When Will the U.S. Elect Its Next Disabled/Invalid President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When Will the U.S. Elect Its Next Disabled/Invalid President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go.
2010-2030

2031-2050

2051-2070

2071-2090

2091-2110

2111-2130

2131-2150

2151 and beyond

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 4

Author Topic: When Will the U.S. Elect Its Next Disabled/Invalid President?  (Read 1042 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

I know FDR was disabled (even though he tried extremely hard to hide it), but when do you think the U.S. will elect its next disabled President?

I'd say after 2151.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »

Never.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »

That's what over 90% of Americans would have said in 1850 about ever having a black President.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »

Unfortunately the race for the presidency has become more of a beauty contest than a policy contest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »

I can name from memory two politicians with disabilities: Bob Dole (paralyzed right arm) and Bob Kerrey (amputee) who had a real shot on the Presidency, and I'd not link their disabilities with loss, rather other factors.

Well, of course they were not disabled in such visible (like it would be right now, in TV times) like FDR.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »

I can name from memory two politicians with disabilities: Bob Dole (paralyzed right arm) and Bob Kerrey (amputee) who had a real shot on the Presidency, and I'd not link their disabilities with loss, rather other factors.

Well, of course they were not disabled in such visible (like it would be right now, in TV times) like FDR.

Wasn't McCain also an amputee? By asking this question, I meant visibly disabled, but I guess I should have made this quesiton more clear.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:02:15 AM »

Unfortunately the race for the presidency has become more of a beauty contest than a policy contest.

This. Intelligence counts for nothing anymore. Due to the spread of the mass media, politics has had to be dumbed down and it's now a matter of making more false promises than your opponent. It's probably one of the greatest arguments against democracy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »

Wasn't McCain also an amputee? By asking this question, I meant visibly disabled, but I guess I should have made this quesiton more clear.

He's disabled too. He can't for example raise his arms above the head due to war injuries, but as far as I know, he's not an amputee.

As of other presidential contenders with disabilities... Mo Udall (had one eye) or
George Wallace (after 1972).
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »

He's disabled too. He can't for example raise his arms above the head due to war injuries, but as far as I know, he's not an amputee.

As of other presidential contenders with disabilities... Mo Udall (had one eye) or
George Wallace (after 1972).

Yeah, forgot about Udal.. He could have won in 1976 had Carter not run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies