The victimisation of Sarah Palin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:00:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The victimisation of Sarah Palin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The victimisation of Sarah Palin  (Read 2032 times)
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« on: February 17, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »

I'm siding with Sarah on this one. Family Guy was extremely out of line on this. Palin's kids became public figures when she became McCain's VP nominee. But that still doesn't mean it should be okay for them to be picked on like this. They don't deserve it. If this was Obama's kids being picked at, everyone on both sides of the aisle would be all over them for it.

Exactly, let's see some trashy humor against Sasha and Malia, and then we could see how all these apologists here would respond.

Most people who are conservative would probably be laughing at trashy humor if it was against Obama's kids. In fact, they insult Obama and his family all the time. The Republicans are mad only because it was against Palin's kids.

We already know how they got mad when Rahm Emanuel, a Democrat, used the "R-word". But when Rush Limbaugh, a Republican, used the exact same word, they didn't even care. That's how hypocritical the GOP usually is.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2010, 10:48:17 PM by Anthony »

Sasha and Malia never get the treatment Palin's kid got on television. Don't make up lies, please.

True, they haven't gotten this kind of treatment yet on TV. Nor did I even say that they did, if you take another look at what I wrote. What I said was that Obama and his family are often insulted by Republicans all the time. For example, I've been to websites before where people who are conservative tend to talk badly and hatefully about not just Obama, but also about his family sometimes. I did say that IF Obama's kids had this kind of humor directed at them on TV, most of the Repugs would find it hilarious, and might even start repeating it over and over again. I never said Obama's kids were ridiculed on TV like Palin's kids were. Therefore, I was not making up lies, as you suggested.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not neccessarily just Palin. But also how some Republicans, who happen to be Palin supporters, got made at Rahm Emanuel when he said that word, but they still listen to(or at least haven't criticized) Rush Limbaugh, who also said that word. The point of that is how these people get mad when a Democrat does or says something that is wrong, but they don't really seem to care that much at all if a Republican does it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies