The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:33:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 25935 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2004, 10:31:21 AM »
« edited: December 13, 2004, 10:33:07 AM by ColinW »

Chief Justice Shot
Chief Justice KEmperor Said to be in Critical Condition

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting. The Chief Justice is currently in critical condition at Nyman Central Hospital. Doctors say that he was shot in the spleen and that it was a single shot that hit him.

Earlier today Attorney General Peter Bell said that he had activated the Continuity of Operations protocol, which dispatches Federal Agents to supplement the protective details of all Elected Officials. Currently the President, VP, Cabinet members, Senators, Senators-elect, Supreme Court Justices and Regional Governors are being given this extra protection.

As for the assassins the Attorney General has stated that a full FBI investigation has commenced and they are following all leads currently available to them. The Attorney General has asked for everyone to remain calm and to continue their normal routines.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2004, 10:46:09 AM »

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting.
QQQQQ. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2004, 10:50:49 AM »

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting.
QQQQQ. Smiley
what?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2004, 11:01:41 AM »

It's the only license plate of an Atlas citizen that I know, that of Q (IP-GA). Of course, his car might've been stolen. Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2004, 09:23:11 PM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.

Thanks for jinxing us, King. Beautiful job!

You succeeded in making a moderate care about something.

You made him care about voting to spite your projection.

I love the Atlasian, and as a reader of your publication i urge you in the future, NEVER MAKE PROJECTIONS!

Rumors of a secret deal hashed out over lattes and WoT books between ILikeVerin and WMS are just that, rumors... Wink + Tongue

As are rumors of discussing balefire of Harry.  Just unsubstantiated rumors.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2004, 09:25:07 PM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.

Thanks for jinxing us, King. Beautiful job!

You succeeded in making a moderate care about something.

You made him care about voting to spite your projection.

I love the Atlasian, and as a reader of your publication i urge you in the future, NEVER MAKE PROJECTIONS!

Rumors of a secret deal hashed out over lattes and WoT books between ILikeVerin and WMS are just that, rumors... Wink + Tongue

As are rumors of discussing balefire of Harry.  Just unsubstantiated rumors.

Nothing to worry about here folks...just move along briskly now...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2004, 05:54:29 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2004, 05:56:18 AM by Senator Nym90 »

A few inaccuracies in your reporting.

Defarge's invalidation of his vote did not affect the result of the D1 race.

There have been quite a few statements by both the Bulldog and True Democrat...I don't know where you got that one from. True Democrat has been sworn in and is actively participating in both voting and debate in the Senate.

Your suggestion that True Democrat was inactive in his race is a subjective opinion, but most folks of all political persuasions have agreed that he did run an active race, certainly much more so than Bulldog.

In addition, no one from the AFDNC is taking the D4 result to court; Democratic Hawk may challenge it himself, but no one else is bringing forth a case.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2004, 07:29:28 AM »

There have been quite a few statements by both the Bulldog and True Democrat...I don't know where you got that one from. True Democrat has been sworn in and is actively participating in both voting and debate in the Senate.
Colin posted that before their statements, which were relatively long in coming.
Then again, I myself still haven't held a victory speech. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »

A few inaccuracies in your reporting.

Defarge's invalidation of his vote did not affect the result of the D1 race.

Your suggestion that True Democrat was inactive in his race is a subjective opinion, but most folks of all political persuasions have agreed that he did run an active race, certainly much more so than Bulldog.

In addition, no one from the AFDNC is taking the D4 result to court; Democratic Hawk may challenge it himself, but no one else is bringing forth a case.
Nym if you check the time at which this news article was reported you would see that it was before True Democrat or The Bulldog had given Victory or Concession Speeches and it was about an hour, I think, before True Democrat before True Democrat took his oath. I really don't like to be attacked. I never have said that I was not a subjective author, these are mostly my opinions mixed with news. If you don't like my opinions read MANN. I give my readers news and opinions, sometimes in the same article. You can attack my journalistic integrity but I would like to see if Akno has any more than myself. While the AFDNC has not yet brought a case before the court I must say that Democratic 'Hawk' is part of the AFDNC just as I am a part of the AFRNC.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2004, 12:01:21 PM »

You are correct, sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I retract my criticisms on those points. I just failed to check the time of your posts. I apologize.

As for Demo Hawk, yes, he is a Democrat, though I would think there is still a distinction between the actions of an individual member and of the party as a whole. Individuals can take action independently of the party, and it shouldn't necessariliy reflect on the whole party, especially if the individual holds no elected office or otherwise official position.

I have no problem with a bias to your paper or any other. Newspapers are expected to reflect the opinions of the writers and editors. I was just trying to correct what I thought were factual errors.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2004, 04:14:57 PM »

Colin, I separated my personal opinions in MANN. All the news was in italics, and all my personal comments were in normal font.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2004, 06:04:32 PM »

Thanks to Colin for his excellent midterms elections article which gave great information to me as an ordinary uninformed voter.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2004, 07:26:58 PM »

Thanks to Colin for his excellent midterms elections article which gave great information to me as an ordinary uninformed voter.
Thank you Huck for your kind comments. Its nice to know that I am keeping the Atlasian people informed about the issues.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »

Endorsements in Southeastern Governors Race

We here at the National Atlasian are endorsing Ernest for Southeastern Governor. While dubya2004 reflects more of the views of this newspaper Governor Ernest has been the most active governors in Atlasia and has led the charge in the defense of Regional Rights. We wish him the best in this election.

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2004, 01:02:43 PM »

Chief Justice Recovering Well
Rumours That NixonNow Was Assassin False Say Authorities

Chief Justice KEmp is recovering well after being shot late on the 11th. According to sources the Chief Justice is recovering well and has released a statement saying, “I can’t wait to try this son of a bitch.” He has been conversing with friends and has been upgraded from Critical to Good condition today. The authorities have said that rumours of the arrest of NixonNow are absolutely false and that he is not a suspect in the assassination attempt. Authorities are still puzzled by the identity of the assassins. Their has not been any word from the Nyman police but sources inside the DCPD have told us that the perpetrators car had a Maryland license plate but they, as of yet, have no other information. The National Atlasian continues to wish the Chief Justice and his family the best. 
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2004, 05:52:16 PM »

KEmp Released from the Hospital
Said to Be In Good Condition

Chief Justice KEmp was released from the hospital yesterday three days after his status was upgraded to Good condition. He is said to be at his family home for Christmas and will be returning to the Supreme Court after the holidays. The police have still not been able to find the killer, or killers, although the authorities officially said yesterday that NixonNow was innocent and that all accusations against him were false. The Police have said that they will continue the investigation until the assassins are found. 
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2004, 04:22:21 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2004, 04:54:59 PM by ColinW »

Candidates Line Up
With the Presidential Races in Two Months Parties Search for the Man Who Can Beat PBrunsel

Peter Bell and Hugh have both announced their candidacies in the past week while Nym90 seem to be on the verge of announcing his bid for the Presidency. This is all in an attempt to bring down a President who appears close to becoming Atlasia’s first two term President. AFDNC Interim Chairman Alex Knobel said that “The Left must be united,” and that “Nym could do it. Siege could do it.” But it is also a matter of who runs. If the UL puts out a candidate, especially if they produce a Siege40/Trondheim ticket, they could have even more success than Al did in the last elections. Also a new party on the left, the Farmer Labor Party, has a few people how could try for a run. While the AFDNC may be looking for a unified left their chances are being reduced by the amount of candidates that are being brought up. Also centre-leftist Hugh Bartlett has said today that he will run for President as an Independent affiliated with MAMA. It still has to be seen if Hugh can bring in any more support than his last run though he seems to be relegated to second or third preference. While some have said that PBrunsel is a do nothing as President he is widely popular and has a good shot at not only getting the AFRNC nomination but also the Freedom Party nomination. In the Centre some have been whispering about an Ernest/Andrew ticket although their has not been any official word from either Ernest, Andrew, or the Union Party about any Presidential plans. Although the AFDNC has been working toward this united left theory it has to be said that most of Al’s votes in the last Presidential Election went to Harry after Al was eliminated so the left has been united for a long while. This is sure to be an interesting electoral season as more people come into the race. 
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2004, 04:44:08 PM »

Gubernatorial Candidate, Presidential Hopeful, and Attorney General
A Look at Peter Bell’s Many Faceted Current Political Situation [/i]

Mr. Bell has his hands full. He is the hardworking Attorney General, the Candidate for Northeast Governor and he’s looking into a presidential run. He has a good chance of winning the Governors race and being a well respected member of the forum he may do well in any Presidential race if he runs. Mr. Bell is a left leaning independent which makes his status as a presidential candidate rather odd. If he does runs he is likely to get few first preference votes since the Centre-Left is a very small contingency and Hugh Bartlett is also probably running for President as a Centre-Leftist. If the AFDNC nominates Mr. Bell then people more on the far left may feel like Mr. Bell does not represent their views and may run another candidate, but the effect that this will have is practically nil since most if not all the second preference votes would go to Mr. Bell. The main problem is would the AFDNC be willing to endorse a candidate who is outside of the AFDNC, an Independent and a man has long been associated with the UAC. If the AFDNC does think that he can unify the left and bring in Centrist votes then he may be the lefts candidate. The problem would be would he bring in Centrist votes? While he may get second preference from the likes of Nation and Hugh it seems rather far fetched to think that the mainstream Union or Freedom Party voter would vote for Mr. Bell over President Brunsel. But then again nobody thought that True Democrat could win in a contest with Andrew and nobody thought that The Bulldog could get within one vote of beating Chris Soult so it a moderate leftist like Mr. Bell may be able to win over enough support to win.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2004, 04:53:15 PM »

Although the AFDNC has been working toward this united left theory it has to be said that all of Al’s votes in the last Presidential Election went to Harry after Al was eliminated so the left has been united for a long while.

Several voters voted for Al who did not preference anyone else, such as Michael Z and freedomburns.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2004, 04:54:07 PM »

Although the AFDNC has been working toward this united left theory it has to be said that all of Al’s votes in the last Presidential Election went to Harry after Al was eliminated so the left has been united for a long while.

Several voters voted for Al who did not preference anyone else, such as Michael Z and freedomburns.
Thank you Akno I will change that to most.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2004, 05:00:40 PM »

4 voters voted for Al but did not preference Harry. Harry lost by 6. If those 4 are added Harry only loses 51% to 48%, which means Harry lost a nailbitter, not a landslide, have some have said.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2004, 05:01:54 PM »

4 voters voted for Al but did not preference Harry. Harry lost by 6. If those 4 are added Harry only loses 51% to 48%, which means Harry lost a nailbitter, not a landslide, have some have said.
He would still lose though.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2004, 03:50:43 AM »

Candidates Line Up
With the Presidential Races in Two Months Parties Search for the Man Who Can Beat PBrunsel

Peter Bell and Hugh have both announced their candidacies in the past week while Nym90 seem to be on the verge of announcing his bid for the Presidency. This is all in an attempt to bring down a President who appears close to becoming Atlasia’s first two term President. AFDNC Interim Chairman Alex Knobel said that “The Left must be united,” and that “Nym could do it. Siege could do it.” But it is also a matter of who runs. If the UL puts out a candidate, especially if they produce a Siege40/Trondheim ticket, they could have even more success than Al did in the last elections.
Thank you. Smiley
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote][/quote]
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:18 AM »

Ignore part of my post since a partial count has already been done.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2004, 04:02:03 AM »

Mr. Bell has his hands full. He is the hardworking Attorney General, the Candidate for Northeast Governor and he’s looking into a presidential run. He has a good chance of winning the Governors race and being a well respected member of the forum he may do well in any Presidential race if he runs. Mr. Bell is a left leaning independent which makes his status as a presidential candidate rather odd. If he does runs he is likely to get few first preference votes since the Centre-Left is a very small contingency and Hugh Bartlett is also probably running for President as a Centre-Leftist. If the AFDNC nominates Mr. Bell then people more on the far left may feel like Mr. Bell does not represent their views and may run another candidate, but the effect that this will have is practically nil since most if not all the second preference votes would go to Mr. Bell. The main problem is would the AFDNC be willing to endorse a candidate who is outside of the AFDNC, an Independent and a man has long been associated with the UAC. If the AFDNC does think that he can unify the left and bring in Centrist votes then he may be the lefts candidate. The problem would be would he bring in Centrist votes? While he may get second preference from the likes of Nation and Hugh it seems rather far fetched to think that the mainstream Union or Freedom Party voter would vote for Mr. Bell over President Brunsel. But then again nobody thought that True Democrat could win in a contest with Andrew and nobody thought that The Bulldog could get within one vote of beating Chris Soult so it a moderate leftist
Oh, I did. But that's beside the point...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
The point being...
Here's Pete's political affiliation history:
-Only person on the original register to be registered as neither Democratic nor Republican but Independent.
-Voted for Nym in the first election
-Set up the Progressive Party with Dunn (RIP), ILikeVerin and me
-Left us to set up the UAC with JFK, ILikeVerin, Gustaf, Andrew...UAC promptly overrun by Republicans
-Proclaimed himself a "Centrist for Nym" in the second presidential election
-Switched to the Democrats almost immediately after the election
-Was rather inactive for the better part of three months
-Switched registration to Independent
-Voted Al as first preference, PB over Harry in the third presidentials, explaining he based his decisions on character not policy.
-Currently active in setting up the Progressive Caucus.

You really think the Far Left disapproves of him?
And, more to the point:
You really think we'd approve of him more as a Democrat than as an Independent?
Think again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies