Opinion of David Duke
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of David Duke
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of David Duke
FF

HP

Pond Scum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of David Duke  (Read 4897 times)
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »

Pond Scum.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=93118.0

I doubt the results will change much.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:56 PM »

yeah, but that one's old. This is for the newbies.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

Who voted FF?!
ARescan
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »

We were talking about this guy in class today because we're going over the Reconstruction and the KKK is a main point. My teacher referred to him as the "Robert Redford of Racism."

It was also pretty funny how he showed us this multitude of KKK stuff, keep in mind this man basically buys anything remotely historical and could make a small museum.

HP
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:19 PM »

Massive HP
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »

What amazes me is how an intelligent, academically affluent man can have such a warped worldview and go to no limit making up conspiracy theories and other jibberish to defend his beliefs.  This guy is scientific proof that intellectual capacity and common sense are not linearly proportional.  He also proves that possessing a PhD does not automatically make one morally superior or "enlightened" in comparison to the general population.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »

intelligent, academically affluent man

...wut
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 06:52:17 PM »

Massive HP
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »

Massive HP. Anti-Semite and anti-black. Also a Holocaust denier.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »

Piece of crap.

(option 3).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »

"Affluent" means flowing and abundant, not just in terms of money, but your spam is appreciated
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »

Well he serves a purpose in demonstrating that there are still a lot of people out there who would such abhorrent views. However, he is still worse than pond scum.
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »

A truly evil man.  I think racism has no place in this country or in politics.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »

"Affluent" means flowing and abundant, not just in terms of money, but your spam is appreciated

Angry I know what Affluent means.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »

Yet you think that doing essentially the same thing to those with a different sexual orientation is A-OK? Hypocrisy is an amazing thing...

Pond scum is far too generous a term for David Duke.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »

Yet you think that doing essentially the same thing to those with a different sexual orientation is A-OK? Hypocrisy is an amazing thing...

Pond scum is far too generous a term for David Duke.
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:32 PM »

There is nothing hypocritical about pitying a baby born addicted to crack and condemning an adult who CHOOSES to use crack.  The first can't help it, the second made a lifestyle choice.  The same goes with homosexuality.  The only regret I have about this comparison is that there is nothing to pity in being black, it is a GOOD thing.  Being born addicted to crack is a tragedy.  But it is not the baby's choice.  So...not a perfect analogy.  But the point is made.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

A truly evil man.  I think racism has no place in this country or in politics.

There is nothing hypocritical about pitying a baby born addicted to crack and condemning an adult who CHOOSES to use crack.  The first can't help it, the second made a lifestyle choice.  The same goes with homosexuality.  The only regret I have about this comparison is that there is nothing to pity in being black, it is a GOOD thing.  Being born addicted to crack is a tragedy.  But it is not the baby's choice.  So...not a perfect analogy.  But the point is made.

LOLwut?
Fine then KeeptheChange, I guess we should ban watching TV because that is a lifestyle choice, or how bout religion because after all THAT IS A LIFESTYLE CHOICE.
FAIL.
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »

There is nothing hypocritical about pitying a baby born addicted to crack and condemning an adult who CHOOSES to use crack.  The first can't help it, the second made a lifestyle choice.  The same goes with homosexuality.  The only regret I have about this comparison is that there is nothing to pity in being black, it is a GOOD thing.  Being born addicted to crack is a tragedy.  But it is not the baby's choice.  So...not a perfect analogy.  But the point is made.

LOLwut?
Fine then KeeptheChange, I guess we should ban watching TV because that is a lifestyle choice, or how bout religion because after all THAT IS A LIFESTYLE CHOICE.
FAIL.

I didn't suggest banning anything or anyone.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2010, 06:31:47 PM by Inhofe in 2012 »

LOLwut?
FAIL.

I didn't suggest banning anything or anyone.

Whoops, but my point still stands, allowing discrimination to stand against homosexuals is no different than allowing discrimination against people of religion because people who engage in religious activity are making LIFESTYLE CHOICES. Granted, it explicitly states in the Constitution that religious expression should be protected as should political expression and right now there is nothing that explicitly protects homosexual rights, but it doesn't make it any less equal. One's choice (like you said) of being homosexual does not infringe upon another person's right to be straight and does not harm anyone unless it is forced onto them, housing rights discrimination is unethical and immoral, as are other discrimination against LGBT individuals. Imagine what this nation would be like if apartment landlords were allowed to discrimnate against Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Christians or any other religious group as they saw fit or what if the only way you could get a job in this nation was if you didn't practice religion? I'm not suggesting that homosexuality is a religion, but both are very similar in that the person who practices either is engaging in a personal lifestyle choice that poses no harm to the natural rights of others, these people aren't thieves, they are not murderers, they simply swing a different way than most of America does when it comes to sexual orientation, just like some people in this nation do not worship the Christian God that is worshipped by the majority of the population.
For the record I would prefer state endorsed marriages to be ended for all people, the state has no business forcing itself into such a private personal matter between individuals, I'm all for legal equality. The very least we can give these people are equal civil rights in housing, employment, and domestic rights.
I'm sorry if I came off as harsh, but I think this whole "lifestyle choice" argument is flawed, a majority of the decisions and choices people make are "lifestyle choices". I really think you are a decent person, you definitely don't strike me as a Westboro Baptist vehemently anti-gay person, but I still don't understand why decent godfearing people have so much to fear about the choices of people, especially ones they will probably never ever meet, to be gay. Sure, being gay may not be as inavoidable as say being born a certain race, but just because the person has a choice in this matter doesn't mean it's wrong, especially if by making such a choice they pose no harm to others.
Salaz
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 01:33:39 AM »

FF
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 01:43:33 AM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »

Crazy guy, but I wuuld not surprised if he runs for president in 2016.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies