Who would Seinfeld characters vote for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:38:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who would Seinfeld characters vote for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would Seinfeld characters vote for?  (Read 1231 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2004, 08:02:40 PM »

Elaine is almost certainly a Democrat, as she is strongly pro-choice. Poppy of course is pro-life, and thus probably a Republican.

As for others, Newman is probably a Democrat since he is a postal employee. Hard to say on the others...but Jerry, George, and Kramer all live in Manhattan, so they are probably all Democrats. They also seem like they'd be very much against the religious right; they probably don't care too much about economic issues.

George's fiancee Susan, and her parents were quite wealthy, and thus Republicans most likely. Elaine's boss J. Peterman, likewise.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 08:47:01 PM »

Extremely rich and extremely poor people tend to be Democrats, whereas people in between tend to be Republicans.
cwelsch

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »

Kramer's character is based on Kenny Kramer, a real-life friend of the creator and a Libertarian.  He ran for mayor of New York on the Libertarian line.

The Manhattan Libertarian Party is one of the more activist and extreme LPs.  They had a big cigarette giveaway one year and the next year they handed out toy plastic guns to kids in Harlem.   They were mobbed by people who wanted cigarettes and shouted out of Harlem by angry parents.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 11:09:45 PM »

Kramer's character is based on Kenny Kramer, a real-life friend of the creator and a Libertarian.  He ran for mayor of New York on the Libertarian line.

The Manhattan Libertarian Party is one of the more activist and extreme LPs.  They had a big cigarette giveaway one year and the next year they handed out toy plastic guns to kids in Harlem.   They were mobbed by people who wanted cigarettes and shouted out of Harlem by angry parents.

Interesting tidbit. Ok, so Kramer would probably be a Libertarian too, then.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 05:25:36 AM »

All Democrats.  Obviously.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 08:25:56 AM »

Extremely rich and extremely poor people tend to be Democrats, whereas people in between tend to be Republicans.

I'd like to see some statistics proving that please, especially for your assertion that extremely rich people support the Democrats. It seems to generally be the case that among wealthier people the upper-middle class (and 'soccer mums' etc.) support the democrats rather than the richest in society.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 08:53:30 AM »

What a great subject! Cheesy

I think Jerry might be an undecided voter, he'd certainly have voted Clinton and Gore, but might be considering voting Bush this time on issues of defense. If he were to ever identify with Republicans he'd be a 'liberal Republican'  and would have voted for Guiliani.

Kramer certainly isn't a Republican, he could be anything really, I kinda doubt he's a libertarian because ... because! (they're an irrelevant party to be perfectly honest.) He might possibly be a Nader (and possibly previously Perot) voter just because of his wackiness causing him to support the third party candidate + he reads the 'independant media'. More likely than all he wouldn't vote.

To cheer you libertarians up: George Costanza is a pretty selfish guy, therefore libertarian seems like a natural choice. Haha just kidding ... just the fact that he lives in Manhatten makes him a likely democrat.

Jerry's parents: Jewish, Floridianian retirees = Democrat (although given those polling machines they might've accidentally voted for Buchanan in 2000).

George's parents: In one episode Frank says that because he wasn't born in the USA he can never become president, which caused him to never have any interest in politics "I don't want them and they don't want me!" - a definite non-voter. I haven't a clue who Estelle would vote for... possibly Georgie Wink

Can't think of others atm...

Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 10:00:49 AM »

I'd like to see some statistics proving that please, especially for your assertion that extremely rich people support the Democrats. It seems to generally be the case that among wealthier people the upper-middle class (and 'soccer mums' etc.) support the democrats rather than the richest in society.

Is Bill Gates a Democrat? I thought I heard before that he was. Warren Buffet is, so that would make the two wealthiest people in America Democrats, at least. So that proves that Phillip is right once you get up to the $30 billion net worth threshold. Smiley

In all seriousness, I don't think there are any exit polls that break it down enough to prove whether he is right or wrong. All we know is that those with an income above $100k/year are the most Republican group in exit polls that ask about income; those above $100k/year aren't broken down any further.

The "cutoff" income at which those above that level lean Republican and those below lean Democratic is about $40-45k/year. This is slightly below the median income of all voters (which is about $55k/year), which should favor Republicans, except that the poorest voters (under $15k/year) favor Democrats more strongly than the wealthiest (over $100k/year) favor Republicans.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 10:47:18 AM »

Elaine: Kerry
Jerry: Bush
Kramer: Kerry or Nader
George: Kerry
Poppy: Bush
Jackie Chiles: Kerry
Peterman: Bush
Mr. Pitt: Bush
Kenny Bagna (sp?): Bush
Jerry's Parents: Kerry
George's Parents: Estelle Kerry, Frank doesn't vote (he is mad that he could never be president because he was born in Italy, so he doesn't vote)
Soup Nazi: Bush

Who else is there?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 01:23:51 PM »

Elaine: Kerry
Jerry: Bush
Kramer: Kerry or Nader
George: Kerry
Poppy: Bush
Jackie Chiles: Kerry
Peterman: Bush
Mr. Pitt: Bush
Kenny Bagna (sp?): Bush
Jerry's Parents: Kerry
George's Parents: Estelle Kerry, Frank doesn't vote (he is mad that he could never be president because he was born in Italy, so he doesn't vote)
Soup Nazi: Bush

Who else is there?

But the GOP, as everyone knows, is run by an alliance of two groups:  craven plutocratic Jews and Mafioso.  So, I'd imagine Soup Nazi is torn by his allegiances.

I also disagree with your assessment of Kramer.  I'd also read that he was based on a real Libertarian. 

Elaine of course is a self-righteous, greedy, impatient bitch.  So, yeah, she's probably a democrat.  Jerry?  Anyone's guess.  Given that he generally whines and bitches about everything, I'd guess a democrat as well.  Neumann is clearly a democrat.  Poppy, for reasons stated above Re:  Soup Nazi is almost certainly a republican.  Mr. Pitt?  Very wealthy and very old.  No doubt a Rockefeller Republican.  Peterman?  Same as Pitt. 

Chiles:  Can there be any doubt?  This guy's about as Democrat as they come.  Bagna?  Hard call.  The italian name leads one to believe he just might be a bushie, but that's pretty generic. 

You forgot the bra-less wonder.  I'd register her as a Kerry woman as well. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 03:34:44 PM »

Elaine is a Democrat, she always talks about going to women's rights conferences and got into the fight with Poppy about abortion.

Newman is definitely a democrat, I missed that one.

Sue Ellecn Mischke (sp?) may be a Republican because she is the inheritor to the O! Henry candy bar fortune.
zachman

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »

George is from a millitary family. He could very well be a Republican.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 07:07:28 PM »

Is Bill Gates a Democrat? I thought I heard before that he was.

Nope.  He gave the maximum amount to George Bush.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 07:56:09 PM »

Don't forget that Jerry is Jewish.  That doesn't automatically make him a Democrat, but I'd say he'd sure vote for Kerry before Bush.  George, on the other hand, is probably a Republican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies