The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:59:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26032 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2004, 04:03:06 AM »

Obviously I don't blame you at all for not knowing all that stuff. You've only been around two months, after all.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2004, 06:14:51 AM »

For the record I am a candidate for Mideast, not Northeast, Governor.

I am honoured to be in two consecutive pieces for the National Atlasian.

For the record, my presidential ballot last time was:
1. Al
2. PBrunsel
3. Nation
4. Hugh
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2004, 06:59:47 AM »

About the AFDNC not supporting Peter Bell, I don't know where that comes from. Myself, the AFDNC Chairman, was one of the people actively pushing the Secretary to set up his exploratory committee.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2004, 11:58:32 AM »

Okay. Number One, Akno I don't know what goes on in these backroom discussions of yours. How should I know if you were behind Peter's run.

Lewis, you're right I do not know everything about the forum since I've only been here two months and because there is no official history of Atlasia I just know tidbits from word of mouth. I also didn't take into account the Progressive Caucus and I didn't know about his Centrists for Nym campaign, although if it was just Nym vs. Supersoulty then being a left-leaning Centrist that would make sense.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2004, 03:40:17 PM »

Okay. Number One, Akno I don't know what goes on in these backroom discussions of yours. How should I know if you were behind Peter's run.

You seemed to imply that we were against his run, which was absolutly false.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2004, 03:45:23 PM »

For the record I am a candidate for Mideast, not Northeast, Governor.

I am honoured to be in two consecutive pieces for the National Atlasian.

For the record, my presidential ballot last time was:
1. Al
2. PBrunsel
3. Nation
4. Hugh

hmmm, you didn't go with us last time, why should we go with you?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2004, 05:03:46 PM »

Mr. Bell has his hands full. He is the hardworking Attorney General, the Candidate for Northeast Governor and he’s looking into a presidential run. He has a good chance of winning the Governors race and being a well respected member of the forum he may do well in any Presidential race if he runs. Mr. Bell is a left leaning independent which makes his status as a presidential candidate rather odd. If he does runs he is likely to get few first preference votes since the Centre-Left is a very small contingency and Hugh Bartlett is also probably running for President as a Centre-Leftist. If the AFDNC nominates Mr. Bell then people more on the far left may feel like Mr. Bell does not represent their views and may run another candidate, but the effect that this will have is practically nil since most if not all the second preference votes would go to Mr. Bell. The main problem is would the AFDNC be willing to endorse a candidate who is outside of the AFDNC, an Independent and a man has long been associated with the UAC. If the AFDNC does think that he can unify the left and bring in Centrist votes then he may be the lefts candidate. The problem would be would he bring in Centrist votes? While he may get second preference from the likes of Nation and Hugh it seems rather far fetched to think that the mainstream Union or Freedom Party voter would vote for Mr. Bell over President Brunsel. But then again nobody thought that True Democrat could win in a contest with Andrew and nobody thought that The Bulldog could get within one vote of beating Chris Soult so it a moderate leftist
Oh, I did. But that's beside the point...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
The point being...
Here's Pete's political affiliation history:
-Only person on the original register to be registered as neither Democratic nor Republican but Independent.
-Voted for Nym in the first election
-Set up the Progressive Party with Dunn (RIP), ILikeVerin and me
-Left us to set up the UAC with JFK, ILikeVerin, Gustaf, Andrew...UAC promptly overrun by Republicans
-Proclaimed himself a "Centrist for Nym" in the second presidential election
-Switched to the Democrats almost immediately after the election
-Was rather inactive for the better part of three months
-Switched registration to Independent
-Voted Al as first preference, PB over Harry in the third presidentials, explaining he based his decisions on character not policy.
-Currently active in setting up the Progressive Caucus.

You really think the Far Left disapproves of him?
And, more to the point:
You really think we'd approve of him more as a Democrat than as an Independent?
Think again.

Nice of you to leave out the whole lord executioner thing.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2004, 05:24:19 PM »

Mr. Bell has his hands full. He is the hardworking Attorney General, the Candidate for Northeast Governor and he’s looking into a presidential run. He has a good chance of winning the Governors race and being a well respected member of the forum he may do well in any Presidential race if he runs. Mr. Bell is a left leaning independent which makes his status as a presidential candidate rather odd. If he does runs he is likely to get few first preference votes since the Centre-Left is a very small contingency and Hugh Bartlett is also probably running for President as a Centre-Leftist. If the AFDNC nominates Mr. Bell then people more on the far left may feel like Mr. Bell does not represent their views and may run another candidate, but the effect that this will have is practically nil since most if not all the second preference votes would go to Mr. Bell. The main problem is would the AFDNC be willing to endorse a candidate who is outside of the AFDNC, an Independent and a man has long been associated with the UAC. If the AFDNC does think that he can unify the left and bring in Centrist votes then he may be the lefts candidate. The problem would be would he bring in Centrist votes? While he may get second preference from the likes of Nation and Hugh it seems rather far fetched to think that the mainstream Union or Freedom Party voter would vote for Mr. Bell over President Brunsel. But then again nobody thought that True Democrat could win in a contest with Andrew and nobody thought that The Bulldog could get within one vote of beating Chris Soult so it a moderate leftist
Oh, I did. But that's beside the point...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
The point being...
Here's Pete's political affiliation history:
-Only person on the original register to be registered as neither Democratic nor Republican but Independent.
-Voted for Nym in the first election
-Set up the Progressive Party with Dunn (RIP), ILikeVerin and me
-Left us to set up the UAC with JFK, ILikeVerin, Gustaf, Andrew...UAC promptly overrun by Republicans
-Proclaimed himself a "Centrist for Nym" in the second presidential election
-Switched to the Democrats almost immediately after the election
-Was rather inactive for the better part of three months
-Switched registration to Independent
-Voted Al as first preference, PB over Harry in the third presidentials, explaining he based his decisions on character not policy.
-Currently active in setting up the Progressive Caucus.

You really think the Far Left disapproves of him?
And, more to the point:
You really think we'd approve of him more as a Democrat than as an Independent?
Think again.

Nice of you to leave out the whole lord executioner thing.
Oh yes how could that have slipped by mind. Now I know why Harry doesn't want Peter to be the nominee he executed him twice. 
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2004, 08:24:57 PM »

Supesoulty beat The Bulldog by 3 votes. Just making a minor correction there.

Great paper, keep up the good work.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2004, 08:26:55 PM »

Oh is that the official count now. I didn't know their was that much of a gap between their two votes but it doesn't take away that The Bulldog almost won.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2004, 08:28:39 PM »

Oh is that the official count now. I didn't know their was that much of a gap between their two votes but it doesn't take away that The Bulldog almost won.

Yes, there was some confusion as to the count, so it's understandable.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2004, 08:29:49 PM »

And also thank you for your complement. I would love to do an interview with you sometime.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »

And also thank you for your complement. I would love to do an interview with you sometime.

Sure. We'll have to arrange a time over AIM.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2004, 08:32:46 PM »

Sure. We'll have to arrange a time over AIM.
Problem is you signed off.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2005, 03:34:11 PM »

Mr. Emperor Meet President Brunsel
President Out of Race; Chief Justice Emperor Receives Broad Support [/i]

On Christmas Eve Chief Justice Ken Emperor announced that he was going to run for the Presidency siting that he wants to unite Atlasia and bring more activity to the White House. This was just the beginning of the bad news for the President who had seen his approval rating slide from in the high 60s down to the high 40s in the most recent polls.

The Chief Justice almost immediately received endorsements from key Centrists such as Don Johnson, Chairman of the Union Party, and Senator John Kennedy. Mr. Emperor also received endorsements from many Republicans, including Senators StatesRights and Bono and SoFA Steven Nichols.

Facing a large challenge on the right from Mr. Emperor and sinking approval from all over Atlasia including his own party the President could see the writing on the wall Mr. Brunsel said that he will not stand for re-election, making him the next in a long line of one term Atlasian presidents. This has made the right secure for the chief justice while the endorsement from the Constitutional Union Party has made sure that he will have Centrist support come February.

Mr. Emperor then shocked some when he announced that his VP nominee is Alcon San Croix of South Dakota, a Democrat and a moderate liberal who has minimal government experience. Some said the nomination was odd and would leave a liberal a heartbeat away from the Presidency but this is another attempt by Mr. Emperor to shore up support on the left and centre-left. Also with the last Centre-Left candidate dropping out of the race, Mr. Bartlett or Oregon, it has made it possible for him to pick up the moderate left vote as well.

It seems as though Mr. Emperor is in for a landslide victory unless the Democrats can come up with someone electable. The problem for the AFDNC is that all their good moderate candidates have said that they will not run for the Presidency and one of the best hopes for the Presidency, Governor MAS, defected to the Union Party after hearing about Mr. Emperors Presidential candidacy.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2005, 11:36:15 AM »

Lewis, you're right I do not know everything about the forum since I've only been here two months and because there is no official history of Atlasia I just know tidbits from word of mouth. I also didn't take into account the Progressive Caucus and I didn't know about his Centrists for Nym campaign, although if it was just Nym vs. Supersoulty then being a left-leaning Centrist that would make sense.
Nym vs Gustaf (vs StevenNick). This was at the tail end of his time in the UAC.
And write a story on my candidacy, please. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2005, 11:41:10 AM »

Nym vs Gustaf (vs StevenNick). This was at the tail end of his time in the UAC.
And write a story on my candidacy, please. Smiley
I will, I am a very busy man.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2005, 12:03:27 PM »

What’s Up With the Centre-Left
Bartlett; Bell; Bartlett/Bell; The Continuing Lack of Decisiveness on the Centre-Left[/i]

The Centre-Left has been in shambles since the fall of the AFIP and their recent string of Presidential Candidates shows how week this section of Atlasian politics is. First Mr. Bartlett announced that he would run as a MAMA Independent candidate for President. This was followed by former Attorney General Bell saying that he would look into a presidential campaign.

As soon as Chief Justice Emperor was receiving his vast amounts of support the left was looking for a candidate. The AFDNC was thinking about settling on Mr. Bell as their candidate but that decision fell through. Next Mr. Bartlett decided to announce that Mr. Bell was his VP nominee. The problem was Mr. Bell didn’t want the job saying that he would rather run for Governor followed by Mr. Bartlett’s departure from the race due to personal reasons.

The Centre-Left as a whole is basically a microcosm for what is going on in the rest of the left. No Democrats or other Leftists, save Lt. Gov. Trondheim, have wanted to run. Along with most of the AFDNC moderates saying that they would rather stay out of this race former President Nyman’s indecisiveness on whether he should run or not has hurt his standing among the electorate.

It looks like because of this lack of leadership on the part of the AFDNC is probably going to lead to a landslide for the Chief Justice but will Mr. Emperor’s broad support last through the race. Their have already been comparisons between Mr. Emperor and former President Gustaf Lundregen, who left office early after an inactive stay in the White House. Although Mr. Emperor has dismissed the comparisons saying that he will not resign from office it will still have to be shown whether his broad coalition can hold together.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2005, 12:17:31 PM »

It has to be said that it was a total shambles; Had I thought Hughie had a realistic chance of winning, I would have run as VP as I think I would have been effective in that post, but I've never really fancied the top job personally.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »

The FLP is both Left and Centre though not Centre-Left ;-)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2005, 12:06:17 PM »

A major update will be posted later in the day. Probably tonight. At least three major stories and some early endorsements.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2005, 11:08:12 AM »

Waiting. Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2005, 11:11:05 AM »

Sorry wasn't on last night, I was watching football. I'll do the update right now.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2005, 11:20:31 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2005, 11:54:27 AM by Senate Candidate Colin Wixted »

Early Endorsements for Gubanatorial and Senatorial Races

THESE ARE ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT A LATER DATE

The Mideastern Regional Gubanatorial Race

1. Peter Bell
2. DanielX

While we at the National Atlasian agree more with the views of Mr. DanielX former Attorney General Bell is more experienced and a better fit for the job. We consider his almost infinite knowledge of the Constitution and his intrinsical understanding of Atlasian law to be very important for the Governor of the Mideast.

District 1 Senate

1. ColinW
2. Nation

Do not want to discuss due to conflict of intrest.

District 2 Senate

1. Bono
2. Akno21

We believe that Bono should remain in the Senate. He has always been a voice for fiscal responsibility and economic conservatism. While some of his positions may be rather extreme he is still the better choice.

District 3 Senate

1. NOTA

We consider none of the people running in the District 3 Senate to stand up for the beliefs of this newspaper and neither right-wing candidates have the personality and decorum to be Atlasian Senators.

District 4 Senate

1. StatesRights
2. Josh22

We believe that Senator StatesRights is still the man who is best for District 4. He has always been a voice of conservatism and is now Atlasia's elder statesman. We believe in another term for Senator StatesRights.

District 5 Senate

1. John F. Kennedy

For lack of any opposition this newspaper is endorsing John F. Kennedy for Senate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2005, 11:49:47 AM »

Bumps On the Road to the White House
New Candidates Seem Close to Entering the Race[/i]

While the Emperor/San Croix ticket is currently enjoy record popularity among all Atlasians there are some murmurs of dissent from some of Mr. Emperor’s biggest supporters, Republicans.

A few days ago Senator StatesRights said he was contemplating a run for the Presidency under a StatesRights/Jake ticket. He has set up an exploratory committee and from the looks of it his campaign is very popular among many Republicans and other rightists.

A poll from about a week and a half ago said that a Generic Conservative Candidate could possibly get 20% of the vote in a three way race. While that is still coming in third there are enough AFRNC pocket votes to ensure that a candidate such StatesRights could probably get an even higher percentage than that.

While this may take away a certain amount of Mr. Emperor’s votes he is still looking at a potential landslide since many StatesRights voter’s will second preference Mr. Emperor with only the die hard First Past the Post people voting only for StatesRights.

So it seems that nothing can derail the Emperor/San Croix ticket. Even with a more Conservative candidate in the race Mr. Emperor seems to be on the road to Atlasia’s first Presidential landslide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies