Favorite Gospel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:12:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Favorite Gospel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Gospel of Matthew

Gospel of Mark

Gospel of Luke

Gospel of John

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Favorite Gospel  (Read 1743 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »

All four gospels offer the same story from a different point of view.  Matthew focused on Jesus, the King.  Mark focused on Jesus, the Servant.  Luke focused on Jesus, the Savior.  John focused on Jesus, the Son of God.  I like all four pretty equally well, but I chose John.  His gospel is the easiest to understand for new Christians and is what I generally recommend new converts to study first.  I especially tell them to really hone in on John 3:16 and apply that logic to the rest of the book and the rest of the Biblical study, for that verse summarizes the entire Bible and the purpose of the Bible in just a few short words.  Luke, is a great gospel, too as it has a "sequel" in the book of Acts which was written by Luke and picks up right where the Gospel of Luke leaves off and goes all the way through the Apostle Paul's ministry.  For a class on Servitude, one should read the Gospel of Mark.  It focuses in on the verse that says "For [Christ] came not to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies