The victimisation of Sarah Palin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:01:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The victimisation of Sarah Palin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The victimisation of Sarah Palin  (Read 2041 times)
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« on: February 19, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »

I'm siding with Sarah on this one. Family Guy was extremely out of line on this. Palin's kids became public figures when she became McCain's VP nominee. But that still doesn't mean it should be okay for them to be picked on like this. They don't deserve it. If this was Obama's kids being picked at, everyone on both sides of the aisle would be all over them for it.

Exactly, let's see some trashy humor against Sasha and Malia, and then we could see how all these apologists here would respond.

Good point, Libertas.

As I said in the other thread, I think that joke was something inappropriate. Yes, the fact that Palin is trying to attract votes by using her children is even more disgusting, but that has nothing to do with her son's right to be respected. I personally believe the only thing she should have done was asking for respect, not this melodramatic show whose sole objective is the political one.

I can understand the people who say "it's only a joke". However, let's put yourselves in the place of someone who has a relative with down syndrome. You might get hurt if your hear something like that, even if it hasn't bad intentions. It's perfectly comprehensible that they complain about it and that they criticise it.
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »

However, let's put yourselves in the place of someone who has a relative with down syndrome.

Similarly, you shouldn't presume that we don't. 

I didn't. I just encouraged you to do it as you were reading. I'm not into your mind and if you don't  write that you do put yourself in their place, there's no way I can know it. Anyway, I'm sorry if I bothered you, it wasn't my intention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies