The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:08:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26044 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2005, 07:25:30 PM »

The NRA will hunt you down like a Pointer.

Who runs the NRA around these parts, or will I have to form the organization myself?

We need an NRA...

Seems like a good idea for my post Presidency.

We also need a Christian Temperance League. Smiley

Errr You can do that....
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2005, 09:49:07 PM by Senate Candidate Colin Wixted »

Senator John Kennedy Says That He Will Not Seek Another Term
Bartlett, King Both Vie For the Precious D5 Seat[/i]

Two days ago Senator Kennedy announced that he will not be running for another term. Mr. Kennedy, who has been Senator and President with many stints as President Pro Tempore of the Senate, said that it was because of personal reason and would not give a definite answer on his dropping out of the race.

Almost immediately former Senator King announced that he was going to run as Constitutional Union Party candidate for the illustrious Senators seat. Soon former Senator and a former leader of the AFIP, and current Independent, Hugh Bartlett announced his intentions to run for election to the D5 senate seat.

His announcement was fallowed by endorsement by several major left-wing Atlasians. Mr. Bartlett, who has experience as Senator from doing a term from District Three, has said that we will stand committed to the “fundamental ideals of social justice and economic reason” and that he wont release “any rash and impossible policies during my [Mr. Bartlett’s] campaign”. Hugh then went on in his speech to state that District Five is composed of beautiful natural wonders and the best people in Atlasia.

King has stated that we will serve the legacy of Senator John Kennedy and will give the centre-right a strong candidate to stand up to Mr. Bartlett. As always the District Five race will be between two great men, two great politicians and two great Atlasians.

It seems as though the politics of District 5, which were consider, just three months ago, to be the most stable in the country, have become as volatile and as competitive as the rest of Atlasia. 
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

Hugh was not head of the AFIP.  No one was head of the AFIP!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2005, 07:48:05 PM »

I would like to issue a small clarification-I statd that District Fie had the BEST, but not the only, natural beauty in Atlasia, and that the people, not just politicians, of D5 were of the highest quality. Also, I was a leader but not head of the AFIP.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2005, 07:50:51 PM »

Debate Begins Over Senator JFK’s Memorial
New Monument to Former Senator Proposed[/i]

In the Senate today, Senator Chris Soult of District One presented a bill before the Senate to build a monument to former President and President Pro Tempore John Kennedy near the Potomac River.

This automatically got rave reviews from the other Senators and has a very good chance of passing. The monument would be shaped like a rotunda and would have, at its centre, a statue of the well liked Senator and President.

The monument’s budget is $50 million dollars which was thought by some to be too much but the criticism of the plan were few and far between. Many consider this to be a great honour to the person who many consider to be the best politician, best president, and best senator, in Atlasian history.

Of course Senator Kennedy said that this would not be the end of his political career and that this will not be the last of Mr. Kennedy. We here at the National Atlasian certainly hope not. 
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2005, 07:52:29 PM »

I would like to issue a small clarification-I statd that District Fie had the BEST, but not the only, natural beauty in Atlasia, and that the people, not just politicians, of D5 were of the highest quality. Also, I was a leader but not head of the AFIP.

Corrected it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2005, 09:43:54 PM »

His announcement was fallowed by endorsement by several major left-wing Atlasians including Senator Gabu.

Err, when did I endorse Hughento?  I like both candidates and am currently undecided; I hope that we can have a District 5 debate so we can compare and contrast the candidates.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2005, 09:48:42 PM »

His announcement was fallowed by endorsement by several major left-wing Atlasians including Senator Gabu.

Err, when did I endorse Hughento?  I like both candidates and am currently undecided; I hope that we can have a District 5 debate so we can compare and contrast the candidates.

Oh god I'll change that.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2005, 06:20:24 PM »

Updated Endorsements

Mideast Governor

1. DanielX
2. Peter Bell

Northeastern Governor

1. MAS117

Southeastern Governor

1. Ernest
2. Jake
3. htmldon
(This election uses approval voting)

District One Senate

1. ColinW
2. Nation

District Two Senate

1. Bono
2. Akno

District Three Senate

1. NOTA (None of the Above)

District Four

1. StatesRights

District Five

1. King
2. Hugh
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2005, 03:09:01 PM »

The Emblem of the South Is In
Senator StatesRights to be Presidential Candidate[/i]

Senator StatesRights announced yesterday that he is planning on running for the Presidency. While he stated that he could not win the race according to statements received by the National Atlasian he said he wants a more Conservative candidate than Justice Emperor to run for President.

His candidacy though has been marred by turmoil since he announced it. Almost immediately several high level Republicans and Moderates called for the Senator from District Four to drop out. The loudest of these voices was Vice President Keystone Phil. The Vice President is known for his extreme anti-preferential voting system ideas.

He stated that StatesRights would split the right, although this would not happen if people like the Vice President used the preferential voting system. These voices though seemed in the minority though as the Senators campaign started up in full.

The hardest fight for the Senator is for the Republican endorsement. A primary battle has ensued in the Republican party with the party split by the StatesRights candidacy. Although a majority are coming out to support Mr. Emperor, Mr. StatesRights has a very good following within the AFRNC.

While the Republicans try to decide who to endorse Senator StatesRights’ campaign has just been hit with shocking news. Jake Nichols of Georgia, who was to be the Senators running mate, has said that he will not accept any VP nod now that he is GM. This leaves the StatesRights campaign in jeopardy.

Without a VP candidate and without the endorsement of the AFRNC the Senator would be in a very tough spot. One thing is for certain though when the AFRNC convention is held at the end of the month it will be a different party and possibly a party divided.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »

Trolls and Inactives
What a Way to Run a Primary[/i]

The Democrats and the Republicans are currently holding their primaries and one sight to see is all the trolls and inactives who haven’t been heard from in months suddenly showing up to voice their support for certain candidates.

The Republican primary has been full of trolls and inactives. Ten out of the seventeen people who have voted in the AFRNC primary are inactive. Some haven’t even been seen on the forum in months.

One major inactive, Moorein08, who famously said while voting in the D5 Senate race, “I was just reading the forum and I noticed a message from King asking me to vote. I don't know his or the others positions, but since he took the time to campaign for my vote he gets it” has voted again in the Republican primary.

This time he says a phrase that is almost as stupid and uninformed. Mr. Moorein08 said, “I was sent a message by Jake to vote. I don't know where the candidates stand, but it looks like KEmperor is everybody's choice.” This shows how these inactives destroy the politics of the forum. These people who come around at voting time and then leave know nothing about fantasy politics, they know nothing about the candidates and basically vote for whoever contacts them first.

Mr. Moorein08 is just one blaring example of the overall corruption of the system by these inactives. How can they make good decisions when they are voting if they don’t take the time to know the candidates? How can they be good Atlasians if they don’t pay attention to the basic politics of the country?

The AFDNC and the AFRNC are both at fault for these inactives being here but that doesn’t mean that they should allow it. Atlasia needs stricter inactivity laws and stricter voting laws.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2005, 03:32:36 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2005, 06:16:24 PM by Senate Candidate Colin Wixted »

The More the Merrier
How Atlasian Politics Is Becoming Worse Because of Block Politics[/i]

For the first time in many elections we have what appears to be a two way race. Senator StatesRights maybe coming into the race but even his most ardent supporters still back Mr. Emperor.

This election seems to be the first in a trend. This trend is the creation of inter-party blocks and alliances to make sure that a lesser of two evils candidate gets into power. In four months we have gone from having seven candidates to having three.

We have gone from almost every party putting out a candidate to great blocks of the left and right putting forward candidates. Atlasia is based in the multi-party system not the two-party system. A political party should run for every office possible or else it is not a political party.

Parties shouldn’t form alliances in the Presidential race. They should stand their ground and put forward a candidate. That is why we have preferential voting, that is why we have made it easy for new parties to form. It is so that Atlasia isn’t guided by the old two party or two coalition system. Atlasia needs to be guided by a true multi-party system. This is why these unity candidates and these political alliances should stop.

While parties can work together they should still compete against one another. Coalitions can form but the parties must maintain their independence. Many have said that this election is the most vitriolic in recent memory. This is because the venom and the political bickering is being done between two sides, the left and the right. Before this political animosity was spread around since your candidate was up against six others in the general election.

While this is not Mr. Emperor’s fault nor is it Mr. Tondheim’s it has been perpetrated by party leaders who are more anxious about winning than about maintaining the spirit of Atlasia and the independence of their parties.

Many have said that they are just doing this to counteract the two big parties, the AFRNC and the AFDNC. While this may be the case it still can be said that there is enough energy in each party for them to do well in an election.

Atlasians should remember that the more the merrier. We hope that leaders find a way to stick by this motto and help Atlasia become itself again.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2005, 08:21:39 PM »

Jake: I'd like to welcome Akno21 to the studio tonight. He is here to share his thoughts on the Democratic Party, the District Two Senate race, and Atlasian Politics as a whole.

Akno: Thanks for having me.

Jake: First question, how do you feel the race for Senate is going? And do you think you are doing enough to sway voters?

Akno: I feel the race for Senate is going very well. I have been in contact with several swing voters, and I think I have had a good impression with them. It is still early, so a lot can change, keep that in mind.

Jake: If elected do you have any specific ideas you'd like to put forth? Any new legislation?

Akno: Seeing the flood of new bills into the Senate, I would not want to make the Senate even slower than it is with new bills. If I get the chance, I would like to ensure that our students are not overburdened with standardized testing, but I would have to reach a judgment on whether that is a state or federal issue before I propose something like that federally.

Jake: In your position as Democratic Party Chair, do you feel the parties of Atlasia are cooperating enough?.

Akno: Officially, there is little work going on together. Of course, much is done informally. This cycle, different parties have banded together, as we see the Republicans, Union, and likely Freedom parties endorsing Kemperor, and the Democrats not running a candidate, and endorsing a ULer. Much cooperation is done on the Senate floor as well. It may not be formal, but there is cooperation. As AFDNC chair, I certainly don't have a list of people I won't deal with or anything akin to a Nixon enemies list.

Jake: In November, former Senator IrishDemocrat admitted to committing voter fraud in his Senate race. I'd like to dispell all rumors about your involvement. Did you, in your capacity as campaign manager, know about this fraud before he admitted to it?.

Akno: As I said, I had heard about from Mr. Alcon, but I wanted to definitely hear it from the Senator first, before I went public with something that could, and did, destroy him forever. I do not consider what I knew of as a rumor to be fact.

Jake: On a lighter note, how do you feel about the direction your party is going in?  Do you have any big changes in store over the next few months?.

Akno: We have no changes in store. We have a convention coming up, so maybe someone will think of something. I would certainly be open to an idea.

Jake: Will you give up your position as AFDNC Chairman if elected? And do you feel that elected officials should be party chairs?.

Akno: If I feel I cannot perform my duty as chairman, I will step down. StevenNick was a good chairman, and he was a Senator. My allegiance is with my country, not my party.

Jake: Final question, I know it's a long way off, but do you have any presidential aspirations in June?.

Akno: While in the Senate, I realized that the President is a very powerful and influential job. It certainly can seem very attractive from a distance. However, I am not sure I am electable, and am not sure I want it. It's too early to rule anything out.

Jake: Thanks to Democratic Party Chair and District 2 Senate Candidate Akno for speaking with us today.  Good Luck in your race.

Akno: Thank you

Jake: And be sure to join us tommorrow as we discuss the District Four Senate race with Sam Spade.  Good night everyone.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2005, 10:30:41 PM »

I, for one, am shocked by the lack of press coverage for the Constitutional Convention!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2005, 10:37:55 PM »

I, for one, am shocked by the lack of press coverage for the Constitutional Convention!

You guys are actually doing something?

I'm shocked. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2005, 10:40:53 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Yes, we have passed groundbreaking reforms on regions and Senate districts.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2005, 10:50:48 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Maybe you should leak some stuff to the media, then.  They tend to be lazy when they need to go looking for themselves. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2005, 11:10:27 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Actually, I checked the CC before I came to the Forum and I was a little confused: did NM get moved out of the Midwest or not? It was a tad unclear if that has been specified...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Actually, I checked the CC before I came to the Forum and I was a little confused: did NM get moved out of the Midwest or not? It was a tad unclear if that has been specified...

We decided to scrap region maps from the Constitution. The regions (with Senate approval) decide their borders now.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2005, 11:13:42 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

We decided to scrap region maps from the Constitution. The regions (with Senate approval) decide their borders now.

Well, now, that is interesting. Will the Pacific make its long-awaited eastward expansion? Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2005, 11:22:15 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Well, now, that is interesting. Will the Pacific make its long-awaited eastward expansion? Smiley

Of course!  Soon, you shall all know the might of the great Pacific Army...

Oh wait, you meant legally.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2005, 11:24:44 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

Of course!  Soon, you shall all know the might of the great Pacific Army...

Oh wait, you meant legally.

Heh, NM will back it either way. ;-)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2005, 05:59:11 AM »

Those borders presently in place will be summarily adopted by the new Constitutional, hopefully with a restriction that will lock the number of Regions at five so that we don't get any Regions splitting to create two new Regions under these rules.

Any transfer of States between two Regions must be agreed to by the two Regions involved, and a State may hold a plebiscite to veto its transfer to another Region. The move must also gain Senate approval.

The process for a transfer is somewhat long, as it needs to be, and has a lot of hoops to jump through, but it is easier than a full blown Constituitonal Amendment.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2005, 09:59:58 AM »

Well the Constitutional Convention is a private meeting of delegates to decide the future of the nation. I believe that I should not report on anything until a full draft has been approved by the delegates at the convention. Until that time I do not wish to publish any story about the Convention due to the fact that it is mostly debating now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

WE'RE NOT JUST GOING TO NEW MEXICO, WMS, WE'RE GOING TO COLORADO AND WYOMING AND NORTH DAKOTA AND SOUTH DAKOTA. WE'RE GOING TO MINNESOTA AND IOWA AND TEXAS  AND OKLAHOMA AND MICHIGAN AND INDIANA, WE'RE GOING TO VIRGINIA AND FLORIDA AND NEW JERSEY AND OHIO AND GEORGIA AND KENTUCKY AND NEW HAMPSHIRE AND VERMONT THEN WE'RE GOING TO NYMAN DC TO TAKE BACK THE FORUM! YEARRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies