions is how a small group of anonymous posters on an internet messageboard will react.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:11 pm »
Ignore

I wish BuskOK would find himself another woman. I enjoyed reading about his love life by far, especially the classic pregnancy scare and sleeping off the sip of wine.
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »
Ignore

Why are you so obsessed with selling vacuums and working for a call center??

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: March 22, 2011, 05:38:56 pm »
Ignore

Why do you insist on criticizing every single employment decision I make?  If I went for a data entry job, they only pay $8-$10 an hour, at most $11.  I can't make it off of just $10 an hour.  $13 an hour is much better.  I'm trying to shake off my parents' help before I turn 30 years old and I can't do it if I'm only making $10 an hour.  It will be a lot easier with $13.  Also, I've been trying to find something close to my degree field since I graduated 4 years ago.  This is the first thing I've found.

WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: March 22, 2011, 05:59:06 pm »
Ignore

am i the only one disturbed by the number of lies bushie has been telling lately?

i think we now know that his termination at his last job was 'call related', despite his denials...

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: March 22, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
Ignore

Why do you insist on criticizing every single employment decision I make?

Because most of them involve scams and lying to people close to you.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
J-Mann
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: March 22, 2011, 06:52:25 pm »
Ignore

am i the only one disturbed by the number of lies bushie has been telling lately?

i think we now know that his termination at his last job was 'call related', despite his denials...

I agree -- Jeff, I know you believe you're the most stable person in the world and have an iron grip on reality, but -- employment struggles aside -- flat out telling lies to people ought to be a big-time warning for you. Something ain't right upstairs, buddy ... you've got issues that need professional help to be worked out. Hocus-pocus and claptrap havenít gotten you to where you need to be, so maybe try a licensed therapist.

Why do you insist on criticizing every single employment decision I make?  If I went for a data entry job, they only pay $8-$10 an hour, at most $11.  I can't make it off of just $10 an hour.  $13 an hour is much better.  I'm trying to shake off my parents' help before I turn 30 years old and I can't do it if I'm only making $10 an hour.  It will be a lot easier with $13.  Also, I've been trying to find something close to my degree field since I graduated 4 years ago.  This is the first thing I've found.

That's flawed logic. Totally flawed. You've failed at call centers and are self-aware enough to realize that it is due to your call quality. Forget that they told you it wasnít ... you have Touretteís and a stutter and are emotionally fragile and do not belong on the phone taking frustrated peopleís help requests. Youíve also repeatedly failed at this ďdoor-to-door, generate-referrals, sell-something-that-nobody-needsĒ business. Rainbows are damn expensive ... you arenít going to get referrals from your demos. Business doesnít work like that.

So any of these higher-paying jobs are going to be short-term gigs for you. Period.

This is obviously causing you an immense amount of stress ... so much so that youíre lying to friends and family about your life, and that doesnít get any easier to manage. Forget about shaking off your parentsí help before you turn 30 ... try to land stable employment before youíre 30 instead of floating around from position to position for an extra $8.00 a day in jobs that are bound to end in you quitting or getting fired.

Political Compass --
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

It's easy to stand up for free speech when you agree with the speaker. - less so when you don't.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »
Ignore

Would you rather be making a guaranteed $10 an hour or be making $13 an hour from 2 weeks here, be laid off 2 weeks there, etc..? You need stable employment before you worry about raises and the like. So far, you haven't had a stable job in almost a year.

Anyone notice the tone from him lately? Defensive and angry.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »
Ignore

Bushie, tell me, what pays more money in the end:

(1) $10/hour, 40 hours a week, at a competent data entry job for the next 2 years with a potential chance for raises and advances

(2) Constantly shifting through a couple of 5 hour training sessions at sales and call center jobs that promise $13/hour before getting fired and maybe seeing a paycheck from those five hours but otherwise spending most of your time looking for work.

Your search for an extra $3-5/hour is causing you to lose steady work along with the resume building and promotion opportunity that comes with it.

Sorry if I'm criticizing you, but you need to buckle up and do some hard work that maybe doesn't even pay well if you want to really get back on your feet again.  It's not going to be easy, but it's the only way.

As for your "in degree" excuse at Dell, the Sprint call center was technically in the IT field, BTW.  I'm not saying you shouldn't try to get a job with a company like Dell.  But if it's help desk, make sure it's just for their online chat edition or something where you don't have to work the phones.

Life is not fair.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
Ignore

I am keeping this latest development from my facebook friends until it actually happens.  I was given an interview today, and she likes me apparently, so we're just waiting on a security clearance and background check.  I've got the documents faxed back into her.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: March 22, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
Ignore

I was doing a little job search on Career Builder.com this afternoon and I ran across an ad for a Help Desk Technician for a client in Oklahoma City that would pay $13.00/hr.  The client happens to be Dell.  I would need a medium security clearance.  She basically did a mini-interview over the phone with me just now and she loved the fact that I have 2 years of customer service experience and a college degree in the IT field.  She is going to get me started this afternoon on the application and security clearance paperwork.  This may take about a week or so, and then she will contact Dell and ask for a start date, which will probably be in early-mid April.  It is a call center, but it's in my degree field.

Why do you insist on criticizing every single employment decision I make?  If I went for a data entry job, they only pay $8-$10 an hour, at most $11.  I can't make it off of just $10 an hour.  $13 an hour is much better.  I'm trying to shake off my parents' help before I turn 30 years old and I can't do it if I'm only making $10 an hour.  It will be a lot easier with $13.  Also, I've been trying to find something close to my degree field since I graduated 4 years ago.  This is the first thing I've found.

Would you rather be making a guaranteed $10 an hour or be making $13 an hour from 2 weeks here, be laid off 2 weeks there, etc..? You need stable employment before you worry about raises and the like. So far, you haven't had a stable job in almost a year.

And, believe me, I don't like being defensive and angry.  That's not me.  I just hate it when everytime I step onto the forum I'm met with a harsh criticism of something I did or am doing.  You say you are concerned, and you may well be, but have you ever stopped to consider maybe saying something nice, or pointing out what I am doing well?  The way to encourage someone is not through constant insults and cut downs, but from encouragement and focus on what is going right.  This forum is the worlds worst at encouraging.

You have done nothing but basically imply that I'm dumb, unresponsive, stupid, mentally incompetent.  I don't think I have ever once received a kind word from this forum, or very seldom have I.  You really know how to take the fun out of reading the rest of the forum, which I love to do, because of the stigma that's now associated with "BushOklahoma".  You like to kick the horse while he's down.  You don't know how to lend the hand other than a slap across the face.

Insula Dei
belgiansocialist
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: March 22, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »
Ignore

Reading that last post made me feel very, very sorry for Bushie. This site is the guy's hobby and even on here he can't get a break for 5 minutes. Yeah, I know, he craved the attention himself, but still, it's something sad to think about. My advice to him now would be to pick up Multiplayer Call of Duty Black Ops (that's a game right?) or something as his other hobby and not mention his private life over there.

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: March 22, 2011, 09:11:07 pm »
Ignore

And, believe me, I don't like being defensive and angry.  That's not me.  I just hate it when everytime I step onto the forum I'm met with a harsh criticism of something I did or am doing.  You say you are concerned, and you may well be, but have you ever stopped to consider maybe saying something nice, or pointing out what I am doing well?  The way to encourage someone is not through constant insults and cut downs, but from encouragement and focus on what is going right.  This forum is the worlds worst at encouraging.

You have done nothing but basically imply that I'm dumb, unresponsive, stupid, mentally incompetent.  I don't think I have ever once received a kind word from this forum, or very seldom have I.  You really know how to take the fun out of reading the rest of the forum, which I love to do, because of the stigma that's now associated with "BushOklahoma".  You like to kick the horse while he's down.  You don't know how to lend the hand other than a slap across the face.

I'm not kicking the horse when he's down. We are all giving you sound, logical advice that will help get your life back in order, and you simply ignore it and travel down the road take a thousand times. We want you to succeed, but I will not, and neither will most of us, tell you you're doing the right thing when you jump into Kirby/Sprint type deals over and over. We know how the script will go. We know it'll fail. We want you to succeed at what has been proven successful in the past!

Sometimes those who care can be your harshest critics. If we sat here and told you you were perfect, we'd be doing you no favors at all.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 ... 201 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout