Minnesota Gubernatorial thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:11:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minnesota Gubernatorial thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota Gubernatorial thread  (Read 12546 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »

Do the caucuses decide who goes to the party convention (which, iirc, then makes an endorsement and then also sometimes a primary happens)? Minnesota elections are strange...

It goes precinct caucuses->state senate district caucuses->(congressional and state caucuses).  At the state caucus is where the party endorsements are made.  There is also a primary election that's held in September regardless of the state convention results, though usually everyone withdraws except for the person who is endorsed at the state convention.

I'm bummed that I'm at college Sad  And my parents are moving out of Minnesota before Election Day this year, anyhow, so I couldn't really have promised to stick around, anyway.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

What a lousy race.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »

This is pretty weird. Pawlenty cut an ad for Emmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1tbzUKD1os

I'm not sure who is targeted by this since Pawlenty is hardly popular, last poll I saw was in March but it had him at 42/52 and was from generally GOP-leaning in this state SUSA. If it's a motivate the base thing I can sort of see it except motivating the base isn't really the biggest problem for the Republicans this year. And Emmer has been trying to distance himself from Pawlenty a bit (He's been quoted as saying a "Pawlenty mask" won't fit him just a few days ago.)

Right.  What a confusing idea.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »

Emmer concedes Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:52 AM »

Isn't it ironic than in one of their worst years in a century Democrats managed to win two of their most long sought after governorships? (Minnesota and Connecticut)

Especiall ironic in Minnesota considering the truly MASSIVE....hell, beyond massive....gains in the Minnesota State Legislature for Republicans.

I wouldn't say they were that big, the GOP still has less seats in the House then they did after the 2002 election.

I think the GOP overplayed their hand. They figured holding the governorship for so long and a GOP year would mean they could elect anyone to it. So they nominated someone as awful as Emmer.
I didn't even have Minnesota on the radar until, well, election night. I figured Emmer would come within 5 points, but I never would have guessed he finish this close. Dayton led by as many as 16 in the final days.

You must've been looking at Humphrey Institute or StarTrib polls... with the exception of Klobuchar, where they nailed it, even BRTD would admit that they have a big DFL lean.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »

I think we can say with utter certainty that Minnesota can't at all decide which way it's trending.

Incidentally, does anyone know the last time Minnesota didn't have a divided government?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies