The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:46:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26042 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2004, 11:01:43 PM »

bump!

Make sure you all read my marijuana story!

Good, but I still think we should have a ban on pot.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2004, 11:04:36 PM »

December 2004 Elections Countdown
The Last TWO Fantasy Elections of 2004

(Southeast included due to popular demand)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2004, 11:15:21 PM »

bump!

Make sure you all read my marijuana story!

While I do think pot should be criminalized, I view this as being a issue for the individual states or regions to control and not the federal government to make law upon.

So, I do support the Marijuana Legalization Act, but I would support it being criminalized in my particular district.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2004, 06:20:28 PM »

Results of our Final Poll
All but 2 races tossup!

DISTRICT 1 (Full)
SuperSoulty
    10 (66.7%)
Bulldog
    5 (33.3%)

DISTRICT 1 (Special)
Andrew
    8 (53.3%)
True Democrat
    7 (46.7%)

DISTRICT 2
Siege40
    5 (55.6%)
Badnarikin04
    4 (44.4%)

DISTRICT 3
Al
    7 (53.8%)
WRITE-IN: Texasgurl
    6 (46.2%)

DISTRICT 4
Hermit
    5 (45.5%)
Harry
    4 (36.4%)
WRITE-IN: John Dibble
    1 (9.1%)
Undecided
    1 (9.1%)

DISTRICT 5
Gabu
    6 (54.5%)
StevenNick
    4 (36.4%)
Undecided
    1 (9.1%)

PACIFIC GOVERNOR
Wildcard
    8 (80.0%)
WRITE-IN: Jesus
    1 (10.0%)
Undecided
    1 (10.0%)

MIDWEST GOVERNOR
Ilikeverin
    4 (44.4%)
Dabeav
    4 (44.4%)
Undecided
    1 (11.1%)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »

IrishDem Confesses to Voter Fraud
Withdraws from Senate Race; Atlasia Rocked By Biggest Scandal Since Harrygate

Over the weekend Senator IrishDem confessed to voter fraud. He confessed to fraudulently re-registering as GirlGoneWild to gain a Democratic voter for his sinking campaign.

This came after days of accusations from AFRNC officials that the Democrats were registering newbies on the forum so that they could have enough pocket votes to win the upcoming Midterm Senatorial election against former Vice President Chris Soult. Senator IrishDem’s confession came after what the AFDNC said was a questioning of IrishDem.

Acting AFDNC Chairman and IrishDem campaign manager, Akno, said that he was one of the many people who forced IrishDem into confessing. According to sources inside the AFDNC the whole series of events began on Tuesday of last week when, in a conversation with the Senator, Democrat Alcon San Croix was told by the Senator that he was GirlGoneWild and he had create that fraudulent registration so as to create more Democratic votes for his sagging campaign.

Mr. San Croix than passed this information on to AFDNC Interim Chairman Akno21 who waited to contact the Senator before going public. During this conversation he found at that what Mr. San Croix’s allegations were true and convinced the Senator to confess to Voter Fraud.

Since his confession people from all sides of the political spectrum have denounced the actions of IrishDem. While early reports of a wider scandal have been to a large part debunked there is still the spectre of the largest scandal in recent Atlasian history before us. IrishDem’s name will forever be marred, for good reason, because of his actions.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »

The Centre Cannot Hold
UAC Is Officially Dead; Top UAC Officials Become Independents, Members of Union Party

It is safe to say that the United Atlas Centrists Party is officially dead. The party of Gustaf, JFK, Supersoulty, KEmp, King and Nation is dead. Today marked the passing of UAC luminaries into Independent status. Several, King, Andrew and others, have joined the Constitutional Union Party which has grown from a membership of two people to now being the largest Centrist party in Atlasia.

The efforts of Hughento and Gustaf to try and create a United Centrist Front went nowhere and the UAC collapsed in upon itself. Chief Justice KEmp said earlier today, “The UAC is collapsing,” as he officially became an Independent. Senator John F. Kennedy said that, “I am sick of party politics on these boards, each month seems to be more like a fifty year period in British politics in terms of the power of the parties.” It seems as though the Senators words were more in frustration of the demise of the UAC, and the rise of the Union Party, more than anything else.

Don’s Constitutional Union Party of Atlasia has come out on top from the demise of the UAC. While many former UACers are now Independents a great many have joined the new Constitutional Union Party.

No one, including this reporter, thought that the “Union” Party would be more than a flash in the pan but they have slowly grown from a party that could at best be a southern offshoot of the UAC, much like the Southern Republican/States Rights Party, to becoming the heir apparent to the UAC and have a candidate in the lead in a major Senate race.

While the UAC is not totally gone, the D5/Western UAC structure is still very much alive, it has ceased to be any more than a party in decline. Atlasia can expect to hear the very last of the UAC very soon but may the party’s history remain for it is a major party of Atlasia. A salute to the UAC and all its hard working politicos.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:23 PM »

New Poll Numbers Out
Surprises in Quite a Few Races

New National Atlasian Poll numbers came out today that showed some interesting developments in the week before the Midterms.

In District 1, The Bulldog seems to have slightly more support than IrishDem did but his numbers still remain in the low thirties as the poll currently has Supersoulty winning with 66.7% of the vote to The Bulldog’s 33.3%. The numbers still look good for the former Vice President as the count down to voting begins.

In District 2, Libertarian candidate Badnarikin04 has really pulled up on Senator Siege. Currently the Senator has 55.6% to Mr. Badnarikin04’s 44.4% but the race appears to be close to a tie when counting RedeafeatBush’s vote which was not included in the poll.

In District 3, Al is barely leading over incumbent write-in candidate Texasgurl who had dropped out of the race two days before the poll was taken. A very strong write-in campaign though seems to be in affect in one of the tightest races in the country.

In District 4, Hermit has a  slightly lead over Senator Harry while Libertarian John Dibble takes third place. The current results are 45.5% Hermit, 36.4% Harry, 9.1% John Dibble and 9.1% Undecided. If John Dibble voters preference Hermit above Harry though the margin of victory of the former Sec States grows to a much more comfortable margin.

The latest out of District 5 still show Gabu with lead over Senator Steven Nick although these number do not take into account the many inactive pocket UAC/GOP pocket voters in the West to probably re-elect the Senator.

In the District 1 Special Election is much closer with former VP Andrew taking 53.3% to True Democrat 46.7%. It seems the True Democrat has been able to brush away any lingering ill effects of the IrishDem scandal to make this Special Election very close and give the Democrats a fighting chance at IrishDem’s vacant seat.

In the governors races, one out West and one in the Midwest, one is a tie and one has only one candidate. In the West/Pacific, Governor Wildcard seems certain to slide into another victory with 80% of the vote.

The Midwestern race though is a total free for all. It is currently a tie between Dabeav and Ilikeverin. To try to blacken the record of his opponent Governor Ilikeverin has begun running a smear campaign against Dabeav in hopes of winning over voters. The undecideds are going to determine this race as it is current 44.4%-44.4% with 11.1% of voters undecided.

There are plenty of close races in this Midterm and many interesting Special and Gubernatorial Elections. Most of the races are tossups as we head into the final days before the voting booths open.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2004, 09:02:31 PM »

Interview With A Founder
The National Atlasian Interviews Don About the Rise of His Party and the Decline of the UAC

ColinWixted: Don, can you give us any thoughts on the rapid growth of the Constitutional Union Party and the demise of the UAC?

htmldon: Well, I'm excited about the rapid growth but I never wished any ill-will on my former party.  I am grateful to the people who have joined the Union Party and who share our common mission and values.  We now have some of the absolute best leaders in all of Atlasia on our team now and I would like to express my gratitude for their leadership.

ColinWixted: What do you see for the future of your party? Are their any other races that you are likely to go into, like future Senatorial, Presidential and Gubernatorial races, and are you going to try to reach out to other UACers who are now independents?

htmldon: All of that is up to our membership really and what their own ambitions are.  I think we've got a good platform going to make a real difference for the citizens of Atlasia.  We will endorse where necessary, and run candidates wherever we can.  Vote for Hermit!  :-)
There are a couple of former UACers who I was hoping would join our cause and I believe they will in the course of time.  We will reach out to anyone who shares our vision and values.

ColinWixted: Do you consider your party the heir apparent to the United Atlas Centrist Party and what do you think spurred this sudden growth of the Constitutional Union Party?

htmldon: Hmm.. well I wouldn't say "heir" to the UAC.  We are a party that is founded on some fundamental ideological principles.  I think it would be very difficult for someone to challenge our membership by saying we lack principle, as was unfortunately done to the early UAC.  We have democratic structures - and unlike the UAC and more so than any other party, we have regional structures that will eventually allow the regional Union Parties to act more autonomously.
htmldon: Growth attracts growth.  Hopefully the attraction will continue :-)

ColinWixted: What do you have to say to those people who doubted your party and thought that you created the Constitutional Union Party to spite the UAC?

htmldon: I think our success in attracting new members speaks for itself.  We're here to elect centrists and people who share our views.  These aren't entirely different from what the UAC was, so I don't see too much of a conflict there.

ColinWixted: And finally do you and the Constitutional Union Party back re-election of South-eastern Governor Ernest?

htmldon: (continuing from the other question) I could have easily been the only Union Party member.  As you know and have pointed out, I'm not the world's best recruiter.  I just laid something on the table, and some other folks came along.  I'm very proud of that.
htmldon: This would be up to the South-eastern Regional Association of the Union Party and he certainly has my vote.

ColinWixted: Thank you Don for your wonderful interview. Best of luck with Atlasia's newest Major Party
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2004, 05:40:42 PM »

Remember to turn to the National Atlasian for all the best election coverage. We will be here with the best in Atlasian news coverage from the opening of the polls on Friday to the closing of the polls late Sunday night. Remember to turn to Atlasia's best and highest rated Election Coverage, the National Atlasian Excellence in Journalism.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2004, 03:22:13 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2004, 03:24:14 AM by King »

New Poll Numbers
Data we just couldn't keep to ourselves!

DISTRICT 1 (full)
SuperSoulty (63%)
Bulldog (37%)

DISTRICT 1 (special)
Andrew (60%)
True Democrat (40%)

DISTRICT 2
Siege40 (50%)
Badnarikin04 (50%)

DISTRICT 3
Al (69%)
Texasgurl (31%)

DISTRICT 4
Hermit (50%)
Harry (34%)
Dibble (8%)
Undecided (8%)

DISTRICT 5
Gabu (50%)
StevenNick (34%)
PBrunsel (8%)
Undecided (8%)

MIDWEST GOVERNOR
Dabeav (50%)
Ilikeverin (40%)
Undecided (10%)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2004, 10:53:12 AM »

New Poll Numbers
Data we just couldn't keep to ourselves!

DISTRICT 1 (full)
SuperSoulty (63%)
Bulldog (37%)

DISTRICT 1 (special)
Andrew (60%)
True Democrat (40%)

DISTRICT 2
Siege40 (50%)
Badnarikin04 (50%)

DISTRICT 3
Al (69%)
Texasgurl (31%)

DISTRICT 4
Hermit (50%)
Harry (34%)
Dibble (8%)
Undecided (8%)

DISTRICT 5
Gabu (50%)
StevenNick (34%)
PBrunsel (8%)
Undecided (8%)

MIDWEST GOVERNOR
Dabeav (50%)
Ilikeverin (40%)
Undecided (10%)
What the heck? Somebody voted for PB for Senate? He must have been crazy. Have to hate some of those pointless write-ins.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2004, 03:26:52 PM »

District 4 Preferential Endorsement

District 4 Preferences
1. WMS
2. Hermit
3. Harry

While we here at the National Atlasian support former Sec State Hermit in his bid for the Senate we consider that his absence from Atlasia as of late is very troubling. It is my opinion that District 4 should have an active Senator and while we consider Hermit to be a great candidate and we are hoping for his victory come the 12th we consider WMS to be an excellent first preference.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2004, 12:02:24 AM »

District 4 Preferences
1. WMS
2. Hermit
3. Harry

While we here at the National Atlasian support former Sec State Hermit in his bid for the Senate we consider that his absence from Atlasia as of late is very troubling. It is my opinion that District 4 should have an active Senator and while we consider Hermit to be a great candidate and we are hoping for his victory come the 12th we consider WMS to be an excellent first preference.

I thank The National Atlasian for its support! Smiley I think you have to put "WRITE-IN" before "WMS", however. I'll ask the Secretary of Forum Affairs about that.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2004, 01:57:17 PM »

For real-time election coverage go to:
http://king.motivostudios.com/results/

The National Atlasian's Midterm Election Site for all the latest election results and news.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2004, 03:35:31 PM »

Results as of 3:33 PM EST

District 1 Full
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 7
The Bulldog (D-NY)- 4

District 1 Special
True Democrat (D-PA)- 4
Andrew Berger (UP-NY)- 7
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 1

District 2
Siege40 (UL-ME)- 6
Badnarikin04 (L-NH)- 3

District 3
Texasgurl (RF-WI)- 1
Al (I-WV)- 7

District 4
Harry (D-MS)- 1
Hermit (UP-TX)- 2
WMS (AF-PA)- 2    Write-in
John Dibble (L-GA)- 1 Write

District 5
StevenNick (R-WA)- 3
Gabu (D-WA)- 4
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2004, 05:56:46 PM »

Results as of 5:57 PM EST

District 1 Full
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 8
The Bulldog (D-NY)- 5

District 1 Special
True Democrat (D-PA)- 6
Andrew Berger (UP-NY)- 8
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 1

District 2
Siege40 (UL-ME)- 8
Badnarikin04 (L-NH)- 3

District 3
Texasgurl (RF-WI)- 1
Al (I-WV)- 12

District 4
Harry (D-MS)- 1
Hermit (UP-TX)- 2
WMS (AF-PA)- 3    Write-in
John Dibble (L-GA)- 1 Write-in

District 5
StevenNick (R-WA)- 4
Gabu (D-WA)- 4
King (UP-CA)- 1   Write-in

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2004, 06:04:49 PM »

With preferential voting:

District 4

Hermit 3
WMS    3
None   1

District 5

StevenNick 5
Gabu          4
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2004, 06:16:15 PM »

The National Atlasian PROJECTION
Siege40 projected winner in District 2
Al projected winner in District 3
Last minute candidate WMS projected winner in District 4

Visit http://king.motivostudios.com/results/ as the results come in...

Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2004, 06:18:17 PM »

YAY!

But it's not over yet.

Siege
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

Tell me about it - I don't think D4 will be settled until the last second! Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2004, 08:41:19 PM »

District 4 Preferences
1. WMS
2. Hermit
3. Harry

I don't understand how I'm not an active senator...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2004, 08:45:05 PM »

Senator Harry,
Your views do not reflect those of the National Atlasian Editorial Staff. While we consider you a great Atlasian and a venerable public servant we consider WMS and the late Former Sec State Hermit to have positions closer to those that are advanced by the Editorial staff. Thank you though for your service in the Senate.
Colin Wixted
Editor-in-Chief
National Atlasian
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2004, 08:46:10 PM »

Senator Harry,
Your views do not reflect those of the National Atlasian Editorial Staff. While we consider you a great Atlasian and a venerable public servant we consider WMS and the late Former Sec State Hermit to have positions closer to those that are advanced by the Editorial staff. Thank you though for your service in the Senate.
Colin Wixted
Editor-in-Chief
National Atlasian
fair enough
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2004, 08:48:19 PM »

The National Atlasian: BREAKING NEWS

The National Atlasian has just received information from the bureau of elections in Mississippi, Texas, and Florida will not start counting absentee ballots in strong Harry areas due to voting machine irregularities, because of this we will be retracting our projection of WMS in District 4.
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2004, 09:14:58 PM »

Damn right it's not over.

Not over now, and won't be afterwards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies