Opinion of Alexander Hamilton (THE FORMER ATLAS POSTER)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Alexander Hamilton (THE FORMER ATLAS POSTER)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What's your opinion of the former atlas poster Alexander Hamilton?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Opinion of Alexander Hamilton (THE FORMER ATLAS POSTER)  (Read 2781 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »

Lean Freedom Fighter.

Yes I know, how can I possibly call a poster by the name of Alexander Hamilton a "Lean Freedom Fighter"? Well the truth is, despite his controversial reputation Alexander Hamilton was actually a pretty good guy, I remember and miss all of those fun conversations we would have over things like unions and the like. I don't condone all of his actions, that he was completely innocent, nor will I say that the people he got into conflict with were totally innocent. DWTL was a tool, and he deserves whatever exile of shame he got after the comments he made about the ARC (waits for inevitable "but wait you said" comments) and Mint before that one election. I know that's not a nice thing to say but it's the truth.
However, whatever faults he might've had I believe he more than made up for it with his knowledge of history and unique views. I for one miss seeing Hamilton on here, even if he would be one of the many in the Anti-Mechaman Brigade in Atlasia right now I would rather have him there than have him forced off this forum forever. I really do mean that guys, really. Sure I know, it's the cool thing, it's the popular thing to say you don't miss him, but f*** popular, this forum will never be the same without Hamilton.
Call me a moderate hero all you want over this issue, but I truely believe that on this issue there is no black and white: we can not say 100% Hamilton was innocent but at the same time we can't say the Mods were 100% correct. I know, most everyone else here feels differently, like there is no middle ground, like everyone who accepts either/or conclusion is secretly against/for Hamilton, but to conclude either is to exclude a sizable amount of grey area. The dogmatism either for/or against on this issue really irritates me, those who think Hamilton was scum would start accusing those who dare defend an act of his as being Hamilton at a different IP location, while those who became very close to Hamilton would think any criticism of Hamilton automatically meant that said poster was with the moderators.
It's in situations like these that you try to think beyond black and white, and I believe that despite our recent differences, for his contributions to this forum Alexander Hamilton is a Lean Freedom Fighter.

No. Just no. You really don't know Hamilton as I do.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »

I found signatures so annoying, that after joining this site, for more than a year thereafter, I rarely looked at the forum (as opposed to the election data, which I looked at, and used all the time), and made no posts, until someone explained to me how to turn them off, at which time, for better or worse, I started to participate here. I find threads unreadable with all those huge signatures in between every post. Gosh, it makes the page a frigging mess to my eyes.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »

Lean Freedom Fighter.

Yes I know, how can I possibly call a poster by the name of Alexander Hamilton a "Lean Freedom Fighter"? Well the truth is, despite his controversial reputation Alexander Hamilton was actually a pretty good guy, I remember and miss all of those fun conversations we would have over things like unions and the like. I don't condone all of his actions, that he was completely innocent, nor will I say that the people he got into conflict with were totally innocent. DWTL was a tool, and he deserves whatever exile of shame he got after the comments he made about the ARC (waits for inevitable "but wait you said" comments) and Mint before that one election. I know that's not a nice thing to say but it's the truth.
However, whatever faults he might've had I believe he more than made up for it with his knowledge of history and unique views. I for one miss seeing Hamilton on here, even if he would be one of the many in the Anti-Mechaman Brigade in Atlasia right now I would rather have him there than have him forced off this forum forever. I really do mean that guys, really. Sure I know, it's the cool thing, it's the popular thing to say you don't miss him, but f*** popular, this forum will never be the same without Hamilton.
Call me a moderate hero all you want over this issue, but I truely believe that on this issue there is no black and white: we can not say 100% Hamilton was innocent but at the same time we can't say the Mods were 100% correct. I know, most everyone else here feels differently, like there is no middle ground, like everyone who accepts either/or conclusion is secretly against/for Hamilton, but to conclude either is to exclude a sizable amount of grey area. The dogmatism either for/or against on this issue really irritates me, those who think Hamilton was scum would start accusing those who dare defend an act of his as being Hamilton at a different IP location, while those who became very close to Hamilton would think any criticism of Hamilton automatically meant that said poster was with the moderators.
It's in situations like these that you try to think beyond black and white, and I believe that despite our recent differences, for his contributions to this forum Alexander Hamilton is a Lean Freedom Fighter.

No. Just no. You really don't know Hamilton as I do.

I certainly know Hamilton better than you do. He is a FF. You are not.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »

Wow, that sounds gay
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »

FF.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »

Wow, that sounds gay

No, it doesn't.

Antonio's post sounded gay.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »

FF.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2010, 11:54:00 PM by Morgan Brykein »

ajc0918
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 11:56:07 PM »

Who?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

I found signatures so annoying, that after joining this site, for more than a year thereafter, I rarely looked at the forum (as opposed to the election data, which I looked at, and used all the time), and made no posts, until someone explained to me how to turn them off, at which time, for better or worse, I started to participate here. I find threads unreadable with all those huge signatures in between every post. Gosh, it makes the page a frigging mess to my eyes.
But I like sigs!  If people would just use a little common courtesy it wouldn't be a problem, but no, so many people need stupid tall ones...and some idiots even stack them.  I've learned to just put them on ignore instead of turning them off alltogether.  Flyers2010 was the last one added to my list for that reason.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »

He's a big freaking Freedom Fighter to me.  I can't believe he was banned. 

I would be upset if I were you, too.  His departure leaves you well in the lead in the race for "Dumb of the Year".
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »

HP, but very funny guy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »

Just when we thought Libertas had turned the corner, he reverts to his old form.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »

Just when we thought Libertas had turned the corner, he reverts to his old form.

Amen to that.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Amen to that.

LOL
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »

Denouncing behavior and personally disliking are two separate things, as they very well should be. Should everyone hate you for your association with the likes of DWDL?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 07:52:36 PM »

Denouncing behavior and personally disliking are two separate things, as they very well should be. Should everyone hate you for your association with the likes of DWDL?

I wasn't talking about his defense of Hamilton. I was talking about the personal attacks.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »

I wasn't talking about his defense of Hamilton. I was talking about the personal attacks.

I must not be seeing the same posts you are. Huh
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:57 PM »

He needs to stop obsessing over this site about as much as people need to stop talking about him.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:26 AM »

What gave you the idea that he had turned the corner?  Did I miss something?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »

That's tempting, as I find a lot of sigs bloody annoying.  Not the content of them so much. Just the size and aesthetics.  Of course, there are some gems that make keeping them on worthwhile for me...the LOLZ help me get through my days. 

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies