Badnarik in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Badnarik in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Badnarik in Wisconsin  (Read 3047 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2004, 06:59:47 PM »

It is good to see that Badnarik is coming out with a possitive message and has really focused his campaign on the issues and himself.

http://badnarik.org/wisconsin_blue.php

Oh, yeah, that was sarcasm.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 07:01:32 PM »

Badnarik's message:  Let's hurt Bush.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 07:01:51 PM »

It will be a blue state.

At the Atlas.
Posterity
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »

It is good to see that Badnarik is coming out with a possitive message and has really focused his campaign on the issues and himself.

Badnarik is talking about the issues far more than either Bush or Kerry.
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 08:19:19 PM »

Badnarik is talking about the issues far more than either Bush or Kerry.
And that's why he isn't winning.  Sad
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 10:32:27 PM »

Badnarik is a good man and true patriot. Far better than that dispicable scum Nader.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 11:40:56 PM »

Well Bush has hardly been a very libertarian President, so his anger is understandable, even if you disagree with his views.
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 08:15:13 AM »

I know, Bush dosen't act libertarian at all! He seems to act like a Republican... strange...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 09:07:53 AM »

Badnarik is a good man and true patriot. Far better than that dispicable scum Nader.

Huh
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 09:43:04 AM »

I know, Bush dosen't act libertarian at all! He seems to act like a Republican... strange...

If you ask me, he doesn't act very much like a Republican either. If Republicans acted like Republicans, Libertarians would actually vote for them.
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 02:35:46 PM »

I had high hopes for this administration.  Before Sept 11, they were sounding very much like a moderate Libertarian (i.e. privatize social security, more free-market environmentalism,  lower taxes, less spending).  Then Sept 11 came along and all we heard was Patriot Act, more spending, War, War, War.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 02:44:02 PM »

Well Bush has hardly been a very libertarian President, so his anger is understandable, even if you disagree with his views.

You would think that a 3rd Party candidate who was acctually interested in creating a real movement would have something possitive to say about his movement and about himself.

The modern conservative movement gained momentum when Ronald Reagan started talking about what conservatism stands for.

Goldwater failed because he did nothing but tell people what conservatives are against.

Likewise, if Badnarik was serious about his party and not just trying to unseat Bush, he would be out there telling people why they should vote Libertarian.

All these third parties are run the wrong way anyway, but people talk like Libertarianism is the way of the future.  For a "future" movement, they certainly aren't forward looking and this ad proves it.
elcorazon

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 02:50:27 PM »

He's just being practical super.  If you look at his homepage, he talks about the issues.  He just wants to raise money and he's aware that those unhappy with Bush may be willing to donate money to his campaign if they felt it could help to unseat Bush.

This is just like Nader getting help from Republicans hoping that he'll take votes from Kerry.

I don't know if it's wise or not, but it's not the focus of his campaign, just one method of trying to raise money.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »

He's just being practical super.  If you look at his homepage, he talks about the issues.  He just wants to raise money and he's aware that those unhappy with Bush may be willing to donate money to his campaign if they felt it could help to unseat Bush.

This is just like Nader getting help from Republicans hoping that he'll take votes from Kerry.

I don't know if it's wise or not, but it's not the focus of his campaign, just one method of trying to raise money.

It might be practicle, but it is not constructive if you are acctually trying to build a competetive party.
DFLofMN
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »

Well, Libertarians did well in the gubentorial election last time in WI, I think they have a percentage threshold for "major party status" that they might be going for, this would be a good state to do it. 

Posterity
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 01:45:22 PM »

Likewise, if Badnarik was serious about his party and not just trying to unseat Bush, he would be out there telling people why they should vote Libertarian.

That is exactly what Badnarik has been doing.  And part of that message is that George W. Bush is no conservative.
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:05 PM »

One of Badnarik's big campaign motivations is to unseat the corrupt ignorace that the Republicrats have towards the Constitution.

You mean to tell me that the Patriot Act is constitutional?

Flag burning legislation?

The majority of today's taxes?

Badnarik would be pleased to help both campaigns lose. And it's for completely just reasons too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies