Countries of Modern Europe Survivor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:12:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Countries of Modern Europe Survivor (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Countries of Modern Europe Survivor  (Read 32511 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 11, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »

Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »

The anti-Catholic bigotry is pretty obvious when Vatican City is voted out before hellhole states like Bosnia & Herzegovina and Albania.

I agree. I'm not at all religious, but I'll take the Vatican over Bosnia or Serbia any day of the week.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

Serbia
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »

Albania
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 02:24:20 AM »

Turkey, because it doesn't belong in Europe to begin with.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »

Albania? What is this.. "pick on all the obscure little-known poor countries because they are obscure little-known and poor" day?

Republic of Ireland o/c.  Turkey isn't a bad pick, but Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland should go pretty soon.

I think everybody has many reasons to vote (or not) for a country.
It can be historical, political, geographical, even touristic (even if it's not the place, but you're free to vote the way you want).

As it's not required to explain your vote...

For this round, I would have preferred to vote for Belgium or Luxembourg, but I wanted to save the Vatican. And even when I think about Luxembourg, it's good memories for me: fine restaurants, surprisingly good wines... OK, I stop here Wink.

Why would be Turkey a better pick than Albania ? Or Norway or Finland, uninteresting countries, historically speaking ?
Given its history and culture, Turkey should stay for many, many rounds.

Really, in this type of survivors, you don't vote with your brain. That's the "rule".

I don't care how much they pretend to be European, or if they get into the EU, Turkey is primarily an Asian country, not a European one, and that's reason enough for me to vote against it in this Survivor.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »

Turkey is an "asian" country? Ah, discourses... (Quick everyone: Give me a non-arbitrary geographical definition of what "Europe" is?)

I want Turkey out soon because the popularity of populist nationalism, the way its government denies the Armenian Genocide and (much more importantly because the other two aren't that important to me) the annoying chauvanistic way Turks can come off on the internet, at least any self-proclaimed Turk I've ever noted (which of course may be people from Germany and England playing at ethnic identity... but I'm not taking that risk).

Albania is such a unique place in contemporary Europe that I can't help but find it interesting. Though if headlining grabbing insanity is your thing... there is always Enver Hoxha.

According to Columbia Encyclopedia: "Europe , 6th largest continent, c.4,000,000 sq mi (10,360,000 sq km) including adjacent islands (1992 est. pop. 512,000,000). It is actually a vast peninsula of the great Eurasian land mass. By convention, it is separated from Asia by the Urals and the Ural River in the east; by the Caspian Sea and the Caucasus in the southeast; and by the Black Sea, the Bosporus, the Sea of Marmara, and the Dardanelles in the south. The Mediterranean Sea and the Strait of Gibraltar separate it from Africa. Europe is washed in the north by the Arctic Ocean, and in the west by the Atlantic Ocean, with which the North Sea and the Baltic Sea are connected."

This definition places only a small part of Turkey- west of the Dardanelles and the Bosporus- in Europe. The vast majority of Turkey's land area and population is on the continent of Asia, thus making Turkey primarily an Asian country.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »

Luxembourg
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 01:05:52 AM »

Andorra
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

Serbia
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

Malta
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »

Belgium
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 12:44:53 PM »

Yeah, it's about time for the Vatican to go.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 02:03:18 AM »

Vatican
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 10:50:08 AM »

Vatican
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:29:56 AM »

Vatican......
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »

I move that it should be within the moderator's power to tally votes and announce results after a designated period if the host doesn't do so, especially if there is cause to believe that the game is being rigged.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2010, 02:01:21 PM by Vazdul »

I move that it should be within the moderator's power to tally votes and announce results after a designated period if the host doesn't do so, especially if there is cause to believe that the game is being rigged.

Uh, there is no set period for when a survivor round has to end. When I first started, I usually closed rounds around the same time, but I'm on a different schedule now.

The obsession with Vatican here is bizarre.

I believe it may be time to establish a precedent. I would prefer that it wouldn't have to come to that, but the results have been suspicious too many times for it to be a coincidence.

As for your second point, I point out the fact that I, for one, was not initially part of the anti-Vatican movement. I initially voted to keep the Vatican on the grounds of its culture, preferring instead to vote off hellhole countries and countries with fewer cultural contributions. However, I do believe that the time has come for it to go, especially when more worthy countries such as Poland are being voted off in its place.

Furthermore, I should point out that the true issue is not my position on the Vatican, it's that I believe the results are being rigged, which I'm sure is the reason others are boycotting this thread.

His new schedule is to close the polls when his choice is ahead. He just checked in a little over an hour ago, why not close the polls then? It's been over 24 hours since the last round ended.

Preliminary results at the time of Libertas' most recent comment in this thread:

Vatican 10
Cyprus 9
Iceland 1
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »

Here's a brief history of suspicious activity.

In the round in which Turkey was eliminated, Libertas cast a vote against Turkey, tying the vote. Two more votes against Turkey were cast within 6 minutes of Libertas' vote, and less than a minute later the polls were closed.

In the round in which Luxembourg was eliminated, Libertas cast the deciding vote and closed the polls 47 seconds later.

In the round in which Andorra was eliminated, Libertas cast the deciding vote and closed the polls 2 minutes later.

In the round in which Serbia was eliminated, the polls closed within 3 minutes of Libertas' vote putting Serbia ahead by two.

In the round in which Malta was eliminated, Libertas cast the deciding vote and closed the polls 23 seconds later.

In the round in which Poland was eliminated, Libertas cast the deciding vote and closed the polls 21 seconds later.

In the round in which France was eliminated, Libertas cast a vote which closed Vatican's lead to 7-3. The polls didn't close until six and a half hours later, during which time 5 votes against France were cast. The polls were closed 32 seconds after the deciding vote was cast.

In the round in which Ireland was eliminated, the polls closed 3 minutes after the deciding vote was cast, and less than an hour after Libertas checked in.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 12:36:54 AM »

Boycott
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »

Well, it's about time!

San Marino
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »

Macedonia
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies