Minnesota Gubernatorial thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:09:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minnesota Gubernatorial thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota Gubernatorial thread  (Read 12545 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

Isn't it ironic than in one of their worst years in a century Democrats managed to win two of their most long sought after governorships? (Minnesota and Connecticut)

Especiall ironic in Minnesota considering the truly MASSIVE....hell, beyond massive....gains in the Minnesota State Legislature for Republicans.

I wouldn't say they were that big, the GOP still has less seats in the House then they did after the 2002 election.

I think the GOP overplayed their hand. They figured holding the governorship for so long and a GOP year would mean they could elect anyone to it. So they nominated someone as awful as Emmer.
I didn't even have Minnesota on the radar until, well, election night. I figured Emmer would come within 5 points, but I never would have guessed he finish this close. Dayton led by as many as 16 in the final days.

It says a lot, actually, for Republicans that they nominate someone this bad and still almost win in a state many consider to be pretty Democratic. And with Obama only leading Romney by 5 currently, this state could be starting a trend back towards Republicans.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:13:37 PM »

Uhhh . . . MN has been trending Republican for AT LEAST a decade.
I was referring to the Presidential level, which was more Democratic in 2004 than 2000 and more in 2008 than 2004. I think it will return to at least 2004 levels, possibly even close to 2000 level's, in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies