What's got everyone so down?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What's got everyone so down?  (Read 4791 times)
East Coast Republican

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »

Whats the matter?  The forum isn't thrilled over Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »

No, because unlike you, most of us care that millions of poor people will now die to lack of health care.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »

No, because unlike you, most of us care that millions of poor people will now die to lack of health care.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2010, 04:33:47 PM by East Coast Republican »

Please take the exaggerated far left talk over to dailykos.  Calling opponents of the Healthcare plan uncaring snobs will only further enrage independents.

Deeds really came within ten percent of McDonnell eh?  Shows how much of an out of touch person you really are.  I think you should become more independent and get talking points that represent you instead of the defacto left wing.

Sheesh...so out of touch.  Even as a Virginian you didn't even gauge the mood of your own state properly.

fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »

Roll Eyes

You do know that hospitals don't refuse urgent care.  But the dramatic politicization is much more thrilling I suppose.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »

Roll Eyes

You do know that hospitals don't refuse urgent care.  But the dramatic politicization is much more thrilling I suppose.

Urgent care is expensive and inefficient. You know that tens of thousands of people die every year because they don't have health insurance, Richie.

At least you have the balls to roll your eyes at someone talking about thousands of people dying. Not sure I would.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »

Roll Eyes

And it's very easy to die from things that can't be treated using emergency care.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

What was supposed to be the coronation of the new progressive era is now proving to be the opposite. Obama couldn't get anything done in his first year, and anything remotely ambitious in scale will be destroyed. With huge republican gains likely in 2010, there is little chance at any of the big ticket items Democrats have wanted since the 1940s. Now, Obama will either turn into Clinton or Carter, depending on the next few years. Any talk of him being the reincarnation of FDR has been forestalled.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »

What was supposed to be the coronation of the new progressive era is now proving to be the opposite. Obama couldn't get anything done in his first year, and anything remotely ambitious in scale will be destroyed. With huge republican gains likely in 2010, there is little chance at any of the big ticket items Democrats have wanted since the 1940s. Now, Obama will either turn into Clinton or Carter, depending on the next few years. Any talk of him being the reincarnation of FDR has been forestalled.

I thought it was that.  I havent posted in a while but I come back and everyone is whining and complaining like the world is ending.  Lunar is especially entertaining.

Thanks for the update Nik.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbpGmR1-QM
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »

Roll Eyes

You do know that hospitals don't refuse urgent care.  But the dramatic politicization is much more thrilling I suppose.

Talk to me when you go without insurance and have to rely on urgent care for your total health coverage.

kthxbye
East Coast Republican

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »

I LOVE THIS SONG
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

Yup.  Obama, through his and Harry Reid's incompetence, has failed to capitalize on the largest political mandate since 1984, and the people who will suffer because of it are the poor, the downtrodden, the people who already have very little; and the people to benefit because of it are the wealthy, who already have everything, but are greedy for more.

That is why I'm down.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »

Whats the matter?  The forum isn't thrilled over Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts?

I am thrilled for you guys. Well done, I'm glad you aren't foolish enough to repeat the horrible error that is the NHS.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

Yup.  Obama, through his and Harry Reid's incompetence, has failed to capitalize on the largest political mandate since 1984, and the people who will suffer because of it are the poor, the downtrodden, the people who already have very little; and the people to benefit because of it are the wealthy, who already have everything, but are greedy for more.

That is why I'm down.

Wealthy?  Downtrodden?  I didn't know we were living in 1789 France because after finishing reading what you wrote it sounded a lot like the peasants against the aristocracy.

Biggest mandate since 1984?  49 state win is not comparable to the President's victory.  I'd compare Obama's victory to 1976 or 1992 at this point.  Whether it is a 1980 style election will not be known until the FUTURE IS UPON US!

Good thing too because I have a time machine in my garage.  I can use it tonight and be back by tomorrow morning to tell you what I found if you'd like.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:32 PM »

I am thrilled for you guys. Well done, I'm glad you aren't foolish enough to repeat the horrible error that is the NHS.

Such a system was never even remotely close to even being put under consideration.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

Do you seriously believe ObamaCare is in any way similar to the NHS?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »

Such a system was never even remotely close to even being put under consideration.

It would have been the start.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »

Poor logic. Was the government's purchase of GM the start of the government attempting to take over the entire auto industry? (Note that I oppose any and all bailouts of the automobile manufacturers.)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »

Poor logic. Was the government's purchase of GM the start of the government attempting to take over the entire auto industry? (Note that I oppose any and all bailouts of the automobile manufacturers.)

That was for pragmatic reasons. This wasn't.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 05:17:37 PM »

That was for pragmatic reasons. This wasn't.

I think providing uninsured people with healthcare is awfully pragmatic, personally.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »

In addition, if Obama fails, we will see the slow, painful death of his wing. Standard bog liberalism will be discarded even further, with huge sways to the post-Obama center. People like Evan Bayh and Ben Nelson would comprise the majority of the party, as the Blue Dogs would take over. People like Ted Kennedy would no longer be mainstream members of the Democrats, they would be regarded as members of the "extreme" left.

Furthermore, what we would see is amazing. We would see, much like the liberal Republicans of the '50s and '60s who greatly respected FDR, Democrats start to praise Ronald Reagan in such fashion. I can't believe, that one year later, such events now seem possible. Amazing.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »

I'm actually pretty up. This day was pretty good, and I have some exciting plans this weekend. How was everybody else's day?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

I'm actually pretty up. This day was pretty good, and I have some exciting plans this weekend. How was everybody else's day?

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 05:37:01 PM »

Since I have ECR blocked, I sincerely gave you the benefit of the doubt for a few seconds, and thought you you talking about Haiti...

joke.  "Millions of people will die."  Because we didn't pass this version of Health Care?  Seriously?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies