The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26097 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2004, 01:37:26 PM »

Just a small correction: Akno21 is Vice-Chair of the AFDNC; Fritz is Chair of the AFDNC.  Akno21 is only head of the AFDNC when Fritz is away or otherwise unable to perform his duties.

Yes, I am Vice-Chair, not the head.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2004, 05:14:03 PM »

Corrections
In our November 22nd article President PBrunsel Gives First State of the Atlas Address we mentioned that Akno21 is currently head of the AFDNC. Akno21 is actually the Vice-Chair of the AFDNC. We apologize for any incoveniences.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2004, 07:44:28 PM »

Senator Siege40 Campaigns in the Northeast
Siege Campaign Continues to Draw Support in District 2;  Senator Siege's Prospects Continue to Grow
By: Siege40

In recent events Senator Siege40 has been tearing up the campaign trail. It started last week when he announced his intention to run in the Midterm elections. He started off in Augusta, Maine, where he holds his constituency office. From there he bolted north to Van Buren, Maine and then campaigned down I-95 until returning to Portland. Mayor of Portland, Keith Aitken is quoted as saying, "While I don't always agree with the Former Governor, and current Senator, he is always thinking about the citizens of Maine, the Northeast and District 2."But the Senator didn't stop there, he recently has been campaigning in New Hampshire and Vermont. For the most part he has been campaigning in the Northern communities with large numbers of French Canadian citizens, where he has been giving bilingual speeches. In one speech in Orleans County, Vermont he has been quoted as saying, "Je sais que vous pensez que les politiciens n'entend, mais, j'entend et, je vais continuer entendre!" (I know that you think that the politicians don't listen, but I listen, and I will continue to listen!).Finally, yesterday, the Senator held a major rally in Burlington, Vermont. The crowd was responsive, given that the Senator has recently hinted to perhaps moving to The Green Mountain State. Later that afternoon Siege took tough questions saying that his campaign lacked a theme and that he has yet to contribute anything seriously to the Senate. To which the Senator help up the latest draft of the Clean Energy Act and the Defending Atlasia: F-22 Bill. However, this journalist must point out that so far the Siege agenda has not been made clear. And despite his lead, one must wonder, does Siege deserve 4 more months?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2004, 10:02:43 AM »

Governors Race Endorsements

Midwest
Dabeav (L-MN)

Southeast
Ernest (I-SC)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2004, 12:59:43 PM »

Midwest
Dabeav (L-MN)

Southeast
Ernest (I-SC)

No endorsement for the Pacific?
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2004, 02:02:06 PM »

Midwest
Dabeav (L-MN)

Southeast
Ernest (I-SC)

On behalf of Dabeav and the AFLP, I'll extend a thanks to the National Atlasian for this endorsement.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2004, 02:06:09 PM »

Fritz Resigns
Akno Becomes Interim Chairman

AFDNC chairman Fritz resigned yesterday after first saying that he would be unable to moderate a debate for the District 5 Senate race. The reason was that “since becoming employed, I have not been able to devote as much time to the forums as I have in the past” he also stated that the party was better served by what he described as “a more active Chairman.” Fritz did not say anything about his job as Secretary of Forum Affairs and according to sources he will not be stepping down from the SoFA post.

After Fritz’s surprise resignation Vice-Chairman and Owner of MANN, Akno21, will take over as Party Chairman and it appears that he will probably have the best chance of becoming the next Party Chairman when the AFDNC elects a chairman at their national convention. Mr. Akno is a Former Senator and former Vice Presidential candidate from Maryland.

He will have big shoes to fill though. Fritz brought back the AFDNC from near extinction to become one of the largest parties in Atlasia. As Senator Defarge comments upon Fritz’s resignation, “Fritz leaves an unmatchable legacy.  Through sheer force of will, he resurrected the Democratic Party.  It is sad to see our great party chairman leave.” Mr. Akno has said that his first duty will be to campaign in Midterm elections and to make sure that the Democrats keep their majority in the Senate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2004, 04:53:18 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Fritz to Retire SoFA Post
Will Leave Office at the end of President PBrunsel's 1st Term in February

Sources within the Department of Forum Affairs have informed the National Atlasian that Secretary Fritz will retire shortly after the February 2005 Presidential Election. "I'm planning some big things in my personal life during the March-April-May time frame," said Fritz in a phone conversation with the National Atlasian, "I should not be holding any offices here in the spring."

Fritz is the longest serving cabinet member, being Secretary of Forum Affairs under the Gustaf, John F. Kennedy, and PBrunsel Administrations and Secretary of Labor under the Nym Administration.

We will have more on this story as it develops.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2004, 05:07:18 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Fritz to Retire SoFA Post
Will Leave Office at the end of President PBrunsel's 1st Term in February

Sources within the Department of Forum Affairs have informed the National Atlasian that Secretary Fritz will retire shortly after the February 2005 Presidential Election. "I'm planning some big things in my personal life during the March-April-May time frame," said Fritz in a phone conversation with the National Atlasian, "I should not be holding any offices here in the spring."

Fritz is the longest serving cabinet member, being Secretary of Forum Affairs under the Gustaf, John F. Kennedy, and PBrunsel Administrations and Secretary of Labor under the Nym Administration.

We will have more on this story as it develops.

This is King lurking around AFDNC boards, don't get too impressed Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

“TAK SOULTY” SIGNS NOW AVAILABLE

For immediate release:

MEMPHIS, TN  -  “Tak Soulty” signs are now available for forum members who wish to show their solidarity with supporters of Victor Yuschenko in the Ukraine as well as Senate candidate Supersoulty as they strive for free and fair elections in their respective nations.  “Tak Yuschenko” is the common slogan of “Our Ukraine”, the pro-western reformist political party of Yuschenko.  This effort was the idea of former Senator King, a UAC affiliate member from California, and was produced by Htmldon, a Constitutional Union Party member from Tennessee and former Governor.  These signs can be obtained free of charge from http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=13327.0
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2004, 05:20:56 PM »

December 2004 Midterm Election Coverage
9 More Days Until the Final Atlasian Election of 2004

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2004, 05:25:04 PM »

Oh come on, King. Don't say that.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2004, 05:26:08 PM »

Why not? It's the truth. It Atlasian time it is basically the turn of the century, nothing to be ashamed of.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2004, 05:27:36 PM »

Why not? It's the truth. It Atlasian time it is basically the turn of the century, nothing to be ashamed of.

This won't be the final election and saying that stuff is what would really discourage members from participating.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2004, 05:40:07 PM »

This won't be the final election and saying that stuff is what would really discourage members from participating.

NOTE, I said OF 2004 meaning there will be more in 2005!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2004, 05:49:27 PM »

NOTE, I said OF 2004 meaning there will be more in 2005!!!

Ha! Sorry. I misread the post thinking that you meant this would be the last election in Atlasian history.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2004, 06:22:01 PM »

National Atlasian Goes to Time Square
Live Election Results from the Heart of Time Square

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2004, 06:25:21 PM »

National Atlasian Goes to Time Square
Live Election Results from the Heart of Time Square

Nice, although I'm wondering why green was used for my color.  No biggie, though.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2004, 06:42:36 PM »

I guess that the Southeastern Gubernatorial Election on the weekend of the 17th doesn't count as an Atlasian election then. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2004, 08:20:19 PM »

I guess that the Southeastern Gubernatorial Election on the weekend of the 17th doesn't count as an Atlasian election then. Sad

Oh yeah. Sorry, what are you guys doing, not being concurrent? You would get higher turnout that way.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2004, 08:44:09 PM »

The SE Constitution doesn't bump things up a week for just December like the AF one does.  Otherwise, ew are concurrent with the Senate elections.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2004, 02:37:51 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2004, 08:20:57 PM by ColinW »

In Defense of a Plant
Thoughts on the Legalization Debate
By badnarikin04

People like to tell you that marijuana is evil. People like to tell you it funds terrorism. People like to tell you that there are many innocent victims of marijuana. People like to tell you that marijuana makes you a criminal. It’s just a few of the many things people like to tell you to keep you away from the bad things in life, right?

That may be how these things enter your ears, but in my concerned Atlasian mind, it’s one of the many things people like to tell me to simply scare me away from what’s unknown to them. These people look at marijuana and see moral decay, children without parents, and terrorist training. To me, this is utter blasphemy and government brainwashing at work right in front of my eyes. I see something different when I look at marijuana.

When I look at marijuana, I see a plant. A specimen that lives in the ground and grows. It’s green, it has leaves, and it’s part of that dark, treacherous void I like to call nature. Scandalous, isn’t it? A quick aside to those aforementioned propagandists, I really, honestly, tried to look at it your way, but the sight of a benign cannabis plant fails to make me tremble in fear.

Ok, I’ll admit, it does get you high and makes you slightly loopy. It does make it unsafe to drive while under its influence. But that’s not the top problem currently related to marijuana. The big problem facing us is the fact that so many people are taking up loads of space in our jails simply for smoking this plant as well as buying or selling it. Jail is meant for those who go out of their ways to infringe on the rights of others to live their lives at their will; not those whose intent is to go out, buy some weed, and go straight back home to smoke it.

And what if we eliminated the need for dangerous cartels and dealers to operate and allowed companies and corporations to manufacture and sell weed? I don’t see anything bad there. If I do see anything here, it’s an ENORMOUS ECONOMIC BOOM. Not only will current marijuana users finally contribute to our economy, but those who wanted to use weed and simply could not find it will now have that capability. There’s endless potential for a gargantuan marijuana market involving loads of jobs.

If I’m not mistaken, I just gave 2 huge reasons to legalize marijuana. Lower crime rate and a huge economic boost. I’m not saying that marijuana has beneficial effects on an individual. It’s a bad drug, and I support age restrictions for the sale of it and reinforcement of DUI laws. We should also make it known to everyone that marijuana is harmful so that they are fully aware of the consequences of the action. The sales of marijuana should be similar to that of tobacco, for example.

Let’s face it, the prohibition of marijuana is as much of a miserable failure as the prohibition of alcohol was many years ago. It’s time to end it and choose the less harmful choice: legalization.

We have an opportunity to bring this to the Atlasian people by getting behind the Marijuana Legalization Act brought to the Senate thanks to Senators IrishDemocrat and Bono. It’s the least we can do to make amends with some plant we’ve been antagonizing for years.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2004, 06:24:58 PM »

December 2004 Elections Countdown
The Last TWO Fantasy Elections of 2004

(Southeast included due to popular demand)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2004, 05:55:55 PM »

December 2004 Elections Countdown
The Last TWO Fantasy Elections of 2004

(Southeast included due to popular demand)
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2004, 10:59:52 PM »

bump!

Make sure you all read my marijuana story!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies