Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 10:00:24 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  President Forever 2008 and Primaries-1992 Bush vs Dem vs Perot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: President Forever 2008 and Primaries-1992 Bush vs Dem vs Perot  (Read 1497 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »
Ignore

Some interesting three way races.

Bush/Quayle vs Clinton/Bensten vs Perot/Stockdale

Bush wins big and one surprise is that Clinton did so poorly in Texas. Bush took Texas by fourteen points. But, the big Clinton deal in Texas is that he had Bensten on the ticket but he came in third in the state of Texas.

Just for the fun of it, summer 2014 reading: I am taking college courses both in July & did in May. I have read all of the material for those. Besides that I read Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story & the book on Kennedy & Nixon by Chris Matthews both cover to cover & before that One Last Kiss: The Chris Coleman Story. All very informative & entertaining books. I have started Rendevouz With Destiny By Craig Shirley.
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:54 pm »
Ignore

Here is another one

Bush vs Clinton vs Perot

Perot does very well as he carries sixteen states. However, some of his victories are by small margins. One imparticular being Nebraska where he won by 177 votes out of more than 700, 000 cast. Other states, however, like Minnesota and Washington...he wins by ten points in Minnesota and by about three points in Washington.

Bush still wins however.

Just for the fun of it, summer 2014 reading: I am taking college courses both in July & did in May. I have read all of the material for those. Besides that I read Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story & the book on Kennedy & Nixon by Chris Matthews both cover to cover & before that One Last Kiss: The Chris Coleman Story. All very informative & entertaining books. I have started Rendevouz With Destiny By Craig Shirley.
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:06:52 pm »
Ignore

Perot continues to perform well for a third party candidate.

Tsonagus vs Bush vs Perot

Tsonagus: 286 electoral votes; 40, 034, 419 or 36.4% of popular vote
Bush: 172 electoral votes; 39, 011, 770 or 35.4% of popular vote
Perot: 80 electoral votes; 31, 050, 675 or 28.2% of popular vote
270 electoral votes to win

A surprise to me was that Perot carried Missouri and he came within six points of Bush in Texas. Another surprise was that Tsonagus almost lost his home state to Perot.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:09:53 pm »
Ignore

Gephardt vs Bush vs Perot

In this one, the strong Perot showing failed to materialize as he carried only five states compared to sixteen or seventeen in other times.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout