Will Republicans lose any Senate seats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:18:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Republicans lose any Senate seats?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which seats will Republicans lose in 2010?
None - Party like its 1994!

Missouri

Ohio

New Hampshire

Kentucky

Florida

North Carolina

Other (unmentioned state)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Will Republicans lose any Senate seats?  (Read 2549 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »

None, they hold and gain 7-9 seats.

Are you revising your predictions down? You said the worst case scenario for Republicans was a gain of 9 seats on Wednesday.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

I say 4-6 seats, net gain, the GOP will have to sweep every battleground race and the Dems pick up none and thats highly unlikely. I believe MO and OH are tossups and NH is in the lean category.  If Strickland can win his race, OH becomes more of a tossup. 
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »

None, they hold and gain 7-9 seats.

Pretty much.  Though by November, I am confident things will be so bad for the country economically that the gain might be 9-11 seats.  And we'll retake the House, also.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »

I say 4-6 seats, net gain, the GOP will have to sweep every battleground race and the Dems pick up none and thats highly unlikely. I believe MO and OH are tossups and NH is in the lean category.  If Strickland can win his race, OH becomes more of a tossup. 

There's no way Missouri is tossup.  It's lean-D at worst.  Robin Carnahan will tear Roy Blunt apart.  You forget the power of the name "Carnahan" in Missouri politics.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »

MO, NH, OH, and NC are as possibilities. Obviously they aren't if the election is held tomorrow, but it will actually be held in November, something people seem to forget.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »

There's no way Missouri is tossup.  It's lean-D at worst.  Robin Carnahan will tear Roy Blunt apart.  You forget the power of the name "Carnahan" in Missouri politics.

Lean-D? Have you been paying attention to the polling lately?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

I'd call it lean-R, actually. Missouri doesn't seem to care about the name anymore.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

Lean-D? Have you been paying attention to the polling lately?

Most of which have been Rasmussen, so take that with a grain of salt.. and we all know how polls are always correct (see New Hampshire).

I'd call MO tossup with the best chance at flipping simply because you have an unethical Washington insider who's funneled by DC lobbyists and a right-wing nut job with an unpopular last name going up against a moderate, respected and popular member of a dynasty in the state who in 2008 received more votes cast for any candidate in Missouri history. Blunt has the national atmosphere at his back and can feed off the anti-Obama sentiment that runs rampant throughout the country, particularly in the rural areas where Obama was never all that popular. I guess it also depends on turnout. Blunt will rack up the margins in Southwest Missouri in his home congressional district (the most conservative part of the state); it just really depends on how well he does in the other rural parts of the state in northern and Southeast Missouri. African American turnout will probably be low, which will hurt Robin, but she could make up for it depending on how strong her message is in the rural counties which in 2008 she proved she has no problem winning, and yes, I realize a U.S. Senate race is different from a statewide election as Secretary of State. Pure tossup right now, and the campaign hasn't even started yet here in Missouri. A lot can happen in between now and November.

If MO doesn't flip, then I doubt any other seats will flip and I can see Republicans holding onto all the other open seats. If MO does flip, that opens up the possibility for NH and OH in that order.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies