The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:41:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26041 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: November 03, 2004, 06:07:09 PM »

Bush Wins!
Bush Wins With 286 Electoral Votes With 99% of Precincts Reporting

At around 11:15 am November 3, 2004 John F. Kerry conceded to President George W. Bush. The Democrats have suffered a large blow. George W. Bush has won the popular vote along with the electoral vote and the Republican party has gained a net of 4 seats in the Senate and a net of 4-6 seats in the House. Currently, as of 4:22 pm, Iowa and New Mexico have yet to be called. These are both showing Bush with an advantage and are expected to be called for Bush before 8:00 pm EST. Bush was able to gain ground in both Ohio and Florida while Kerry was able to pick up votes in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. The results in Florida were the most surprising. Florida, which was won by Bush by only 537 votes in 2000, was won by Bush by around 500,000 votes and a 52-47 percentage. Ohio, which was the closest major battleground state, was won by Bush by 140,000 votes. While not an electoral sweep this certainly gives a mandate for Bush and the Republican party while striking a serious blow to the Democratic party. Also again for a second election the South and the West were sweeps for the Republicans. The Democrats have had their last hurrah in the south. We can see that the south may become as Republican as it was Democrat in the early 20th century. We here at the National Atlasian would like to give our thanks to both candidates and our hope for four good years under President Bush.

Who is this 'George Bush' you speak of? Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:38:05 PM »

The President on TV's The West Wing, of course! The Atlasian must have accidentaly ran part of it's Entertainment section.
Smiley

LOL!

Sorry, I'm occupied watching "Moinei" at that time slot on ILVES (ILV Entertainment Station), chronicling the trials and tribulations of rich two couples and one of the couples' daughter.  This week the daughter had her first kid with one of those Famlee's, who come from the wrong side of the tracks Cheesy
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 06:43:46 PM »

PBrunsel has already voted.

I think the anti-Democrat/Republican proposition really hurt ILV. It was his election to lose, and it looks like he lost it.

Then it shall go down in history that I lost because I stood up for my ideals! *heroic pose*
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 06:55:43 PM »

If it's a tie, then dabeav had better give me some cool position since I'd give him the election Wink

(So far, I'm the only one who has 2nd preferenced anyone: dabeav)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 06:59:40 PM »

If it's a tie, then dabeav had better give me some cool position since I'd give him the election Wink

(So far, I'm the only one who has 2nd preferenced anyone: dabeav)

OWL 2nd preferenced you, so it would still be a tie if you used 2nd preferences as a tie breaker Tongue

Oh, cool Tongue

Then it goes to a senatorial panel.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 07:00:57 PM »

1) Vote your preferences for Midwest Governor:
X Ilikeverin
O Dabeav
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 07:11:08 PM »

ROFL

Actually, John said he supports me in a PM Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 07:19:45 PM »

And believe it or not, I still haven't made up my mind on that one... Smiley

Remember, dabeav is a libertarian.  At least I share your economically liberal views (although mine are a bit more liberal than yours Tongue)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 07:23:11 PM »

Remember, dabeav is a libertarian. At least I share your economically liberal views (although mine are a bit more liberal than yours Tongue)

Yes, but Dabeav supports freedom of choice for New Mexico, you don't even support freedom of choice for voter registrations. Tongue

Hmm, did you read my statement about New Mexico?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 08:02:48 PM »

Remember, dabeav is a libertarian. At least I share your economically liberal views (although mine are a bit more liberal than yours Tongue)

Yes, but Dabeav supports freedom of choice for New Mexico, you don't even support freedom of choice for voter registrations. Tongue

Hmm, did you read my statement about New Mexico?

Actually, both candidates support freedom of choice for New Mexico...which makes my voting preference more difficult...

Let's look at the political compass scores:

WMS
Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Ilikeverin
Economic Left/Right: -4.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.25

Dabeav
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

Economically Verin is 4.02 points away from you, while Dabeav is just 1.25 points away from you. Socially Verin is 1.28 points away from you, while Dabeav is 1.49 points away from you.

This means 66% of your views are shared by Dabeav and 41% of your views are shared by Verin.
Ahem.
11/24/04, 7th try
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

As you can see I already edited it

Thanks, King.

You shouldn't necessarily say 'views'.  A lot of those are 'personal preference' questions.  There are about a million about rebelling against your parents/authority, for instance (if I voted to rebel less on those, then I suspect my social score would be in the high (-4.25--4) -4s/low (-3.99--3.75) -3s Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 10:37:01 AM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 09:23:11 PM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.

Thanks for jinxing us, King. Beautiful job!

You succeeded in making a moderate care about something.

You made him care about voting to spite your projection.

I love the Atlasian, and as a reader of your publication i urge you in the future, NEVER MAKE PROJECTIONS!

Rumors of a secret deal hashed out over lattes and WoT books between ILikeVerin and WMS are just that, rumors... Wink + Tongue

As are rumors of discussing balefire of Harry.  Just unsubstantiated rumors.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

Hugh was not head of the AFIP.  No one was head of the AFIP!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 08:41:46 PM »

Go Nym's Cookies Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies