The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26094 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: June 20, 2005, 08:54:12 PM »

Senator Supersoulty Resigns, Announces Creation of "Four Freedoms Institute"
LAWRENCE PARK, PA. -- Senator Chris Supersoulty announced his resignation Monday evening, but also vowed to remain active in the Atlasian political process.

Supersoulty, District 1 Senator and recent Presidential candidate, has expectedly announced his resignation from his Senate position after a key vote on Social Security he desired to make.

Supersoulty, who has remained popular in his district and never faced a very significant re-election challenge, made this announcement to supporters in a suburb near his home in Erie, Pennsylvania.  He also said that he would form the Four Freedoms Institute.  Although no details have yet been released, the announcement described the Institute as "place where non-elected (and some elected) officials can discuse topics facing us and develop solutions that are independent from, but will hopefully be considered by the government."

We here at the National Atlasian wish Mr. Supersoulty the best of luck on developing the Four Freedoms Institute into a much-needed outlet for Atlasian citizens to have their say in what is oftentimes the excluding political atmosphere of Atlasia. -ASC
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #401 on: June 20, 2005, 09:01:30 PM »

Wanted: District One Senate Candidates
PITTSBURGH -- Secretary of Forum Affairs True Democrat is calling for candidates for the District One Senate special election this weekend following the resignation of Senator Supersoulty..

True Democrat is asking that all candidates who wish to apply for the position post in a thread that can be found here. Traditionally, elections such as these either come down to one unchallenged candidate or many candidates running at the same time.

The National Atlasian encourages anyone able to serve the position of Senator well to run, as multi-candidate races are healthy for democracy. -ASC
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2007, 01:03:08 PM »

Bump for old times sake.

Colin, you should really bring back this paper.  It was pretty awesome.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »

Agreed.  One thing atlasia needs right now is a fully functioning press.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2007, 09:37:56 PM »

I'll give Colin 2.5 million Atlasian dollars if he restarts this and hires me on as a commentator.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »

I'll give Colin 2.5 million Atlasian dollars if he restarts this and hires me on as a commentator.
Daaaaaang. I didnt make 1/4th of that money workin' The Atlasian Messenger! Colin, if you dont win the presidency dude, you should totally take this deal! Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2007, 10:37:38 PM »

Daaaaaang. I didnt make 1/4th of that money workin' The Atlasian Messenger! Colin, if you dont win the presidency dude, you should totally take this deal! Smiley

Well, given that I have a personal fortune valued at 75 million, I think it's a small price for me to pay to be the main sponsor... Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2007, 10:57:48 AM »

Well, given that I have a personal fortune valued at 75 million, I think it's a small price for me to pay to be the main sponsor... Wink

Given that my personal fortune was estimated at over $2.5 billion, or $500 million I can't recall, I really don't need the money. Wink

But if I don't win the Presidency I will consider bringing the National Atlasian back to life. I was actually reading through this thread a few days ago and I was suprised at how well done it was in comparison to anything else I've really seen from the Atlasian press. If this comes back though this will mostly be an opinion based newspaper, if you want to see the actual news all you have to do is scroll to the right thread.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #408 on: June 10, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »

Given that my personal fortune was estimated at over $2.5 billion, or $500 million I can't recall, I really don't need the money. Wink

Ebowed News Corporation's annual "Richest People in the World" placed you at #5 with $120 billion.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

Ebowed News Corporation's annual "Richest People in the World" placed you at #5 with $120 billion.

Well that tells you how well I have been keeping track of my finances. I'll take $120 billion dollars though.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »

Are you actually gonna release a Richest People in the World? Im interested in seeing that.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #411 on: June 10, 2007, 08:28:59 PM »

Are you actually gonna release a Richest People in the World? Im interested in seeing that.

Well, with $147 quadrillion in cold cash, I am of course #1, but the list will be released some time when I feel  like it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »

Don't forget RegionCorp when you figure out the Ebowed 100.  Once I'm out of office, I may just start acquiring more companies for that conglomerate.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies