The victimisation of Sarah Palin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The victimisation of Sarah Palin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The victimisation of Sarah Palin  (Read 2027 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2010, 02:38:15 PM by Lunar »

The voice actress who played the teenage girl with down syndrome also has down syndrome...

She put out this statement:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

and in an interview:

Q. When you get asked to play characters who have Down syndrome, does that make you at all uncomfortable?

A.
No, I’m proud of it. I’m not embarrassed. But mostly, it doesn’t matter if you have Down syndrome. Really, it just matters to have a different challenge.

Q.
When did you find out about the reaction that the episode elicited from Sarah Palin and her family?

A.
[laughs] That I did not even know about until my mom told me, “You’re on Channel 4!” And when I watched on Channel 4, on “Extra,” and I saw Sarah Palin with her son Trig. I’m like, “I’m not Trig. This is my life.” I was making fun of Sarah Palin, but not her son.

Q.
Do you agree with what she and her daughter Bristol were saying, that the character and the jokes were insulting to people with Down syndrome?

A.
It’s not really an insult. I was doing my role, I’m an actor. I’m entitled to say something. It was really funny. I was laughing at it. I had a nice time doing voiceover. It was my first time doing a voiceover, and I had fun.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies